Global warming phenomenon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Global warming phenomenon

Why is it every time there is a major Global Warming Conference, major snowstorms and cold spells break out?

(God has a sense of humor?)

Rare historic snowfall predicted for Virginia, 12-20"...the last previous snowstorm of this size occurred in 1996 ... the one snowplow in service will take about 3 days to open just the main roads....

Thanks Al Gore!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Re: Global warming phenomenon

well if you let Grim tell it its b/c of HAARP.

ps, can't believe i'm going to agree with you but something is starting to seem iffy about this healthcare bill. passing it on christmas eve? i have a feeling 50 years from now Grim Jr will be talking about this in the same vein they talk about the Federal Resrve Act being squeezed through on christmas break (or was it summer break?)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

weather does change, the one gripe i always had with the global warming debate was that history shows that the Earth's temperture isn't constant and changes (hence the ice age) so how do we know this isn't a part of the natural cycle? i mean the polar ice caps weren't always polar ice caps. further to that i generally agree with george carlin in that its mostly human arrogance that leads us to think we could actually destroy the Earth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

ok bob, you didn't take the bait but the point i was making was that today's grim, is yesterday's bob. it's all relative.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude98. Show schadenfreude98's posts

Don't you get it yet?.......cold weather and snow are caused by global warming

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

I believe I read that the train problem in the Chunnel is due to Northen France having their worst winter in history.

Must be global warming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"...its mostly human arrogance that leads us to think we could actually destroy the Earth."

Or save it!  This is what bothers me.  It took at least a century or two of unlimited industrial pollution and unbridled human activity by billions of people to produce the climate changes evident today, changes that have raised many eyebrows but have not resulted in devastation.  And, to my knowledge there isn't a scintilla of evidence that any and all of the "Green" proposals that exist and the billions of dollars they will cost, will have an iota of affect on slowing much less stopping climate change. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources. Ronald Reagan

Oops... too late!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The sky is falling.

The sooner we all accept that and hand over our money, the better off China will be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileybennyhill. Show smileybennyhill's posts

HUNDREDS GATHER TO PROTEST GLOBAL WARMING

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Global warming phenomenon:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming phenomenon : No, it was human arrogance that led Carlin to say that. We created a hole in the ozone bigger than Antarctica. We created a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean the size of Texas. At the current rate of deforestation, we will have destroyed half the Amazon rain forest by 2050. And we have almost doubled atmospheric CO2 in the last 200 years. Atmospheric CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years. We are changing the earth.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Kirk, Did you know the ozone hole is a yearly occurrence and has been recorded since 1956? Didn't think so...

Have you ever seen this quote?  Paul Watson, co-founder of the eco-terrorist group Greenpeace, summed up the true face of the environmental movement when he said, "It doesn't matter what's true; it only matters what people believe is true ... You are what the media define you to be. [Greenpeace] became a myth and a myth-generating machine." Amen.

They are playing you like a fine Stradivarius!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming phenomenon : No, it was human arrogance that led Carlin to say that. We created a hole in the ozone bigger than Antarctica. We created a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean the size of Texas. At the current rate of deforestation, we will have destroyed half the Amazon rain forest by 2050. And we have almost doubled atmospheric CO2 in the last 200 years. Atmospheric CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years. We are changing the earth.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

which is why i think going green is a good idea. but the global warming crowd and their fear mongering are making it seem as if we're going to make the Earth uninhabitable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This seems so obvious to me that it hardly bears repeating (yet again), but we are absolutely no threat whatsoever to the planet we inhabit. When we become a sufficient threat, it will kill us -- THAT you can take to the bank.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Do you people realize that arguing against global warming puts you in the same category as the 9/11 truthers and the creationists?

You're arguing hard scientific evidence with nothing but opinion.  

Because it snowed out somewhere in the world on the same day as the confrence, there is no global warming. 

Thanks for the convincing argument.   Based on your theories It's hard to imagine how you learned to type.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-boy. Show Boston-boy's posts

[QUOTE]Do you people realize that arguing against global warming puts you in the same category as the 9/11 truthers and the creationists? You're arguing hard scientific evidence with nothing but opinion.   Because it snowed out somewhere in the world on the same day as the confrence, there is no global warming.  Thanks for the convincing argument.   Based on your theories It's hard to imagine how you learned to type.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have been living under a rock, but ClimateGate exposed the fact that the data used to fabricate "Global Warming" was completely manipulated to attempt to support their myth.

Your "scientific evidence" is a complete fabrication meant to institute a world government. I know that's waaaayyyy over your head.

Do yourself a favor. Watch the Global Warming episode of Jesse Ventura's show tonight at 9pm on Tru TV.

Ventura is friendly with Gore from his days as Minn Gov. He was totally neutral going into his investigation.

