WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

Speaking of Bradley Jay, he could start to acquire the the title of "war horse".  I didn't hear it, but he got some major props for his handling of the overnight show - the only local talk show - on our awfullest night of April 19.

Does WBZ realize what they've got in these two?  Here as a question, because, even if they do, they might not admit it because of larger (looming) intentions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I remember that (April 15).    Bradley never complains either

BTW: I heard Steve L's commercial :)

I told you, catastrophic events or major snowstorms, you can bet money that either Morgan or Bradley will be on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I didn't care for him before.  He didn't exactly complain, but it grated on me when he'd say, at 4:55, "Hey, can I get outta here early? I can catch the 5:00 bus."  Maybe it's because I used to get slapped around by my pa and ma when I didn't appreciate a privilege.  

But he's kind of grown on me.  When he talked about his recent train trip from New Orleans out west, his takes were a lot like what mine would be.  When he talks about trying to get back into shape and eating healthy, it, um, resonates almost exactly...  And I like how he leads the topics of conversation explicitly saying and sounding like he's not completely sure of himself.

When I said April 19, I was thinking of the night of Officer Collier's murder and the Watertown shootout.  Probably ought not to have said "awfullest" because it wasn't for many people ... aside from being bad English.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

I told you, catastrophic events or major snowstorms, you can bet money that either Morgan or Bradley will be on.

I would put money on that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's funny because Morgan was never one of my favorites, but I have grown fond of him,

I can relate to Bradley and his everyday problems and concerns, but he's also intelligent, and that comes through.

ETA: Yeah, that whole week in April was a nightmare, Bradley was on that night, April 19. and he was careful not to report inaccurate information. He stayed calm, a soothing voice in the night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Are you talking about maturity?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maybe that's it.

Remember when Bradley decided to give up beer for a month?  He was miserable and put on a little weight.   That was funny :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

So..... Now we know why Jordan Rich was not in on Friday and Saturday nights: His wife Wendy passed early Sunday morning after a long battle with cancer.  She was a mother and a teacher of special needs children.  While many already know, Dan Rea just reported about her passing and her funeral today.  Condolences to Jordan Rich, who is such a giving person, and who has never mentioned the struggle, even as he's empathized with innumerable others' struggles. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

"Oh, and I just want to thank Bradley for sitting in, and that's that."  That was that.  

"Not going to talk about Whitey Bulger ... ... I promise we'll talk about Whitey Bulger."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

PS: Poor Jordan Rich, he never said a peep about his wifes illness, just positive things about her and their children.  His daughter is planning a wedding,  sad that her mother won't be there.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=wendy-rich-levine&pid=166388815&fhid=5587#fbLoggedOut

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

What was this last night?  A giant AA meeting.  Just what I needed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

You mean she shifted from death?  I missed the show.

And re Joe Mathieu, is that from WBZ's blog?  Haven't looked at it in a few days.  It's surprising that WBZ hasn't taken it down, or capped it.  ...Hmm.

I wonder if she has the clout to turn it into martyrdom if this doesn't work out.  It may turn out to be a delicate hand for WBZ to play if their grand strategy is to drive the time slot to syndication.  But then, Joe Mathieu dropping her like a hot potato would poke a hole in any case that she was the victim of a smear campaign.

Where I'm coming from is that Steve LeVielle had clout, whether or not he deliberately exercised it, and a groundswell developed after management ousted him.  (Not news, but the following may be, as it was to me.)  It warmed my heart when I heard recently that it was actually Generosa (sp?) - "Friday Friidaaay!" - who led the groundswell.  God bless her.  If there are fresh flowers on her grave annually on a certain anniversary, one guess as to who's responsible.

Sorry (sort of) for the tangent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

There a lot of us that don't sleep well, or for whatever reason are up at night.

This show can be something to look forward to, but it's important to have the right host or hosts.

Re Joe, he just doesn't check in with her anymore, and she doesn't mention him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I hope Jordan Rich doesn't come in this weekend, though I'm sure his dedication will prevail.  Then again, the medicine his callers bring could be good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

ETA: Morgan was on last night and will be on again tonight, plus next week with Jordan on Saturday, I think.

A caller asked if he could talk about the other radio hosts? Morgan said, No, don't get me in trouble, and changed the subject.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The WBZ site continues to receive complaints.

ETA: Morgan was on last night and will be on again tonight, plus next week with Jordan on Saturday, I think.

A caller asked if he coud talk about the other radio hosts? Morgan said, No, don't get me in trouble, and changed the subject.

Yes.  Good for Jordan Rich and Morgan White.  And Morgan White again had guests in tow. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

A caller asked if he coud talk about the other radio hosts? Morgan said, No, don't get me in trouble, and changed the subject.

Missed that.  Wow.  How to say everything without saying a thing.

It really seems that the weeknights are getting to be "potluck", not by WBZ's choice this time.  Or, come to think of it, maybe it goes back to their choice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Joe M is on vacation, Deb Lawler stopped by.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In a word...

...childish...

I don't do Facebook, but tried to access it through a side door via Google, which sometimes works for a single page.  No go, but did find this:

http://findcomment.com/?feed=cbsboston&id=1212

Not sure if it's redundant, or if the site is an amalgam of various sources.  If so, wonder how many ears WBZ needs to hear it through.  What I think is striking is that the perceptions are the same over there as here (I only participate here!) though from many more voices.  What I think is missing there is that no one is suggesting the broader view that it all might be feeding right into a WBZ plan to go to syndication.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

. . .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Dunning and Kruger effect, re: Jen, from the WBZ site.  I learned something new :)

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect?o=2800&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com

Jordan Rich was back last night, poor guy, you could hear the sadness in his voice.

Morgan was on with him for about an hour, his voice must have been soothing, cause I slept through that part.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I thought Jordan Rich's talk over the first hour + on Friday night was a tour de force.  That's what I intended by ". . ."  There weren't words, IMO.

Morgan White again showed what a prince he is, having Jordan Rich's back the whole way, "casually" drifting in and out while Jordan Rich was talking in the first hour, and then picking up one rein for the latter part of the show, as planned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Meanwhile, back at the pasture...

"Sometimes I get frustrated when I can't communicate as well as I want to.  Like last week.  And then it brings out the stupidity out there.  Maybe it's my fault.  ...OK, let's try again.  John, you're on the air..."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit