Will anyone agree to pay for access to this news site?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjs39. Show sjs39's posts

Re: Will anyone agree to pay for access to this news site?

In Response to Re: Will anyone agree to pay for access to this news site?:
    Britney Spears exiting rehab is not real news.  If you think the Globe leans left then just don't read the editorial page.  The strategy works.  I subscribe to the Journal and haven't knocked up my sister yet.
    Posted by movingtangent

After reading ALL of your comments on this question alone, I probably would if you would assure me that you wouldn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjr2k. Show mjr2k's posts

I would pay under 4 conditions:

1) If Boston.com had anything worthy to report.  Most times it mirrors what Telegram.com writes and rarely has anything of interest.  The information they receive is the reason why I stopped watching cable news.  I used to watch it for the hot anchors, but they're forced to broadcasted with clothing on :(.

2) They get rid of all the advertisements on the website and they go to a system where they approve all posts to make sure they actually conform to a guideline.  We're all entitled to our opinion, but lets be adult about it.

3) I forget what the Globe costs, but the online subscription rate per month would have to be cheaper than buying it in the store.

4) While I agree with the "removing the unbiasness" - MA has always been a Democratic state; you're going to have a majority of those opinions.  Lets see some stuff from the other side as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewsussek. Show ewsussek's posts

I enjoy reading the print addition because I can see print ads and photos.  I would consider paying for an on;ine service if you could make it "feel' like i am reading the print edition.

I often like to just browse through the paper and that is difficult to do online.  Try to recreate that experience and I would consider it.

Buddy from Canton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boatwrote. Show boatwrote's posts

As a media veteran, I take this question seriously. And my answer is no... especially for the Boston Globe, whose website design is absolutely horrendous.  It often freezes  up, has ads with motion that slow it down dreastically, and then atop; that has a confusing relationship with boston.com.  The New York Times has dragged the once very respectable Globe into a pit in which the worst of the Times (i.e.selection of unpaid obits, and pretentious Sunday editorial/books section) is foisted on Bostonians. Somebody else on this blog called it drech... a word I think maybe a bit overreaching, but not totally out of line. If the Globe ever started being a paper designed for a wider audience than the Brattle Street/Lincoln-Sudbury mob, it might be worth buying. As it is, now it is not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicetrylosers. Show nicetrylosers's posts

too funny, they can't get anyone to post for free.

here's hoping the radical commie jews that own this pofs and the jewdork times go bankrupt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

I would not pay to read postings from right-wingers who are paid to post the opinions of their masters.

Sections
Shortcuts