WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am

Morgan White, to cover for Bradley Jay on the graveyard shift, was in early for chit chat and trivia with Bradley Jay, who covered for Dan Rae.  He really is supportive, knowing that Bradley Jay was at the end of a split shift.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Morgan will be covering for Bradley next week,  Thursday and Friday (12a-5a).

And 2 nights the following week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Todd Feinberg covered for Dan last evening,  his wife was on as a guest, Rosalie Harrington, chef and former owner of Rosalie's in Marblehead.       It was good show  

http://www.northshoredish.com/tag/todd-feinberg/  (article from 3 yrs ago with pic)    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I must have missed the formal announcement, but, they are now calling the show "Jay Talking with Bradley Jay"

Bradley has arrived!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I must have missed the formal announcement, but, they are now calling the show "Jay Talking with Bradley Jay"

Bradley has arrived!

[/QUOTE]

D.I.T.T.O.

Right, when did the 12-5 officially became "Jay Talking with Bradley Jay"?  Top of the week?  I heard it the first time at a station break while Morgan White was filling in, and my first (unthinking) reaction was to check the clock.  

Well, then it's settled.  How long was Bradley Jay in full time tryouts?  A month?  Bravo, Bradley Jay.  And I sense that this is quite a comeback for him.

And biggest of all: WBZ Night Talk Radio 12am-5am is not going to syndication!  

Bravo, WBZ, after all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Losses and Wins

December 1, 2013 2:23 PM      http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/losses-and-wins/                                                        

(credit: Jordan Rich)   

Reporting Jordan Rich   

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston suffered deeply this year.  The Marathon event of 2013 will remain a part of our city’s history forever, the horror and unfairness of it all but more so the heroism, kindness and hope that followed.  Later as seasons changed, our beloved hometown team achieved the unlikely (C’mon it was considered impossible) task of winning the 2013 World Series.  By no means do I equate the impact of these two events.  The loss of lives, health, relationships and livelihoods obviously matters so much more.  But enjoying our Fenway Park comeback was not just for baseball purists to gloat over; it was a crucial reminder that despite some really dark days, happier times follow.  When it comes to the endless cycle of losses and wins in life, all of us are or will someday be seasoned veterans.  We don’t have much of a choice do we?

This has been a challenging year for my family.  We suffered our own pain with the passing of my bride, my life partner for over three decades.  Wendy Rich died August 11 from the effects of cancer, a disease she held at bay for many years.  Ultimately the effects wore her down.  But cancer never robbed her of her joie de vivre, her super nova love for family, friends, and her career as a teacher, her dignity, poise, humor and humility.  We suffered a great loss, but I will never grant cancer a claim in the win column.  Like so many, she was not the cancer and never let it rule her life.

So now I am experiencing the whirlwind of change that happens when one says goodbye too soon to a spouse.  Thankfully, the anger and bitterness that were present several months back are now no longer traveling companions.  Wendy taught me much about gratitude, about appreciating the things about people that matter most.  Still, it is the toughest transition I’ve ever had to make in my adult years.  If you don’t understand completely that’s ok.  Someday you likely will.  We all do.

Cycles…Losses and wins.  Like our beloved city, the Rich family recently celebrated our own world championship of sorts—the wedding of my precious daughter Lindsay to David, a terrific young man I am thrilled to welcome as a son.  The wedding, much of it planned before Wendy transitioned, was never in doubt.  She made me swear that the big day go on as planned and on time.  Her hope was to be healthy enough to attend.  Sadly, that did not happen.  During her sickest days when we all knew that time was in short supply, she remained confident that everything would work out and that the day would live up to expectations.  Her courage and optimism inspired us all.  To suggest that she was at the wedding ‘in spirit’ is an understatement of the first order.  She shared in every aspect of that day and every day for me.

I took on the task of helping my daughter and her fiancé make November 16, 2013 the day of their dreams.  And I must say we pulled it off!  It was fairy tale perfect from beginning to end.  This is one proud dad.

If I’ve learned anything during the last few years taking care of Wendy, it’s that despite our best efforts, no one can prevent the inevitable or escape the pain.  But we can always strive for more victories.  We can bolster the win column along if you will, by helping others and remembering that nothing ever defeats love, compassion or the will to cross the finish line.  For proof look no further than a year in which   “Boston Strong” became our mantra, when the Red Sox grew beards and celebrated in October on duck boats, and when Lindsay Rich was married at the storybook wedding of her dreams.

