1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

I wonder if I count as a listener.  I now tune in at 12, listen to the news, and then quickly turn it off if I hear her voice.  (One never knows.  It could be Morgan White or Bradley Jay.)  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palinforpresnot. Show palinforpresnot's posts

I’ve been listening to Jen Brien when I get up for work in the early AM for the weather forecast.  I've been trying to figure out her politics by how she comments to people. 

This morning I finally found out what she is by a comment she made about John Kerry.  She called him a peacenik.  At that point I knew she was a warmonger, a Republican. 

Then I found out when I looked her up on the internet that she was a radio talk show host on WRKO, Boston’s premier hate radio station.   Further, I listen to a short recorded session from 2010 and I found out she’s a Tea Bagger, a complete nut job.

Well, I won’t be listening to WBZ anymore.  I’ll look up the weather on my smart phone rather than hear it on the dumb station.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

She must have gotten a good review at the meeting with her boss that she told us they had.  Must feel secure enough to spend the show tonight soliciting a place to live in or near Boston, so she can be close to the job.  Of course, guys are welcoming her, and the grandmothers are mothering her with advice about it.  But no female roommates looking for roommates, so far.  

Aside: She never mentions female friends, come to think of it.  Actually, never mentions friends at all, even in general, so to speak.

ETA:  2:10 - "When the boss offered me the job, he asked me if I'd be willing to move up from the Cape, and I said yes."  So, she must have been told, or feels, that she's passed probation.  And maybe got a little carrot and stick re moving.  "So ... What are you going to do with this ... When are you moving?"

[I know, I said above that I briefly check to see who's on, and then click away. But...]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

ETA: She thinks she can find something nice for what she's paying now ($1100) closer to Boston, ha, ha, ha. 

Strange callers tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Right, won't touch anything close to $2,000.  Good luck.  Though the men are offering her a place for free.

I've been toggling between WROR and WCRB, and her.  Did Kerry Connolly stop in?  Earlier, she raved about their friendship.  ...Though Kerry keeps saying she will visit her when she's on the Cape, but hasn't and won't say when.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Right, won't touch anything close to $2,000.  Good luck.  Though the men are offering her a place for free.

I've been toggling between WROR and WCRB, and her.  Did Kerry Connolly stop in?  Earlier, she raved about their friendship.  ...Though Kerry keeps saying she will visit her when she's on the Cape, but hasn't and won't say when.

I assumed Kerry was just being polite.   As in: "Call me, we'll do lunch sometime."

Regarding those roomate offers from the men....nothing is ever really for freeWink Is it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Kerry is on vacation, Jen misses her and plans to tell her tons of stuff when she returns next week.

A lot of the callers were pointing her to Newton to rent a house, but she says I don't want to pay a lot, try $2500-$4000 Jen, for a very simple small one, no pets allowed.

Quincy???  Concord???  Hingham???   I don't think the people who suggested these places get out much :)   Quincy for a woman alone, I don't think so.  The other spots $$$

I'm surprised they didn't recommend Lynn, on the ocean, train service, a lovely city.  <sarcastic>

Then she was talking about money troubles, her debit card was lost, then it wasn't.

Something is wrong.

I'll have to try those other stations you mentioned, I'm up a lot at night trying to keep an old dog comfortable (hospice).   I want to relax, not get worked up over someone elses problems.

Oldies and classical.  Hopefully they work vs. fingernails on the blackboard, and much more important things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yay, Bradley Jay is on, covering for Dan Rea!  It figures, it's a holiday weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Yay, Bradley Jay is on, covering for Dan Rea!  It figures, it's a holiday weekend.

Agree.

And Jordan Rich is back being a trooper.  Seems he works at not letting his wife's passing paint his whole show.  (The irony.)  Tipped his hat to Morgan White.  He said he took his son to college and then broke down (not on the show).  Really rough for his family, including his wife, knowing she would miss these big rites of passage.

