Want to talk about the weather?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dankline. Show dankline's posts

Want to talk about the weather?

Join our open forum and share your weather stories. Are you ready? Are you scared? Excited? Tell us about what you're doing, how you are getting ready and how you plan to ride out the storm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dankline. Show dankline's posts

Re: Want to talk about the weather?

We're stocked up with food -- unless the power goes out, then it's energy bars and dry cereal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjr2. Show gjr2's posts

we've been in the safe room i built for the zombie apocalypse for three days now.......ten thousand gallons of bottled water, four tons of spam and five hundred bags of cheetos......we're good for two or three years

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doppelgangland. Show doppelgangland's posts

pillow forts and the lava game :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nina0701. Show Nina0701's posts

The best news about blizzards is that the ice cream will not melt.  I'm all set with an oil lamp, a battery operated radio, and dog biscuits to keep the Pug engaged.  Home Depot still has AA batteries.  I also have a long book, but sadly, no movie.  I will spend the day painting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McGinest55. Show McGinest55's posts

If the power goes out for weeks, we can melt snow and boil our leather shoes for food.

...or we could just walk or drive two blocks down the street to the grocery store, the diner and the convenience store.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnH. Show FinnH's posts

The weather doesn't bother me nearly as much as hackneyed phrases like "riding out," "bracing for," and "hunkering down before" the storm. I haven't hunkered since I outgrew hide & go seek, I'm not in a ship at sea so I'm not riding anything out, and I will brace only when the flight attendants tell me to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rad666. Show rad666's posts

storm what storm........I didn't know there was going to be a storm, why doesn't the media report these things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I see regular tv programs have been preempted.

Really, is 24 hour a day coverage necessary?

I mean the blizzard hasn't even started yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnerchick. Show Runnerchick's posts

Stranded in Dallas since my flight back home to Boston was cancelled. Roughing it at the Four Seasons Hotel!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from z02466. Show z02466's posts

Has it never snowed in New England before?  Perhaps over the next 24 hours all kinds of bad things will happen, and all this preemtory hype will have been necessary, but a "superstorm?"  Cancelled everything?  Strikes me as well over the top.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dancingwitch. Show Dancingwitch's posts

Seems there is that panic factor....just stay calm and prepare the way those in the North Country do.

Guess people get to crazy around here, because so many don't know how to drive in the snow, or prepare for the snow, so news channels and public servants keep spreading the word.  Very important to check in on elderly or disabled neighbors.  There have been stories in past of people dying, because they ran out of fuel and noone checked on them.  With all the media today, hopefully, staying in touch is much easier.  And as opposed to lack of communication for blizzard of 1978, yes, it seems like there is a bit of overcommunication.  Just turn to another station or livestream if you have a computer.  Guess we are due for a big one, and the water tables have been so low.  Just try to embrace what we can't control and stay safe and warm.  A cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and whatever you choose for poison will get you through......winter well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dancingwitch. Show Dancingwitch's posts

In response to Runnerchick's comment:

Stranded in Dallas since my flight back home to Boston was cancelled. Roughing it at the Four Seasons Hotel!

Hope the airline is picking up that tab!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dancingwitch. Show Dancingwitch's posts

In response to FinnH's comment:

The weather doesn't bother me nearly as much as hackneyed phrases like "riding out," "bracing for," and "hunkering down before" the storm. I haven't hunkered since I outgrew hide & go seek, I'm not in a ship at sea so I'm not riding anything out, and I will brace only when the flight attendants tell me to.

Right on, FinnH!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from woahwarthogwoah. Show woahwarthogwoah's posts

Who cares about the weather?!?  I want the wavy logo back!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

In response to McGinest55's comment:

If the power goes out for weeks, we can melt snow and boil our leather shoes for food.

...or we could just walk or drive two blocks down the street to the grocery store, the diner and the convenience store.

I LOVE this post! Sadly, there are still far too many people who find it necessary to empty the supermarket shelves...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

The amount of food you need to "survive" these mega-storms is precisely equal to the amount you need for EVERY other 24-hour period throughout EVERY season of the year... I can personally offer a 100% ironclad guarantee that you will not have to eat the family pet to survive...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rick259g. Show rick259g's posts

Snowstorms in Boston are always fun..we should be fine in a day or two..I'm sure MickyD's will remain open..so I can get that 2AM Big Mac..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from homeridea. Show homeridea's posts

good thing my mistress is only 2 blocks away,  yes sir!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Susie78punkwave. Show Susie78punkwave's posts

I'm still at work. Downtown Shooz in Coolidge Corner. I live 1 minute from here, so I will ride it out until about 6. There are not many customers at this point, but everyone that comes in wants boots. I am a journalist and this is 1 of my 3 part time day jobs. I try to be very dedicated to each 1!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uxbridgiana. Show uxbridgiana's posts

If the power stays up, I'm all set.  Post office delivered my DVD of Downton Abbey Season 3 yesterday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHClimber. Show NHClimber's posts

I thought I would drive around 128 in an old white Pontiac Fiero texting and taking pictures to post on media websites. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to uxbridgiana's comment:

If the power stays up, I'm all set.  Post office delivered my DVD of Downton Abbey Season 3 yesterday.

Enjoy..!! I just finished watching Season 2..!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to dankline's comment:

We're stocked up with food -- unless the power goes out, then it's energy bars and dry cereal.

Haha..having lost power many times in the past..I made sure to let my fridge and freezer run down a bit. Definitely plenty to eat for the next few day.

Although we moved recently to a house..I still worry about power outages so I have a few candles lit and the emergency kit on the kitchen table..just in case.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spears4. Show spears4's posts

I did stock  up but not that much on the dairy.  Lights are starting to flicker so taking out the extra blankets