Want to talk about the weather?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobiesrock. Show dobiesrock's posts

Re: Want to talk about the weather?

ok, im not a snowstorm snob, but im from buffalo, and i remember MUCH WORSE than this. i remember when i was 16, a new driver, my '70 Firebird (rear wheel drive) slidding backwards down a very long hill on ice.  people had to try to get out of my way. my terrified mother in the passenger seat trying to teach me how to handle a situation like this that she never experienced. i remember an early relase from school when the snow was so thick i needed whipers on super high speed, they were doing nothing, the snow was piling on the car and the windows, heavy, wet snow, then a chunck of ice fell from a tree and got stuck in the whiper mechanism and i had to hand clean my windshield for the rest of the ride home to see. frozen locks.  oh god, the sound of starting an engine at minus degrees. my father always taught me to have a full tank of gas.  this storm is just a walk in the snow.  with my doberman.  remain calm and hug your doberman.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bipolarbears. Show bipolarbears's posts

According to Boston.com, there are is exactly one person in western Mass right now with his power out. He is in North Adams. In the rest of Mass there is 190,000 people without power.

The map can be found here:

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/specials/snow_power_outage_map/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chubby. Show Chubby's posts

Grateful to have electricity at 12:50AM, wind is howling in Westford.  Everywhere I imagine!  Drifts are incredible.  Huge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Went out with the roof rake at 7a, thinking I'd be in time to avoid the ice dam disaster of a few years ago.

Too late,  all iced up solid already.....I have power and can barely see my car, but I'm more concerned with potental roof damage $$$

Be careful shoveling folks, this isn't the light fluffy stuff...I think I'll go tackle the front walk as I can almost open the front door now after 10 minutes of shoving!

PS: Good thing I made it to the package store last week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

When the Globe asks for storm pictures, we want to see the storm, not your cute little doggie or toddler playing in the snow. PLEASE! This is not the place for it. I live in Virginia & experienced the Blizzard of '78. I WANT TO SEE SNOW PICTURES. Save the family photos for the appropriate time. Gees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to oldman33's comment:

This storm is no comparison to the blizzard of 78, I was around then too.

Blizzard of 78 I couldn't open my front door for 4-5 days!

All the cars on the street were totally buried, didn't even know they were there till 2 weeks later.

Kids came around and would dig you out for $25! 

Funny thing though, I never lost power or phone use.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Keeballs. Show Don-Keeballs's posts

I will spend the entire day getting sh!tfaced and m@sturbating.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

In response to oldman33's comment:

This storm is no comparison to the blizzard of 78, I was around then too.

Blizzard of 78 I couldn't open my front door for 4-5 days!

All the cars on the street were totally buried, didn't even know they were there till 2 weeks later.

Kids came around and would dig you out for $25! 

Funny thing though, I never lost power or phone use.