1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

I want to be sure to say that I think they all work very hard, both when they're getting calls and when they're not, including Jen Brien.  I once told Steve LeVielle that I thought he was the hardest working journalist.  Other journalists work on a story, but the night talk show people have to work on anyone's story as they field "everything under the sun".  (OK, bad expression for this.  ...Moon?)  Many talk show hosts seem to use callers as ornaments for themselves, the way they shout many down.  But Steve didn't do that, and our current overnight crop don't either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/25/jen-brien-named-overnight-host-on-wbz-newsradio-1030/

Yikes!   Check out the comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Well, both Bradley Jay and Morgan White were back filling in this last week.  What gentlemen.  They've either swallowed their pride, or they're sage and can see past this.  Pray that they aren't just being played.

There was a most peculiar and awkward interaction between Joe Mathieu and her during their chit chat moment this week.  He finally just left.  Wonder how long that's going to last.

RockinRobin39, thank you for the link.  So it's not just me.  Yikes indeed.  The only two things I would add now are that the calls are really dropping off, and this:

What's next?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, I caught that interaction between Jen and Joe, he seemed upset.  I think that Kerry is trying to distance herself too.

In a way, I kind of feel bad for Jen, it's probably a plan to go to syndication, and she got caught in the middle.  She is trying, if I was her friend, I would advise her to see if she could negotiate going back to 2 or 3 nights...try to salvage this gig.

Morgan has NO scheduled time, he's just on standby.  Bradley has 10p-12a every Sunday, that's it, plus standby, of course.

It will be interesting to see how the whole thing plays out.

Is it just me, or is Dan Rea getting more abrasive?  I would never call him up, I'd be afraid he'd take my head off!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I sensed that Kerry is trying to distance herself.  And I agree about Dan Rea.  One theme in WBZ's own thread is that many are dissatisfied with Jen Brien's conservatism coming out.  Well, just looking at WBZ's radio/TV editorialists - epecially Dan Rea and Jon Keller - if people want WBZ not to be conservative, they're barking up the wrong tree.

http://www.garylapierre.blogspot.com/

I remember what the awkward tiff was about.  She already had momentum with, "How can all 18-25 year old women still support Weiner?"  (I may be slightly off re the ages.)  Joe Matthew said that the poll didn't say, "...all 18-25 year old women..."  And he said that people have to judge polls for themselves, how carefully they are done, that there are different levels of poll credibility, and that one shouldn't extrapolate.  She wasn't having it because it didn't conform to her point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

JoeMatheu420x316-gradient Joe Mathieu   420x316-grad-connolly Kerry Connolly

ETA: Joe M did not drop by to visit Jen this morning, 8/5

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

No Jen Brien - Joe Mathieu chit chat this morning, and he is at the mike now.

But it was like old home week with Kerry Connolly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

And what was with the show last night?  What a downer.

PS: I have a dental appointment today, I was hoping for something a little more entertaining! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Really.  

I'm going to plow through the rest of WBZ's thread about her now.  Couldn't take any more after about two thirds.  I am a little surprised that none of that gets on to her show.  I'm sure Mr. Lovallo screens suchlike, but someone could bring it up after their first point that gets a foot in the door.  Well, I'm not going to.  I don't think it's necessary.

Two dental appointments in one day?  (You set that one up.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"Two dental appointments in one day?  (You set that one up.)"

No, just one!  Sorry, if this is a joke I don't get it :)

BTW: Jen did mention Joe might be stopping by...then the awkward no show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: I get it!  I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning Smile 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

"Two dental appointments in one day?  (You set that one up.)"

No, just one!  Sorry, if this is a joke I don't get it :)

BTW: Jen did mention Joe might be stopping by...then the awkward no show.

I meant that listening to the downer show was like having a tooth drilled - hence, the first dental appointment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Listen to who's on now, unannounced ... Morgan White.  And he's even got a guest.

1)  Again: What.A.Gentleman.

2)  Again: In the bigger picture, I hope he's not being played.

3)  Joe Mathieu blew off Jenn Brien this (OK, it was Monday) morning - any connection?

BTW, there was just now a commercial by ... wait for it ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Steve LeVielle ... who is leading a sea cruise.  Following in Gary LaPierre's footsteps.  Well, figuratively.

I don't for a moment think he's coming back, but it is wonderful that the bridge between WBZ and him is not completely and forever burned, whatever the reason it washed out (mixing metaphors).

And, not least, that Steve LeVielle is well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"My name is Morgan,I'm here because Jen is off tonight." 

Morgan to guest JJ Wright: "I want to to thank you for coming in tonight on very,very short notice."

Morgan to JJ W: "I have no idea when I'll be on again, because I only fill in, but I assume it will be sometime between now and November, so I want to book you now."   My quotes may not be exact but they are close.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The benefit of the doubt:  She called in so she can attend the funeral of her friend Peggy?  But there's been no mention of that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I forgot about Peggy, that could be it.   The woman had a good life and went quickly at age 96.

Morgan keeps saying  "The lines are all free now, call in."  I missed the Steve L commercial.

I'm going to turn in now...to be continued.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

But, on very, very short notice to him and to his guests, he has a new guest each hour, and he/they do get calls.  Actually, he may have had his guests lined up just in case.  But if so, hats off to him on more than one level.  And if so, WBZ is missing this - what's known in business, and has a dollar value - "Good Will".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

She's back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm waiting to see if Joe M shows up...

I'm listening to one of her trucker fans now.

No Joe, just more funeral talk.

Joe's at the mike doing the news, 5am

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Oh, I forgot to mention, Dan Rea is off for the next 3 evenings and Todd Feinburg will be covering. Laughing

BTW: Thanks for the Gary LaPierre link.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

. . .the beat goes on. . .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

...and on and on...

New messages every day at the WBZ site.

PS: Jordan took a couple of days off, Morgan is covering, he'll be on again tonight with guests.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Yes, and caller after caller first said, "It's so nice to hear you!"  And Morgan White had Mel Simons for the first couple of hours Saturday night.  Again, he and Morgan White's other guests were with as short a notice as Morgan White's.  Could there be a message of support there?

Speaking of messages, Bradley Jay sat in for Jen Brien this last (Sun.-Mon.) overnight.  I awoke to Tom Mathieu and him chit chatting away at the ~ 4:50 am transition, Tom Mathieu not leaving for his own desk until ~ 4:59:45.  The chit chat never occurred last week, and there was never a mention of it.  Could there be a message in the contrast?

BTW, did I hear Bradley Jay say that he stayed on from his regular stint last night - so seven hours straight?  Thought I heard that.  I got the animated chit chat while I was coming to, but not sure exactly what they were saying.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley J did his 2 hour show last night 10p-12a, then said he'd stay till Jen arrived, after a while he just said he was in for Jen.

Bradley J did 7 hours .

Friendly chit-chat between Bradley and Joe was nice, for a change.

PS: Bradley said he can't wait to get home and have a beer!

Sections
Shortcuts