1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Another Reason NOT TO FLY - Planes Fall-Apart!

That statement is a little dramatic..even for me. I doubt there are too many people in this forum who are more afraid of flying than I am...but even I recognize that the outcome of this crash was pretty miraculous.. That the plane stayed together as well as it did under the circumstances is remarkable. It is clearly a well made plane in that sense and contributed to the high survival rate.

This is the first major plane crash in the US since 2001. That is a pretty remarkable safety record.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

I am scared to death of planes....have been my entire life. I've been on planes three times, furthest was to the Bahamas. I haven't been on one since 1984.

When we traveled to DC, my son and I took the train while the rest of the family flew. In 1993, drove back and forth to Florida...and have driven to Toronto and Niagara Falls.

I can't say my fear increased after 9/11 because I've always been petrified of flying. The scene in Rainman when Tom Cruise is trying to get Dustin Hoffman on the plane.....yeah, that's me.

I have been since the age of 10. Funny..I can't say my fear increased after 911 either and truthfully I've flown more since 911..but that is probably because I made an effort to overcome my phobia only to realize that I would never be able to fly without medication.  I am supposed to go to Toronto next summer with hubbie, hubbie's best friend and the best friend's wife. The wife and I are already making plans to drive and send the guys on the plane...lol

The year after that I'm supposed to go to Hawaii. That will be the longest..and I am still not sure I will be able to do it. For now I am trying not to think about it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

Or they disappear without a trace.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts