What's the weather like in your area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1159153. Show user_1159153's posts

An ice storm coated western and central Massachusetts overnight and knocked out power to more than 100,000 customers, prompting Gov. Deval Patrick to declare a statewide state of emergency.

However, in the Boston area, it's just rain, rain, rain.

What's happening in your neck of the woods? And how was your commute this morning?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldDude3. Show OldDude3's posts

I'm sitting at my laptop drinking a cup of coffee and my dog is looking at me like, "What the hell are you doing here? Take me out!"

To the rest of you ants marching......how was your commute?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCDR328. Show LCDR328's posts

South Shore area--Balmy and windy the rain has stopped at the moment

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jess04. Show jess04's posts

In Hanover, windy and very wet, but near 60 degrees. Some downed trees. I'm in Boston now and it's low 30's and light rain. What a difference!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZootInNH. Show ZootInNH's posts

Commute from Londonderry, NH to Boxborough that usually takes around 50 minutes took an hour and 10 minutes, just rain, no freezing rain. Had to drive around numerous downed tree branches (incluing one in the right lane of 93 South just before NH Exit 1), but no other issues and actually made better time than I expected. Arrived at work to find that one of my company's buildings (not the one I work in) is without power and shut down for the day....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from manda125. Show manda125's posts

East Providence,Rhode Island. We're having a tropical storm here. Showers for the past couple of days. No ice storms thank God,just wind and rain. Weird how the weather is so different from just next door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

In Dracut there was power outages, some trees down but roads were fine for the most part. They were obviously wet and there was some minor flooding. Just a few blocks from Dracut into Lowell the power was on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmrourke. Show kmrourke's posts

Widespread power outage in Methuen, Large tree across the side road I live on. Landline phone just died and I don't expect power for a while. Drove into Woburn on an empty 93 southbound, fastest commute since the summer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2309110. Show user_2309110's posts

The governor needs a geography lesson. He syas that all state workers living or working in Worcester county or westward should not report. Northwestern Middlesex Cty is also affected by the ice, yet this are is not included?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyclone1962. Show cyclone1962's posts

Here in Malden the roads are flooded everywhere. The temp is about 35 degrees. Work in Boston, lots of rain - my feet are soaked - should have called in sick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter147. Show dexter147's posts

[Quote]I'm sitting at my laptop drinking a cup of coffee and my dog is looking at me like, "What the hell are you doing here? Take me out!"

To the rest of you ants marching......how was your commute?[/Quote]

Commute was no problem. Not really a problem driving in the rain to be quite honest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bceagle10. Show bceagle10's posts

In Andover, just off Rt 133 - street is blocked off and I have a line down in my driveway and the power line to my house is hanging on by a thread but I have power:) National Grid was unclear on when they could get out here (I was on hold for 45 minutes).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tefl0n. Show Tefl0n's posts

From Hudson to Waltham, no problems. Some minor road flooding but aside from no electricity in Hudson, not to bad. Waltham currently is cloudy, no rain and seems to be getting warmer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bernbabybern. Show bernbabybern's posts

Came from Cumberland, RI to work in Wellesley. Temp rose to 63 degrees around 7AM...traveled north and sharp drop off in temp at Neponset St (Exit 11 I-95 in Norwood). Went from 62 to 38 in the span of two miles before Rte 128.

Moderate stream flooding in RI with some branches down due to gusty southerly winds (Post Warm Frontal winds).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maxpower169. Show Maxpower169's posts

Marlborough: no power since 11 PM last night. Pine trees all around my house cracking and falling over. My yard looks like a tornado ripped through it, downed limbs and trees everywhere. I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to take me to clean it all up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippy. Show zippy's posts

It look 1.5 hours to go from Newburyport to Saugus, at which point, I turned around and returned home. The traffic wasn't due to ice but flooding. At 7 this morning, part of the town was without pwer. The ice on the trees (around 6 AM) was very impressive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boosh79. Show boosh79's posts

Amesbury - No power throughout town. School is closed. Traffic lights out all along Route 110. Trees down on at least two roads this morning forcing me to find another route. Roads are generally fine though. It's just that there is ice coating all the power lines and trees. It makes a big difference being slightly inland. I work in Newburyport and it's fine here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldebbjake. Show pauldebbjake's posts

Does anyone know if the power has returned in Hudson, MA?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bto. Show bto's posts

ROBOTS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hhawk06. Show hhawk06's posts

I think those that have had it worst won't be able to post on here since there's no power. I have family in Leominster who I've spoken with via cell phone. They are paralyzed, power lines and trees down everywhere. Couldn't get to the highway if you wanted to. They heard a rumor power wouldn't be back until Sunday?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boardsnblades. Show boardsnblades's posts

Andover, MA - roads are not icey but the trees are. Many trees/branches are down causing alot of power outages. I spoke to a national grid truck driver this morning - he said power may not be restored in parts of Andover until early next week. With temperatures falling tonight and tomorrow we will be heading to the relatives for warmth and good conversation.

With the power out - TV's are out.
    No depressing news to hear about on TV.

Merry Christmas to All!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amesburydaddio. Show Amesburydaddio's posts

The entire town of Amesbury is without power. Also, lots of neighborhoods in the west end of Newburyport are without power. I just called National Grid, and the recorded message (I couldn't get through to a human) stated that NG estimates power to return around 4 PM on Saturday. I hope that is an overly-conservative estimate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Suninwest. Show Suninwest's posts

ashland, framingham, natick - rain stopped - lot of puddles - few tree branches - 135 is clear - got to work on time - no blackouts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoJoM154. Show JoJoM154's posts

Power is out in hudson still house is cold no heat. Hope people have battery back up on their sump pumps if they have them the water is out of control. Not as icy as you would think but trees down everywhere and street lights out. Mass confusion on the roads and not to mention NO COFFEE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tefl0n. Show Tefl0n's posts

[Quote]Does anyone know if the power has returned in Hudson, MA?[/Quote]

According to my brother, who did not make it to work, no power still and according to the Electric department in Hudson, may be out until tomorrow.

Not good.