Dan Rea said Thursday he was going to a Red Sox game Friday night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Today is a holiday, so, maybe Bradley or Morgan will be on for Dan :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Jen if you are reading this, please call a local rescue group or no kill animal shelter, there are many of them in Mass and they will make sure that the 2 yr old Goldendoodle(?) is placed in a good home.

Coincidentally...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/09/07/kill-animal-shelters-more-popular-now-across-massachusetts-and-the-country/4JtCQGQx0JvyV7ntZXsDDL/story.html

By the way, Morgan White will stand in for Jordan Rich to observe Yom Kippur this coming Friday-Saturday overnight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks for the info.

I look forward to Bradley Jay tonight at 10p.  Have you been over to the WBZ site, it's still going strong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thanks for the info.

I look forward to Bradley Jay tonight at 10p.  Have you been over to the WBZ site, it's still going strong.

Yes.  But, again, only as a watcher!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I guess she has some fans.   I just don't understand why they had to give her 5 nights.

It would have been nice if they divided up the time between Morgan and Bradley and Jen.

It must be a tough gig, I don't envy anyone who takes it on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Funny, the reason I came back here now is to say I'm in about the same place.  Would add that a regular schedule would be good if they were to do it again.  But I think we're outa luck.  In her view, at least, she's all-in with the move up to Boston. (Plus she's giving up her dogs.)  No way could she afford it if it were a part-time gig.  And could Casey/Chris, whatever his name is, let that happen if their real plan is to move on?  That would be the worst form of Machiavellian.  

I wonder if she would ever cry uncle.  When it's the 4-5 am witching hour, or anytime she's run out her string, no calls, and she's tweaking with either a rant or stream of consciousness, that alternative must seem inviting. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Jay Talking Radio Show – Host Bradley Jay – Call 617 254 1030 – Every Sunday Night At Ten.

Are you “normal” when it comes to social media usage?

My initial thought was to ask Boston pedestrians if they were addicted to Facebook or Twitter, but many addicts are unaware, or in denial, of their addiction. So rather than get bogged down by objectivity, I decided to ask a question with a quantifiable answer. The question is ‘how much time do you spend staring down the infinite corridor of social media?’

SEE THE VIDEO

I must admit that even I, a person critical of immersion in social media at the expense of all else, find myself drawn to it like a lab mouse to, well, mouse food. On a bus trip from Boston to Concord, NH, I didn’t look away from my iPhone till the battery died, and even then, I reflexively reached for the phone every five minutes, though my conscious mind clearly knew the phone was very dead. I am starting to realize that I am a bit out of control, but at least I realize it. Many don’t.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Nice pickup.  

In my opinion, he focuses the question down too narrowly.  I won't do facebook or twitter, but I still do a lot of - too much - time social networking online.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

EDIT:  Removed too much OT digression.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't do twitter or facebook either, but I do have sites I check every day, and I read the news online.

I have friends I've lost touch with, because they communicate primarily via facebook.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

ETA: 9/20 Interesting show last night,  some angry callers this morning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Tonight on Dan Rea 8p-12a Rundown for September 20, 2013

Hear From The Candidates!  Tune into NightSide tonight to hear from most of the candidates running to be the next mayor of Boston!  Dan will sit down with a number of the candidates to talk about what they stand for and why they each feel they are the right person for the job.  Do you already know who you will vote for?  Are there specific issues that are more important to you in this race?  Have a question you’d like to hear the candidates answer?  Call in and join the conversation!

The Psychic Lawyer Is Back!  Mark Anthony was a huge hit the last time he joined NightSide.  Tonight, Anthony is back and in studio to talk with Dan and to do some readings for you!  Mark’s specialty as a medium is communicating with spirits, so if you’ve ever wanted to get a message to the other side, tonight is your chance!  Tune in to hear him explain how he does his readings, then call in and be a part of the show!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley Jay was in for Jen Brien last night.  10p-5a