This Thanksgiving season, I’m thankful for those wins after losses.   And I pray that for all of us, there are many more wins to come.

https://www.facebook.com/jordanrichshow/photos_stream  (more wedding pics coming soon?)     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]

December 1, 2013 2:23 PM      http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/losses-and-wins/                                                        

Reporting Jordan Rich   

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston suffered deeply this year.  The Marathon event of 2013 will remain a part of our city’s history forever, the horror and unfairness of it all but more so the heroism, kindness and hope that followed.  Later as seasons changed, our beloved hometown team achieved the unlikely (C’mon it was considered impossible) task of winning the 2013 World Series.  By no means do I equate the impact of these two events.  The loss of lives, health, relationships and livelihoods obviously matters so much more.  But enjoying our Fenway Park comeback was not just for baseball purists to gloat over; it was a crucial reminder that despite some really dark days, happier times follow.  When it comes to the endless cycle of losses and wins in life, all of us are or will someday be seasoned veterans.  We don’t have much of a choice do we?

This has been a challenging year for my family.  We suffered our own pain with the passing of my bride, my life partner for over three decades.  Wendy Rich died August 11 from the effects of cancer, a disease she held at bay for many years.  Ultimately the effects wore her down.  But cancer never robbed her of her joie de vivre, her super nova love for family, friends, and her career as a teacher, her dignity, poise, humor and humility.  We suffered a great loss, but I will never grant cancer a claim in the win column.  Like so many, she was not the cancer and never let it rule her life.

So now I am experiencing the whirlwind of change that happens when one says goodbye too soon to a spouse.  Thankfully, the anger and bitterness that were present several months back are now no longer traveling companions.  Wendy taught me much about gratitude, about appreciating the things about people that matter most.  Still, it is the toughest transition I’ve ever had to make in my adult years.  If you don’t understand completely that’s ok.  Someday you likely will.  We all do.

^ 

Cycles…Losses and wins.  Like our beloved city, the Rich family recently celebrated our own world championship of sorts—the wedding of my precious daughter Lindsay to David, a terrific young man I am thrilled to welcome as a son.  The wedding, much of it planned before Wendy transitioned, was never in doubt.  She made me swear that the big day go on as planned and on time.  Her hope was to be healthy enough to attend.  Sadly, that did not happen.  During her sickest days when we all knew that time was in short supply, she remained confident that everything would work out and that the day would live up to expectations.  Her courage and optimism inspired us all.  To suggest that she was at the wedding ‘in spirit’ is an understatement of the first order.  She shared in every aspect of that day and every day for me.

I took on the task of helping my daughter and her fiancé make November 16, 2013 the day of their dreams.  And I must say we pulled it off!  It was fairy tale perfect from beginning to end.  This is one proud dad.

If I’ve learned anything during the last few years taking care of Wendy, it’s that despite our best efforts, no one can prevent the inevitable or escape the pain.  But we can always strive for more victories.  We can bolster the win column along if you will, by helping others and remembering that nothing ever defeats love, compassion or the will to cross the finish line.  For proof look no further than a year in which   “Boston Strong” became our mantra, when the Red Sox grew beards and celebrated in October on duck boats, and when Lindsay Rich was married at the storybook wedding of her dreams.

This Thanksgiving season, I’m thankful for those wins after losses.   And I pray that for all of us, there are many more wins to come.

https://www.facebook.com/jordanrichshow/photos_stream  (more wedding pics coming soon?)     

[/QUOTE]

. . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Morgan White is in for Bradley Jay tonight and tomorrow - with guests in tow - Joyce Kulhawik, for one.  All nice.

(As RockinRobin39 noted above.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

No one seems to be roiling the waters about the current set up from any direction -- not even from the Cape.  ...A stark contrast to the waters a couple of months ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, but I have also noticed that Bradley and Morgan are extra nice and polite to the callers lately.

Last night Dan Rea was at it again with the Obama picture stuff    http://nypost.com/2013/12/10/michelle-annoyed-by-obamas-selfie-at-mandela-memorial/               

Abrupt with callers that didn't think it was a big deal, and giving away free t-shirts (or scarfs) to first time callers that agreed with his point of view!  I could be wrong, but that is how I remember it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley Jay will be off on 12/20 Friday, because it's his birhday!   Morgan will be covering.

Of course Bradley won't reveal his age.  And I don't blame him ;)      

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Bradley worked extra-hard last night to reassure listeners, "I'm going to be taking some time off.  It's because I have vacation and comp time, and  it's use it or lose it time.  With all the craziness that's been going on around here, DON'T WORRY!"

Love it.  Morgan White probably will never say anything about "the craziness", but maybe Bradley is starting to feel his oats, and he's as itching to talk about it as we are to hear it.  But that was still probably pretty gutsy at this point.  Maybe someday.

I am still surprised that it hasn't come up in Emily Rooney's "Beat the Press" or Margery Egan's and Jim Broudy's "Boston Public Radio".  Even if it was a tempest in a teapot by media standards, much more has been made of much less.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Correction:  Today is Bradley Jay's birthday 12/18,   not 12/20 as noted in a previous post.

