1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

The elephant in the room is getting bigger!

Must be awkward for Morgan, Bradley, and any other host that's trying to avoid those questions.

It would be so easy to slip and say the wrong thing, or have something you said be misinterpreted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

12:08 -  Morgan White read a statement from Peter Casey, Program Director. 

Basically: After re-evaluating the overnight show, I have decided to make a change to our overnight programming.  In the best interests of our loyal audience and WBZ, The Jen Brien Show will no longer air between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 am on WBZ.  Morgan White will host the overnight show for the rest of the week.  I will provide updates soon regarding long term plans. 

Morgan White is asking that people hold off calling about it until 1:00am, because he has a scheduled guest the first hour.  But calls about it will be accepted.

Hallelujah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The fat lady has sung.

Well, maybe they will keep her as a fill in, and I hope she finds a gig she's better suited for.

It s#cks when you take on a job and it's not a good fit, many of us have been there.

Or maybe she just has some stuff she has to take care of, whatever, I wish her well.

Her fans will be calling after the first hour tonight...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrsoccer. Show nrsoccer's posts

Thank you, Peter Casey. Thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Maybe it's time to only say nice things, as at a wake.  Two prayers...

After The Fiddler on the Roof: "God bless her and keep her ... far away from us."

And: Please, WBZ, keep it local.

WBZ is blessed to have Morgan White and Bradley Jay.  Each will/would handle this in the best way possible.  A speculation: If Bradley Jay took his cell phone, I'll bet it's the most distracted vacation he's ever taken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

A change.  Morgan White re-read the statement, and then: "Leave it alone."  And went on to other things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Program note:  They kept the generic WBZ overnight show touts that they played at each of the breaks before it became The Jen Brien Show.  Guess you never know...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I guess it's not a union job, lol.

Awkward that she didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

This stuff happens though, especially in radio.

A few years ago I was listening to Curtis Sliwa hosting on another radio station, outspoken and popular.

All of a sudden one evening, he says, tonight will be my last show here, managment and I couldn't agree on some things.  Thank you and goodbye, blah blah, blah. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The brevity of Peter Casey's statement is notable.  No thanks or wishing her well in any way.  Neither did Morgan White go in that direction at all.  And perhaps in the same vein, the way he handled it this morning, including the change in the middle of the show, completely censoring anything but repeated reading of the statement, may have to do with legal concerns w/r/t libel, as well as PR.  The ounce of prevention -- as much as possible.  There was nothing pretty about this, either in front of the curtain or behind it.  Semi-witness how long it took for the mess to play out in recent weeks.  Has it completely played out?

Wonder where the sponsors are in all of this.  It's probably more like turning a ship than we can see.  

To say nothing about the embarrassment of Peter Casey.  The attention shifts to him.  It could turn out to be, "...the cheese stands alone".  Mixing metaphors: Especially if he throws a Hail Mary by going to syndication.  Then himself begging the question: Did he intend this all along?  That's one that Jen Brien, especially Jen Brien, might ask.

$$$

And, "Peter Casey, Boston Magazine on Line 1."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree, this wasn't handled well.   She would have been better off if she turned down the full-time job offer and agreed to just fill in.

Instead, she walked into a hornets nest (metaphorically speaking).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorvis. Show dorvis's posts

Glad the train wreck is over and we can get back to reality. Most of us left junior high a long time ago. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

According to the blogs, her fans have started a "Bring back Jen" campaign.

I wonder who will be on at midnight tonight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

According to the blogs, her fans have started a "Bring back Jen" campaign, check the latest comments.

http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/06/boston-radio-jen-brien-gets-overnights.html

http://www.mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/10/boston-radio-jenn-brien-out-at-wbz-fm.html

I wonder who will be on at midnight tonight?

Same here.  Nothing on the WBZ website, yet.  That's curious.  Sayings come to mind such as: Peter Casey, it's time to fish or cut bait.  And: It's the first day of the rest of your life.  And: Your move.  Or maybe this one is trumping everything else: "You don't have to eat the soup as hot as it's served."  They want to let the situation cool off?

Someone has compared her with Sarah Palin in the long blog.

Is Bradley Jay due back at 10?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Why has no other media picked up the story?  Professional courtesy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, Bradley Jay is on at 10p,  so Morgan will probably be on tonight.

Unless they call in Todd or Dean, or Bradley stays for 7 hours.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Bradley Jay.  No talk about how it's going to be, unless he explained things during Jay Talking before the hour.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Someone else was on 10p-12a.

Well, every night will be a surprise for now, and not a peep about the elephant.

“Star of the Day, who will it be?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Nice that they gave him a break from doing the whole seven hours.

No, he never said boo.  Not even as much as Morgan White's "Leave it alone".  And nothing of it got past Mark Lovallo.

These guys are exercising "Discretion - the better part of valor" for all it's worth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

From the Media Confidential blog (mentioned in previous posts)

"UPDATED 10/07/2013: So what finally happened that caused WBZ-AM to part company with Brien?  Apparently, it’s as simple as her not showing up for some shifts or not starting on-time. There also reports that management is going to keep to 12M to 5A local and not go for syndication."

ETA: Bradley is on at midnight tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

From the Media Confidential blog (mentioned in previous posts)

"UPDATED 10/07/2013: So what finally happened that caused WBZ-AM to part company with Brien?  Apparently, it’s as simple as her not showing up for some shifts or not starting on-time. There also reports that management is going to keep to 12M to 5A local and not go for syndication."

ETA: Bradley is on at midnight tonight.

If it's the case, it's not surprising.  When it's such a subjective job and situation, a seemingly small technicality - in comparison with big issues - is often the provable fact that's used to fire a person.

Great if the news is true that they've decided to keep it here.  Maybe too early for a "Hallelujah"".

Bradley got a lot of calls throughout the morning.  Finally, "Talk to you ta-night".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The discussion is made somewhat difficult to follow on that blog because it now has two active threads -- the long one that started back when the (first) rotation was in play, and one that the blogger started when "WBZ has parted company with Jen Brien" without locking the first.

And did WBZ deal with their own blog about Jen Brien by eliminating the whole thing, rather than just locking it?

Didn't pay that much attention to them until now, looking for news about what's next.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The WBZ Jen article is still around, but all comments were removed.

I check both blogs as they both seem to be active.

I guess there is a lot going on at her Facebook page, according to the comments.

I can't access it, though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I can't access it, though.

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[EDIT: Whoops.  Deleted.  Thought the two questions above were to me...]

Kerry Connolly:  "Will I see you tomorrow?"  

Bradley Jay:  "Yes."

And there's Joe Mathieu for cheery chit chat.