Weather causing a slow commute?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Weather causing a slow commute?

Did the slick roads and snowy weather slow your commute this afternoon? Share your story below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgeman. Show cambridgeman's posts

Re: Weather causing a slow commute?

i usually leave work at 5 and home at 5:25 tonight I was home at 6:10 same roads but ice and snow was left untreated so it took a lot longer! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fifty8th. Show fifty8th's posts

I slid all over the place even with new tires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from akmom. Show akmom's posts

It took me an hour to get home from Cambridge -usually no more than a 30 minute drive.  It was a little slippery in spots, but nothing to write home about - I don't understand why people were so freaked out.  Visibility was completely fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drh042003. Show drh042003's posts

I normally leave work at 5:00 PM.  It's 7:50 PM and I haven't left yet because the roads are completely jammed.  This is ridciulous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

I took the commuter rail home! Same time home, as always! It was slippery walking to the train, but it was much less stressfull than driving the highways!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdamErc. Show AdamErc's posts

3 hours from Natick to Boston on Route 9. Should'a took the pike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrikbullen. Show derrikbullen's posts

Rt 9 was horrible! 20 minute commute took 2hrs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkforever. Show kkforever's posts

OMG. It took two hours......from Bunker Hill to Belmont.
    it was supposed to be in 30 min...
    I was like "Can I go home by today?"
    horrible..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lola2121. Show lola2121's posts

It was ridiculous! My commute from the north shore to Boston usually takes 25 min. It took me an hour and a half! Rt 1 south was a parking lot, but there was no snow sticking on the roads and didn't even seem slippery. What gives?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ERQuinones. Show ERQuinones's posts

I left Central Square Cambridge at 4:30 and arrived in West Gloucester -- 35 miles -- at 7:40. Three hours and ten minutes! There were no plows on 93, 95, or 128 until Manchester-by-the-Sea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPHILLIPS43. Show DPHILLIPS43's posts

I left Charlestown at 4:05 and arrived in Dedham at 6:00 PM.  I usually would have been home at 4:50.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from awall422. Show awall422's posts

In Response to Re: Weather causing a slow commute?:
    [QUOTE]I took the commuter rail home! Same time home, as always! It was slippery walking to the train, but it was much less stressfull than driving the highways!
    Posted by nesportsfan6013[/QUOTE]
    Ditto

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skiph56. Show skiph56's posts

My office manager told me the Pike was a mess. So I took Route 9 out of the City. BIG MISTAKE. Total gridlock.  Made it to the corner of the MFA museum after an hour.  No police anywhere to prevent gridlock except at Mass Ave and huntington.  I called the Boston Police and asked where the police or any city personel were to prevent gridlock and they said at accident scenes.  A Parking Clerk ran a red light with her van and she said she could not stop due to the icy road.  She never made an attempt but just ran a solid red light, about 2 seconds after it changed.  After an hour on Route 9, I was able to turn around and head to the Pike at Copley for a slow ride home, but I did get home an hour and a half later.

The Patriots receivers also block. But in the City, no City workers would stop to direct traffic to prevent grid lock.  I saw cops just sitting in their cars and not getting out to help move traffic.  They just do not get it.  Team work is just not in football, it is in life too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogasong44. Show yogasong44's posts

Yikes! 2 hours from Foxboro to Roslindale, tired of sitting in traffic so stopped for a cup of soup for an hour.  Home after my 3 hour commute.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arntzville. Show arntzville's posts

Where am I, in Atlanta? Why does everyone feel the need the gridlock the intersections just because there's 1/2" of snow?! Has everyone lost their freaking mind? Took me an hour and a half to get from Longwood to Hyde Park, not because the roads were slippery, but because everyone was acting like a GD moron.

I swear, it has gotten noticeably worse here in the last 3-4 years. Very much worse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from polpolk9. Show polpolk9's posts

people driving in a snow storm is a normal thing   Now what about ROBOTSdriving in a snow storm?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from polpolk9. Show polpolk9's posts

people should have taken the T   the stories here say they are "stupid"!  The public "T" is much safer & healthier .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concerned-ma-citizen. Show concerned-ma-citizen's posts

Was waiting for my partner to come home for dinner.  Partner called at 5pm and usually home (on a normal day) by 6pm.  Partner did not step into the door until 7:15pm!  Horrible!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from polpolk9. Show polpolk9's posts

People working here and are from commuting fro m out of stae  --mass. should charge them a fee!and they must display a sticker showing they paid the fee! say $300 a year. AND if they have 3 pseeding tickets it be revoked or pay a $500 fine plus the tickets!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from polpolk9. Show polpolk9's posts

In Response to Re: Weather causing a slow commute?:
    [QUOTE]Was waiting for my partner to come home for dinner.  Partner called at 5pm and usually home (on a normal day) by 6pm.  Partner did not step into the door until 7:15pm!  Horrible!
    Posted by concerned-ma-citizen[/QUOTE]
    whats a partner got to do with the commute

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thoughtfulman. Show thoughtfulman's posts

It took me from 5:10pm to 7:40pm to get the 3 miles over the BU Bridge from Cambridge through the Fenway and over to Boston Medical Center to pick-up the expressway. This happened last year. Hasn't anyone in government learned anything? Someone should be held accountable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redact. Show redact's posts

GRIDLOCK. Interesections almost constanly blocked by cars. Cars entering intersections when clearly no way to get through. Boston should be like New York City who give drivers points on their insurance plus fines.     

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from doke. Show doke's posts

What a bunch of cry babies! Wah, Wah, Wah.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MASH. Show MASH's posts

Took me 3 hours to go from Boston to Peabody on Route 1. The roads seemed fine, in some places not sticking at all. I don't understand why there was so much gridlock. This happens at least once a year. People need to learn how to drive in this weather, or stay off the roads and let those of us that have long commutes already get through!