Happy Birthday Image                                                                      BRADLEY JAY!                               

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley Jay is covering for Dan Rea, Xmas Eve, 8p-12a.  I thought he had said something about live entertainment?  But he hasn't mentioned it again, maybe I was half asleep and heard wrong.

I see he graduated from UNH 1979,  that would make him 50 something...just a kid!

http://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2013/02/reinventing-himself

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]

Bradley Jay is covering for Dan Rea, Xmas Eve, 8p-12a.  I thought he had said something about live entertainment?  But he hasn't mentioned it again, maybe I was half asleep and heard wrong.

I see he graduated from UNH 1979,  that would make him 50 something...just a kid!

http://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2013/02/reinventing-himself

[/QUOTE]

:-D

**Merry Christmas**

[See the Politics forum where everyone is making nice, for a change ... well, it's a change for some ... and it's almost everybody ...]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I got it mixed up, Todd is on this evening and Bradley will be on at 12a, I think.

Then Bradley is doing 9-10 hours on Xmas, cause he's covering for Dan Rea, plus his own shift.

The interaction between Kerry and him was so cute this morning.  She got Bradley a pair of quality heavy duty hiking socks as a Xmas/birthday/new gig present.  He was all excited, like a little kid on Xmas morning!

Ps: Happy Holidays!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I got it mixed up, Todd is on this evening and Bradley will be on at 12a, I think.

Then Bradley is doing 9-10 hours on Xmas, cause he's covering for Dan Rea, plus his own shift.

The interaction between Kerry and him was so cute this morning.  She got Bradley a pair of quality heavy duty hiking socks as a Xmas/birthday/new gig present.  He was all excited, like a little kid on Xmas morning!

Ps: Happy Holidays!  

Meant to comment about this but forgot.  Yes it was.  She called it the "trifecta": Birthday, Christmas and new gig.  And Joe Mathieu was particularly chummy.  Kerry and Joe really do like Bradley Jay.  

And Bradley has gotten uber-friendly on his show, spending a lot of time speculating about why people don't call and why they should.  And with callers, asking them to call back next week (even when he cuts them off - especially when he cuts them off).  Worthy of the term "campaign".  Wonder if he's been given specific metrics to achieve in a certain amount of time.

I think he tries different tactics, sometimes getting as arch as Dan Rae, sometimes being solicitous, to see what works.  Sometimes, in the dead zone, he just throws in the towel and just talks.  But he'll break in in the middle of any thought to take a call.  All this and the double and split shifts, he seems to be trying extra hard to build an audience.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

He admitted that the shift is a grind, and ruminated out loud about the best way to take time off? One day a week,  or a week long travel vacation here and there?

Bradley says that someday he will probably get a call telling him he's done...so maybe he should wait and do his travelling then!

I hope he doesn't continue to voice these negative thoughts.  Better to have a "Everything is wonderful in the neighborhood" attitude, as far as the workplace is concerned (imo)

He must have been tired, for the most part he is very upbeat.  I think he's perfect for the gig.   I'm happy for him :)

Just has to pace himself so he doesn't get burnt. 

Eta: Turns out Morgan did the night shift and will be back to cover tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

+1

May be one of the best (inciteful, spot on) comments in this thread, IMO.

And good ol' Morgan White.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Firewind

I have changed my screen name (Robin)

Just thought I should let you and anyone else that is interested know.

Btw:  HAPPY NEW YEAR!         2014 Happy New Year Balloons Stock Photo Stock Image Clipart Vector ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RememberTheAndrea. Show RememberTheAndrea's posts

Anyone listen to Jordan Rich?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to RememberTheAndrea's comment:

"Anyone listen to Jordan Rich?"

Of course!   He is a class act.    Is he your favorite?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

HNY (from the road)

BTW, Bradley Jay sounds different on the web.  I know, it's mostly because of the receiver.

@RemembertheAndrea: Yes.  I've grown to admire him in his annus horribilis. ^

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@Firewind,  I know what you mean, sometimes I listen to WBZ via the computer in the morning.   

What do you think is the best radio for AM reception?  I have a Grundig that's pretty good, except for occasional static.    Maybe a trip to Radio Shack is in my future...

Eta: I noticed lately that Bradley has stopped encouraging people to join his Facebook page. I'm glad.  I actually attempted to sign up once or twice but found the process to be too CREEPY!  I just can't do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RememberTheAndrea. Show RememberTheAndrea's posts

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RememberTheAndrea's comment:

"Anyone listen to Jordan Rich?"

Of course!   He is a class act.    Is he your favorite?

[/QUOTE]

Yes!Smile