Asbergers's kid denied plane

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Asbergers's kid denied plane

Greg..I tried to find a reference to this story because it seems so unbelievable. Why would anyone complain about a kid with Aspergers? It doesn't make sense to anyone who knows anything about the disorder.

I had a very close friend who was raising her nephew who has Aspergers and I watched him grow up. You hit it right on the head when you said the kick would probably kick all our butts on a video game. My friend's nephew kicked mine on a regular basis playing chess. Kids with Aspergers ( and adults for that matter) are not disruptive. Most people perceive them as odd...but they are rarely violent..no more violent than the general population.

For people who don't understand how Aspergers works..think Sheldon on Big Bang theory. I have often thought that his character is based on someone who has mild to moderate aspergers.

And..Greg..your right. If the person who complained couldn't handle it..he should have left the plane. That kid and family had just as much right to be on that flight.

I would love to know which airline was involved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Guys I know  this disorder too, my son has it, yes my son who is pursuing his masters in math/geophysics at Albany U. Yes he/we were treated the same, being denied permission to attend field trips to Boston in 7th grade. He took 6 years of French (you can start here in 6th grade) became fluent rather easily, straight A's wrote and read French to the class, was in the French club, help to raise money, and yes parents of other kids didnt want him to go to France unless I went too at my expense.
     So what and why am I writing this, AS is misunderstood, being a social interaction disorder it makes people uncomfortable. I have worked hard, all of his schools have worked, to help him thru this and we have succeeded. He will one day be on a team that will except him for who he is and that team will invent something or do something that will help the world. 
     One thing I can not stand is intolerence..WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT accept it, live with it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

greg that is just ridiculous all 2 year olds are bad.....friggin' people they really svck sometimes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

That's just crazy. No one can predict how a 2 year old will react to anything..regardless of whatever else is going on. I guess some people just feel the world revolves around them and they don't care who they hurt or insult in the process. Shame on the airline for going along with it.

Sections
Shortcuts