The "T" gets a "D"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The "T" gets a "D"

Once again..the mbta and the commuter rail got it wrong for the Saturday Bruins parade. For two days..all we heard on the news was "don't drive..traffic will be a nightmare" and "City officials are asking everyone to use public transportation"..etc..etc..

Then..on Friday they announce that they are adding extra subway service but that the commuter rail would be operating on a Saturday schedule. Huh..?? How does this strategy make sense when you are asking a million people to..well..use public transportation..? Not adding additional commuter rail trains not only left people stranded but overtaxed the subway system and the outlying subway stations as well. The result was..many people who wanted to go to the rally had no chance of getting there in time for the rally.
    It's hard for me to believe that the city and the T have not yet learned that when celebrating a championship in Boston..it needs to be all hands on deck if you are requesting people use public transportation. These same problems existed when the Patriots won their first superbowl back a few years ago...

The lesson to be learned here is not to listen to "city officials" when you are going into town for a championship rally. Ironically..the people I know who drove in..had no issue whatsoever. Go figure..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: The "T" gets a "D"

Once again the t messes up and did not anticipate the large crowd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree..this was the only glitch in an otherwise well planned event.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonUrbEx. Show BostonUrbEx's posts

The MBTA ran every single operable locomotive and set it had available for the commuter rail. The commuter rail was able to shuttle in an unprecendented 120,000 people that morning, when they usually see somewhere about 60,000 on weekdays.

The only people who get a bad grade are those with the "me, me, me" mentality like yourself. You get a big F, for "F You". You didn't get up early enough or plan properly. GET OVER IT. That's the price some people have to pay for living in suburbs, sometimes you just miss out on what's happenin' in town.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: The "T" gets a "D":
    The MBTA ran every single operable locomotive and set it had available for the commuter rail. The commuter rail was able to shuttle in an unprecendented 120,000 people that morning, when they usually see somewhere about 60,000 on weekdays. The only people who get a bad grade are those with the "me, me, me" mentality like yourself. You get a big F, for "F You". You didn't get up early enough or plan properly. GET OVER IT. That's the price some people have to pay for living in suburbs, sometimes you just miss out on what's happenin' in town.
    Posted by BostonUrbEx

Actually..people who were on the platform before the first train and still got left because they hadn't gone to the very first stop on the line and by the time the train got to them they were out of luck. I would not have expected the T to be able to handle that volume anyhow...and had I gone in I would have driven. All the people who I know who drove in had no issue..but wait...city officials were telling people not to drive..
    Whatdoyouwantnow is right..there was not adequate equipment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to The "T" gets a "D":
    Once again..the mbta and the commuter rail got it wrong for the Saturday Bruins parade. For two days..all we heard on the news was "don't drive..traffic will be a nightmare" and "City officials are asking everyone to use public transportation"..etc..etc.. Then..on Friday they announce that they are adding extra subway service but that the commuter rail would be operating on a Saturday schedule. Huh..?? How does this strategy make sense when you are asking a million people to..well..use public transportation..? Not adding additional commuter rail trains not only left people stranded but overtaxed the subway system and the outlying subway stations as well. The result was..many people who wanted to go to the rally had no chance of getting there in time for the rally. It's hard for me to believe that the city and the T have not yet learned that when celebrating a championship in Boston..it needs to be all hands on deck if you are requesting people use public transportation. These same problems existed when the Patriots won their first superbowl back a few years ago... The lesson to be learned here is not to listen to "city officials" when you are going into town for a championship rally. Ironically..the people I know who drove in..had no issue whatsoever. Go figure..
    Posted by miscricket

It makes PERFECT sense if you are a government employee. 

I sat on a train once with someone high up in the T, and had a conversation that went someothgin like this:

"We have a near perfect record of problem resolution"

"How do you do that"

"Every complaint we answer within 24 hours gets answered and closed"

"What about those complaints you don't answer in 24 hours?"

"we close those too."

100% success rate!  If I worked like that in the private sector, I wouldn't last a week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The MBTA ran every single operable locomotive and set it had available for the commuter rail. The commuter rail was able to shuttle in an unprecendented 120,000 people that morning, when they usually see somewhere about 60,000 on weekdays. The only people who get a bad grade are those with the "me, me, me" mentality like yourself. You get a big F, for "F You". You didn't get up early enough or plan properly. GET OVER IT. That's the price some people have to pay for living in suburbs, sometimes you just miss out on what's happenin' in town.
    Posted by BostonUrbEx

How's that "T" pension working out for yah? 

Retire at 42 years of age if you work for the T.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonUrbEx. Show BostonUrbEx's posts

In Response to Re: The "T" gets a "D" : How's that "T" pension working out for yah?  Retire at 42 years of age if you work for the T.
    Posted by skeeter20

I don't work for the MBTA, and I oppose their lucrative benefits. But nice try, you almost distracted us from the fact that the MBTA just handled a record high ridership. I'd like to see everyone find a parking space next time. Then we can blame our beautiful urban fabric for not having enough parking lots scarring our city.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Actually, the parking spots were there.  The state and Boston should have promoted the multiple lots in the seaport area.  Virutally no one uses them on a weekend, due to the vast number of street parking spots.

I am sure the owners of the lots would have given a reduced rate.  If they didn't, driving and parking in the seaport area, is still cheaper than taking the commuter rail.

Sections
Shortcuts