Will the storm cost you money?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dankline. Show dankline's posts

Will the storm cost you money?

Are you missing work? Is your business closed and that costs you money? Share your stories and join the discussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Will the storm cost you money?

The media keeps telling people to go to the markets, hardware stores, gas stations to stock up and buy, buy, buy...spend $ spend $ spend $  creating a panic mentality.

C'mon it's a blizzard, not the end of the world!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dankline. Show dankline's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

The media keeps telling people to go to the markets, hardware stores, gas stations to stock up and buy, buy, buy...spend $ spend $ spend $  creating a panic mentality.

C'mon it's a blizzard, not the end of the world!

I'm not sure the media is sending that message. We're more showing what people are doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4152880. Show user_4152880's posts

In response to dankline's comment:

Are you missing work? Is your business closed and that costs you money? Share your stories and join the discussion.

Snow plows charge crazy money to clean snow..yes it is costing me a lot of money when it snows in feets!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't blame the media for people's shopping habits. They are just reporting on the crazy crowds at the various stores. I never hear people on the news stating that everyone should go out and stock up on groceries. People just do that on their own.

I do hear advice to make sure you have shovels, ice melt etc...but I am usually shocked that in New England winters people don't keep those things on hand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jackrabbit15. Show Jackrabbit15's posts

I tend bar in Faneuil Hall, every time there's even a hint of a storm, the way the media sensationalizes these events and non-events kills any chance of my co-workers and I to earn a days wages.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dankline. Show dankline's posts

In response to Jackrabbit15's comment:

I tend bar in Faneuil Hall, every time there's even a hint of a storm, the way the media sensationalizes these events and non-events kills any chance of my co-workers and I to earn a days wages.

I feel you on that. I spent a few years in retail and used to keep the store I ran open as ling as I could so my staff would get paid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigribbit. Show bigribbit's posts

Yes, as a business owner about I'm expecting that I'm losing about 50% productivity for 150 employees as folks have to work from home for today. Another business I own incurs significant expense to clear snow every time there is a snow fall, so that will be expensive as well, though given the snow drought for the past 1.5 years I'm probably still ahead!