WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

I enjoy the music Jordan Rich plays,  and the artsy guests he tends to have on.  I  feel like I'm soaking up a little culture in the night. lol

But Bradley Jay will always be my favorite :)

Eta: I spoke too soon about Facebook, Bradley was pushing it again this morning...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

@GoneToTheDogs39: My Bose radio gives me all that I need for listening to the guys via the radio.  Otherwise, this netbook's JBL drive via earbuds is good enough on the road - just different.  

It sure is nice to get the slice of life from back home when on an extended road trip, as is the case now.  Whatever is going on back home is going on on Bradley Jay's show, unvarnished.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@Firewind,  did you notice that last Sunday in the 10p-12a time slot, Dean Johnson filled in, instead of Todd Feinberg.  Dean was very enthusiastic and announced that he would be doing Sundays 10p-12a for at least the next few weeks and hinted maybe even longer.

I'll have to check out Bose.  Thanks.

Eta: Ouch!  I just saw the prices, those radios must be something special :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

@GoneToTheDogs39: Out of the box here, Sunday.  My internet access is sporadic, actually.  And, yes, everything Bose is big bucks, and never discounted, that I've seen.  Actually, much more than necessary for the talk shows.  Mine's a gift from a relative.

And thanks for the comment above.  Glad that WBZ's whole evening and night schedule is firming up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I have a new appreciation for my Grundig!  In fact I might pick up another one, the reception is actually very good, especially if I place it in front of a window.

Bradley is still going strong :)

It is nice that they now have someone on for a couple of hours, Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Weekend days I switch over to WBUR for a while, interesting interviews and stories (sometimes).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

GoneToTheDogs39, I like Margery Eagan and Jim Braude on the "Boston Public Radio" show from noon to 2 on WBGH-FM -- a lot.  They have opinions and give them, but seem pretty open-minded and accepting of each other's and others'.  They have a variety (opinion-wise) of interesting local guests, including some regulars, Emily Rooney, Charlie Baker and Deval Patrick among them.  One guest, who's been on a couple of times at least, that I got a particular kick out of was Yeardley Smith, the voice of Lisa Simpson, who has the actual funny voice and smarts that might surprise you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

OT       

I really enjoyed this   "The Beatles: The Night That Changed America" http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-beatles-the-night-that-changed-america--a-grammy-salute/tv-listings/633441

I hope they rebroadcast it soon, I missed the last 15 minutes because my dogs demanded a bathroom break!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley Jay was looking for ideas for Valentines Day.

He wants to make the day special for his gf of many years.   I wonder why they don't get married?

Ps: I thought the 4 tires he bought for his old gf was a wonderful gift.  Too bad she didnt appreciate it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OT       

I really enjoyed this   "The Beatles: The Night That Changed America" http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-beatles-the-night-that-changed-america--a-grammy-salute/tv-listings/633441

I hope they rebroadcast it soon, I missed the last 15 minutes because my dogs demanded a bathroom break!

[/QUOTE]

+1, and I think it was to be rebroadcast either last night or tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Morgan White Jr will be covering nights for about 5 shifts during the first and second week of March. 

Bradley Jay will be on vacation; he is taking a trip to Morocco.

BTW:   WCVB’s Susan Wornick signing off

http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/the_inside_track/2014/02/wcvb_s_susan_wornick_signing_off

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Susan Wornick departed as a class act.  Reminiscent of Bill Cosby's last show, when he and Felicia Rashad danced off the sound stage into the embrace of their real families and production crew, she gave her swansong, stood up, and walked over to hers.  Sounds as though she'll be on the circuit for a while.  Wonder if that will include being a talking head on the local panels.  She'd be a hot ticket, getting to be even more herself, in that capacity.  Paging Emily Rooney.

Morocco: Bucket list.  It will be fascinating to listen to Bradley Jay's stories.

Again, there's no substitute for Morgan White.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Chronicle devoted an episode to Susan Wornick last week, unfortunately I dozed off during one of the lengthy commercials.  It is worth keeping an eye open for the rebroadcast, or try to view it online.  Bob Lobel was there, so nice that they can be friends now :)  The seventies were a crazy time!   http://www.wcvb.com/chronicle/wednesday-february-26-susan-wornick/24608220

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Indeed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Dean Johnson this morning, saying, "Bradley Jay is just taking a couple of days to recharge ... A couple of us will be sitting in for him".  No mention of Morocco, bare mention that others will be covering, and no mention of Morgan White specifically.  Perhaps it's because of Morgan White's Monday night gig at Jacob Wirth's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Dean mentioned Morocco in jest when he said to Joe Mathieu "We better start taking up a collection for his bail"!   I'm pretty sure Bradley said Morgan would be on 3 nights this week and 2 or 3 next week?  We will probably hear him tonight.

Interesting topics last night, although I only heard bits and pieces.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Marshall Hook?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I think Dean Johnson mentioned he wasn't going to be on this past Sunday, but he also said that otherwise he will be covering Sundays 10p-12a, until he hears differently from the powers that be.

Ps: I wonder what happened to Todd Feinberg?  They don't seem to be using him as a fill in anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Part of the reason could be that, as you've pointed out upthread, now that the schedule is filled in, and thanks to Bradley Jay's (and Jordan Rich's) stable - excuse me, good - attendance record, there's a lot less need for substitution, including the knock-on effect of Morgan White seldom leaving his slot open to cover for Bradley Jay or Jordan Rich.  In fact, on Morgan White's first morning of this stint, he was marveling at how long it's been since he's seen Kerry Connolly and Joe Mathieu -- more than two months.  

...All good things, IMO, that have followed the departure of Bradley Jay's "predecessor".  ...Sorry.  Couldn't help it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Oh - meant to ask again - is Marshall Hook a familiar personality?  Googling him, he's "in programming" and apparently familiar behind the scenes in broadcast circles.  Is this his on-air debut, or has he been around on-air, too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

He's been around a while.  But I don't remember hearing him on WBZ before, so maybe this is a new gig for him.    

Marshall Hook       Marshall Hook       

A man of many jobs: assignment editor at @7News, headlines guy at @985TheSportsHub, blogger at thefourfather.com, pathetic wiffle ball player, and a 52-handicap

Ps:  Looking forward to hearing about Bradley's Moroccan adventure.  I am afraid to fly, so I get to live vicariously through him when he takes these trips! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thank you.  And when is Bradley Jay due back?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

They said "later this week" so any night now Bradley will return!  I have been sleeping better, so I miss a lot of the conversations :(

I wish Dan Rea would trade places with Bradley, sometimes Dan gets so revved up about things and I hate it when he's abrupt with callers that don't agree with him.

Ever notice how he interrupts people and asks unrelated questions to change the subject,lol.

That being said, I still like Dan and enjoy his show very much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thanks again.

And yes, the goalposts constantly move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Dean Johnson overnight Wednesday-Thursday, and Bradley Jay's back Thursday-Friday.  Morgan White says he's substituted for Bradley Jay six nights, now.  And he's had the Saturday night 10-12 show for five months.  Time flies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dean Johnson overnight Wednesday-Thursday, and Bradley Jay's back Thursday-Friday.  Morgan White says he's substituted for Bradley Jay six nights, now.  And he's had the Saturday night 10-12 show for five months.  Time flies.

[/QUOTE]

Instead, it's Old Reliable, Morgan White, again on short-notice with a coterie of guests.