2012 Olympic Coverage by NBC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

2012 Olympic Coverage by NBC

I watched the opening ceremonies on NBC last night. The artistry and show itself was amazing..however the coverage by NBC was abysmal at best and really just completely ruined the opening ceremony for many people.

Besides the fact that the NBC decided to tape the opening ceremony and show it on primetime rather than live ( every other nation was broadcasting live), the commentary by Matt Lauer and Meridith Viera ( I actually had to google her because I had no idea who she was)...was so bad..I mean among the worst I have ever seen.

For starters, Viera seemed to believe that the Queen of England really did parachute from a plane..not to mention I don't think she understood the concept that the participants in the show were primarily actors.

As an American, I was embarrassed by the coverage and commentary..and don't even get me started on some of the interview questions.

NBC really dropped the ball on this one. I am sticking with the BBC coverage online.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: 2012 Olympic Coverage by NBC

Can't really comment on the coverage since I didnt watch it but it's kind of funny that both Matt and Meredith spent a few years in Providence RI before hitting the big time. I've been aware of both of them for more years than I care to say. Trivia question: Matt's co-host on the Providence based PM Magazine show that he once appeared on is rather infamous in south-east Massachusetts for drug and alcohol troubles. Do you know who she is?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I only caught glimpses, and I was wondering what any of it had to do with the Olympics.  hospital beds?  nurses?  What a mess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Actually, Bob Costas is the guy they need to get rid of in the opening ceremonies. He always finds a way to turn the Parade of Nations into a political statement and this time he went out of his way to mention the Israeli hostage disaster despite the IOC not acknowleding it during the ceremony. 
     All in all, if you want something aking to real coverage of the games, don't watch channel 7. Watch the other channels. Unlike channel 7, which is what headingsouth described, the other channels show the games.
     Boxing has a channel (MSNBC, I believe) and Bravo is handling the tennis games. CNBC is a mix and NBCSports is also a mix. If you see an interview on these channels, it's a short one. If you actually do see a reporter sitting at a desk, they'll talk briefly about the game that just happened or lead you into another event taking place.
     Channel 7, though, is all interviews and ads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

I heard they cut out the tribute to victims of terrorism because NBC felt it didn't "cater to the American audience".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I don't like that they've focused on the negative. I really don't need to see young girls in tears from disappointment. Why focus on the disappointments instead of the successes?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I hate to say it, DWL, but it's because it's human nature to relish in seeing someone else lose. Makes people feel better about themselves.

Hats off to Phelps, though. He got his 19th. Will be interesting to see how many more he can add to that. 

Highlight of today's tv schedule has to be Brazil men's soccer game. Got to admit, they always play an entertaining game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Olympic Coverage by NBC:
    [QUOTE]I heard they cut out the tribute to victims of terrorism because NBC felt it didn't "cater to the American audience".
    Posted by FaolanofEssex[/QUOTE]
    ....and the dumbing down of America continues..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Olympic Coverage by NBC:
    [QUOTE]I don't like that they've focused on the negative. I really don't need to see young girls in tears from disappointment. Why focus on the disappointments instead of the successes?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I agree!

11. This post has been removed.