Being rich has its advantages.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Being rich has its advantages.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528761,00.html

Steve Jobs didn't get his new liver because he was sick, or even on the brink of death.  He got his new liver because he's Steve Jobs.

He's the man probably ever doctor in that hospital depends on to create the very same iphones they all have in their lab coats.

What the hell are these doctors going to say?  It certainly can't be the cold honest truth.  Yeah, he's rich, white, famous, and they'll gladly lie to the public about the circumstances of his medical situation. 

They're are probably as many as 3000 maybe a little fewer minorities of all kinds dying as a result of waiting too long on a list that's pretty much a complete joke.

How many homeless people ( white or otherwise ) get transplants?  

Answer : none

How many welfare recipients get transplants?  Has one ever had the good fortune of ever getting one?    I seriously doubt it. 

In this day and age, if you don't have money, you won't have your health. 

Deal wid' it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

Re: Being rich has its advantages.

At least he didn't pickle his liver in alcohol like Mickey Mantle or David Crosby.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

u r pathetic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTM. Show RTM's posts

You also get to run over State Troopers at Logan and drive drunk with an open container on the turnpike. A poor person would just be coming out of a coma now if they pulled that stunt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Thats why its improtant to aspire to become rich!

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Hey xttwo - I really didn think too much about this story until I just put on CNN and watched a couple of over the top liberal journalists bending over backwards to to put a smily (so what) face on this whole secret liver transplant. Now Im asking myself why liberals like this guy and this company so much and hate companies like Microsoft. 

Anyone care to clue me in?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3rdworldcountry. Show 3rdworldcountry's posts

In Response to Re: Being rich has its advantages.:
    You also get to run over State Troopers at Logan and drive drunk with an open container on the turnpike. A poor person would just be coming out of a coma now if they pulled that stunt.
    Posted by RTM

not to mention vehicular homocide and misogyny.

hey, when's it gonna come out michael jackson had aids?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

In Response to Re: Being rich has its advantages. : not to mention vehicular homocide and misogyny. hey, when's it gonna come out michael jackson had aids?
    Posted by 3rdworldcountry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

"How many welfare recipients get transplants?  Has one ever had the good fortune of ever getting one?    I seriously doubt it."

But they do get to be donors, what more do you want for nothing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

I wonder what poor, homeless person's liver Steve Jobs has. 

The liver gets a second chance at life. 

From the body of a dirty, smelly over sized cockroach who lived in abandoned, run down and decaying buildings with absolutely no chance at anything; 

to the body of a person who's rich, successful, where people 25 years and younger fall at the feet of Steve Jobs; better known as ijesus. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Who else other than  " ijesus "  would you wait outside an electronic store hoping to be one of the first to buy yet another piece of junk that won't last more than 6 months until it either breaks, faulters, or is outdated by something new?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

Who else other than  " ijesus "  would you wait outside an electronic store hoping to be one of the first to buy yet another piece of junk that won't last more than 6 months until it either breaks, faulters, or is outdated by something new?
    Posted by xttwo

You are disparaging the last vestiges of our world-class economic engine. What are you anyway, a filthy stinking Communist?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

comrade' Grim, don' be so sille'

We luve'  A'me'dican life style. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

In Response to Being rich has its advantages.:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528761,00.html Steve Jobs didn't get his new liver because he was sick, or even on the brink of death.  He got his new liver because he's Steve Jobs. He's the man probably ever doctor in that hospital depends on to create the very same iphones they all have in their lab coats. What the hell are these doctors going to say?  It certainly can't be the cold honest truth.  Yeah, he's rich, white, famous, and they'll gladly lie to the public about the circumstances of his medical situation.  They're are probably as many as 3000 maybe a little fewer minorities of all kinds dying as a result of waiting too long on a list that's pretty much a complete joke. How many homeless people ( white or otherwise ) get transplants?   Answer : none How many welfare recipients get transplants?  Has one ever had the good fortune of ever getting one?    I seriously doubt it.  In this day and age, if you don't have money, you won't have your health.  Deal wid' it.    
    Posted by xttwo

I'm pretty sure he was sick, perhaps even very sick.  You don't randomly decide to have major surgery, replace an organ for kicks.  There's a bit more to it than that.  But his wealth no doubt sped up the process. No one undergoes an organ transplant for fun though.  

