WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

No, I just copied the subject matter listed for Bradley's show.

I don't pay a lot of attention to the news, it's too scary.

Plus I can always get Dan Rea's version of it later Undecided

Looks like Bradley might get a whole week!

Too soon to speculate on what they have planned for the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Plus I can always get Dan Rea's version of it later Undecided

Laughing

And until WBZ has a plan, alternating between Bradley Jay and Morgan White, with each having five nights in a row, is farrr gentler on them than alternating every other night.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Don't know if you caught this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUl8Yke9yEc

Steve handing over the torch to Jen.   Steve looks so happy!  It makes me want to move to Maine, someday :)

Also, here is The Bring Back Jen Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bringbackjenbrienshow?hc_location=stream

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

This thread disappeared starting between 3am and 4am in the fiasco that began overnight Thursday-Friday, and through the day yesterday.  It's a relief that it's back.  Thought some rule had been broken.  I always first think it's me, or at my end.  BTW, RockinRobin39, where your screen name should be as OP for this thread is now blank here...

A long thread about suchlike is now developing over on the Politics board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The boards are all messed up, I posted that imposter article in the Pet forum and it ended up here?

Bradley didn't know as of yesterday when he was working again.

Jordan will be on tonight, I'm a little jealous of that caller Glen, he's a regular and always welcomed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

PS: If you don't know already, the edit button doesn't work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley is on a roll!  Todd did the 10p-12a show for him.   So Bradley was on last night.

He even cleaned up, had a new plaid shirt on, and a jacket, Kerry complimented him on how nice he looked.  He told Kerry "I'll see you tomorrow."

Now I hope WBZ doesn't bring in a newbie and insult Bradley and Morgan again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

It's just a small thing.  Kerry Connolly and Joe Mathieu come in five minutes earlier than they did with Jen Brien.

I thought I heard Bradley Jay say he'd be coming in all this week, but maybe not.  Maybe he came in second in the prior competition, so he's in first position now.  I hope they're not back in tryouts.  This "potluck" can't be good for anyone, especially if it means less than a week at a time.  Maybe Morgan White was being straight when he said he could be of more use to WBZ if he were to continue as stand-by, available to cover with little or no notice.  If so, I suggest that WBZ will be blessed for as long as this is the package.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Enjoyed the Kerry Connolly and Bradley Jay interchange this morning.  In recent days, I've thought he's kind of grilled Kerry and Tom Mathieu with some rather agressive - though playful - "interviewing" about themselves.  I thought they might take umbrage, so to speak.  Maybe he just caught them off guard, so it seemed that the interchanges were unbalanced.  Well, Kerry can give as good as she gets, and she was particularly good, this morning.  Bravo, Kerry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Joe Mathieu

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Kerry had him talking about his clothing choices and his different personalities...people are vulnerable between 3a-5a Laughing

Bradley is definitely putting his best foot forward, I bet it will be Morgan's turn next week

I hope WBZ isn't going to have them compete against each other.

Geez, just divide it up already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

"...Thank you Mark Lovalo.  It's been a great week.  I'll talk with you Sunday night, Monday morning."

Maybe it's a hint.  Maybe the first we'll know about this becoming permanent, if it's going to be, will be (some) Sunday night at 10pm, when we hear whether they still call the 10-12 show "Jay Talking".  ...If we're still reading tea leaves because Peter Casey's m.o. seems to be to back into the next chapter.

Awkward and amateur.  But good if it leads to Bradley Jay getting the gig.  But for the time being, it leaves the syndication possibility out there. 

And the option to cave in to Anthony King, the guy who's leading the charge to bring Jen Brien back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

To the last point, until this is put to rest, Anthony King and friends on the Cape will have the initiative, because as time passes, they'll continue to care a lot more than people who are just relieved that she's gone.  Mr. King was proclaiming that they'd tipped the scale at more than 1,000 likes on his Facebook page -- up until a couple of weeks ago.  In the last two weeks, it's been about 65 more.  But he's still at it, updating the page with a picture of a beach fire (to keep burning), a CD - "The Sun Still Shines Above the Storm" - and more selfies by Jen Brien.

Peter Casey, where are you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Go Bradley Go!  Maybe he won't have to shop in the marked down section at the market for his food anymoreSmile   Unless he wants to, of course.

PS: The edit button is working.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I think WBZ should give the Sunday 10p-12a slot to Todd Feinburg, I always learn something new when I listen to him.   He's not a bad looking guy either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1Iy63rxMM

PS: I assume this is the same Todd Feinburg that subs for WBZ.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Amazing, isn't it?  I guess some people REALLY relate/identify with her.

You would think she would want to put and end to this and move on, find another gig she's better suited for, and do well.

After all: "Success is the best revenge."

Go Bradley Go!  Maybe he won't have to shop in the marked down section at the market for his food anymoreSmile   Unless he wants to, of course.

PS: The edit button is working.

Funny re Bradley Jay.

And some on Anthony King's Facebook page are saying they hope she turns up on SOME station.

Regarding the return of Edit: [Insert thumb up icon, if there were one, here.]  Guess BDC is rebuilding the forum piece by piece - again.  There are still no OP's names on the thread lists for threads started since about a week ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

1:26am  Bradley Jay:  "This is my eleventh straight show, and you know what?  I'm getting to like this more and more.  I look forward to coming in to work."

What is Peter Casey telling him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yup, Bradley is bright eyed and bushy tailed, he's really into it!

He's struggling to get callers right now though (4-5)

I'd call in to help him, but I can't think of anything to say...

I enjoyed Todd Feinburg (10-12) too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

4am - the real witching hour.  Reminds me of the comedian who said that 4am is the best time for sneaking, because the only people you run into are sneaking, too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley is still going strong!  Caller says to Bradley:  So glad you have been on nights lately, you are a breath of fresh air, will you continue to be on more often?   Bradley:  "I have no idea."

But, he was very upbeat and in a good mood, very excited about the Red Sox.

I don't know much about sports, so I couldn't relate, but I was happy he was happy :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Hopefully he's not competing with a ghost.

Last night went quickly because he had a lot of callers.  By his chat with Joe Mathieu at the end, he was really up.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

This morning at sign off, Bradley Jay encouraged people to call Sunday night because it's empowering.   But it wasn't clear whether he meant Jay Talking (10-12) or overnight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I noted the same thing.....

That seems to be the trend now,  maybe to avoid having to provide employees with benefits, keep everyone per diem, on call, under 20 hours per week.

I wonder if Morgan is going to play along with this game, do 5-10-15 shifts in a row, see what the reviews are. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Could they just be backing into it -- at some point they just begin calling the 12-5 "Jay Talking"?  That would work.

I've thought of going to one of Morgan White's performances at Jacob Wirth's, and trying to get close to ask him what's going on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Me too, I love Jacob Wirth's!    I haven't been there in ages.

But, they don't have sawdust on the floor anymore, Board of Health regulations, something or other. 

I think Morgan is smart enough to keep his mouth shut,  he has NO scheduled time at present.   He is a cool dude!  I've heard he is very approachable during these gigs, he says that he likes to meet the callers, especially the regulars.

I don't understand why they don't divide the time up between them (Morgan and Bradley)?

It's a no-brainer, imo.