And you do hear of the occasional poor sick kid getting a new organ because some doctor was willing to do the surgery for free (or the publicity). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

You talk about fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mantle

I'm sure the geniuses at Baylor University Medical Center had fun
    explaining to patients on the liver transplant list ( as well as their families )
    exactly why Mickey Mantle had to get a liver in order to live on borrowed time
    that amounted to a mere two months and five days.

That's two months and five days of him walking around tellling people
    not be an alcoholic washed up ex-baseball player like he was.

Fun indeed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Mantle won the American League home run and slugging titles four times each, collected 2,415 hits over his career, and batted .300 or more 10 times.  He won three MVP awards and was named to 20 All-Star teams.  He was at his best during the World Series - he holds numerous records.  Mantle played on 12 pennant winners and seven World Championship clubs.  He holds World Series records for home runs (18), RBI (40), runs (42), walks (43), extra-base hits (26), and total bases (123).  In his final World Series in 1964 he had three homers and eight RBI and batted .333.

thats a nice wash

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

You talk about fun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mantle I'm sure the geniuses at Baylor University Medical Center had fun explaining to patients on the liver transplant list ( as well as their families ) exactly why Mickey Mantle had to get a liver in order to live on borrowed time that amounted to a mere two months and five days. That's two months and five days of him walking around tellling people not be an alcoholic washed up ex-baseball player like he was. Fun indeed.
    Posted by xttwo

Clearly, his celebrity helped.  But no one gets an organ transplant because they don't have anything better to do that day.  No one. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

Mantle won the American League home run and slugging titles four times each, collected 2,415 hits over his career, and batted .300 or more 10 times.  He won three MVP awards and was named to 20 All-Star teams.  He was at his best during the World Series - he holds numerous records.  Mantle played on 12 pennant winners and seven World Championship clubs.  He holds World Series records for home runs (18), RBI (40), runs (42), walks (43), extra-base hits (26), and total bases (123).  In his final World Series in 1964 he had three homers and eight RBI and batted .333. thats a nice wash
    Posted by GreginMedford

Yes, and he did all this on a seriously damaged knee that the medical profession could only have made worse with the gross butcher-style knee surgery of the day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Mantle won the American League home run and slugging titles four times each, collected 2,415 hits over his career, and batted .300 or more 10 times.  He won three MVP awards and was named to 20 All-Star teams.  He was at his best during the World Series - he holds numerous records.  Mantle played on 12 pennant winners and seven World Championship clubs.  He holds World Series records for home runs (18), RBI (40), runs (42), walks (43), extra-base hits (26), and total bases (123).  In his final World Series in 1964 he had three homers and eight RBI and batted .333.  Posted by GreginMedford

- so are you saying all that entitles someone to a free liver?

listen, if you're  64 and have liver cancer   
    it's time to start writing a final draft of your last will and testament

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

if having world championchip rings, league titles, other awards and recognitions for achievement can buy someone 2 months and 5 days extra from death

that isn't much to a waiting list a mile long of other people who were probably annoying to be around before they ended up in the hospital with a failed liver

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

In Response to Re: Being rich has its advantages. : - so are you saying all that entitles someone to a free liver?   listen
    Posted by xttwo

No, I'm saying its hard to wash that up.  You're claim, not mine

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

if having world championchip rings, league titles, other awards and recognitions for achievement can buy someone 2 months and 5 days extra from death that isn't much to a waiting list a mile long of other people who were probably annoying to be around before they ended up in the hospital with a failed liver
    Posted by xttwo

Who knew the transplant would buy only 2 months and 5 days?  He could have lived for another 25 years as well, right?  Or died on the table.

I'll bet we will never hear you say "it's time to start writing a final draft of your last will and testament" once you reach the age of 64, and have a treatable, terminal disease.

The championships and rings also include millions of fans that held him in very high esteem.  He was, and still is, one of the best loved sports figures of all times, and because of this popularity, his crusade to help people realize the dangers of over consumption of alcohol may have saved many from an untimely death.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

I don't expect to live past 52.

As far as your eulogy for Mickey Mantle.  I'm not buying it.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Sections
Shortcuts