Watch it and tell us all what you think tommorow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

[QUOTE]Do you people realize that arguing against global warming puts you in the same category as the 9/11 truthers and the creationists? You're arguing hard scientific evidence with nothing but opinion.   Because it snowed out somewhere in the world on the same day as the confrence, there is no global warming.  Thanks for the convincing argument.   Based on your theories It's hard to imagine how you learned to type.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Uhh we (Al Gore et al) don't say global worming anymore.. for good reason. They switched to the generic climate change.

Is this the same 'hard scientific evidence' that was .. shall we say.. doctored, kept in secret and then destroyed? Yeah.. that's the one..

The sky isn't falling chicken little. You will only have to wait 8 months to see a doctor for the bruise where the acorn (oops) hit you on the head.

Lets talk motivation. What's yours? Everyone votes WIIFM (what's in it for me).. are you on a crusade Don Quixote to save the planet?..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming phenomenon : Maybe you have been living under a rock, but ClimateGate exposed the fact that the data used to fabricate "Global Warming" was completely manipulated to attempt to support their myth. Your "scientific evidence" is a complete fabrication meant to institute a world government. I know that's waaaayyyy over your head. Do yourself a favor. Watch the Global Warming episode of Jesse Ventura's show tonight at 9pm on Tru TV. Ventura is friendly with Gore from his days as Minn Gov. He was totally neutral going into his investigation. Watch it and tell us all what you think tommorow.
    Posted by Boston-boy[/QUOTE]

Al Gore didn't invent Global warming.

Lets see.  Let's think about this rationally.  

Who would have anything to gain from inventing this global warming myth?   Scientists?  Or maybe. . . .   Big industry and fossil fuel producers who stand to lose alot of money and power if the country starts to break it's "oil addiction".  That was a quote from G.W.B. by the way. 

Global warming is real.   Carbon emmissions are warming out climate and you can't deny it without looking like a fool.

There is a lobby who is out to stop alternative energy because it means they won't be able to sell oil anymore.   You're the ones believing the lies. 

Here is a quick hint to help you along, FOX doesn't report the truth.  They're lying to you.

Get it yet?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

You calling me chicken little is funny. 

You're the one posting about the liberal conspiracy to control the country though solar power.  

Why are you afraid of cutting back on carbon emmissions?   How does it affect you other than that it will lower the cost of gas and oil as demand is reduced. 

Why would you argue anything that would benefit America?   Are you ani-American?  Why do you hate America?  Why do you intentionally try to mislead the American people into destroying their own envirnment?  

Are you some sort of anarchist?    Do you get pleasure in watching other suffer?

Maybe your just on the payroll of Exxon Mobile.    That's what I like to imagine your motivation is.  The only other explanation is that you're more stupid than a garden slug.  

For your sake, I hope it's the former.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-boy. Show Boston-boy's posts

[QUOTE]well if you let Grim tell it its b/c of HAARP. ps, can't believe i'm going to agree with you but something is starting to seem iffy about this healthcare bill. passing it on christmas eve? i have a feeling 50 years from now Grim Jr will be talking about this in the same vein they talk about the Federal Resrve Act being squeezed through on christmas break (or was it summer break?)
    Posted by scauma82[/QUOTE]

Try to get it straight. Grim never said anything of the sort (HAARP). Obviously, you don't have a clue about HAARP or you wouldn't say something like that.

Grim (and 31,000 plus scientists) says GW is a complete fabrication by globalist paid scientists. That's 100% correct.

Watch the Jesse Ventura GW special at 9pm tonight on Tru TV. I guarantee you it will be worth 60 minutes of your time.

Ventura was friendly with Gore during his days as Gov and completely unbiased about GW.

As far as the uncontitutional ObamaCare bill goes. Just like the criminal Fed Act, this will be passed on Christmas Eve. Those committing illegal or immoral acts usually do it under the cover of darkness.

Here's a few lowlights:

Obamacare To Cost Middle Class Families $15,000 A Year

Patients may have to wait up to 18 months for treatment

Here's Dr Ron Paul's explanation of what we can expect:

“Canada’s so bad that they have a lottery, there are some little towns that have one family doctor, they do a lottery and you can sometimes wait a year and a half to see the doctor,” said Paul. “I have friends who are eye surgeons in Canada, they’ve finished their surgery by September, they’re allotment, they’re given a number of surgeries they can do, when they’re finished in September some of them come to the U.S. and do elective cosmetic eye surgery in the U.S. because they’re not allowed to operate any more in Canada.”

In his article, There’s No Such Thing as Free Health Care, Journalist John Stossel highlights how even people with life-threatening conditions are told to wait. A woman with a blocked artery that prevented her from digesting food was told by doctors in British Columbia that she had only weeks to live, but that the surgery was still “elective.”

“The only thing elective about this surgery was I elected to live,” said the woman, who traveled to the United States to receive treatment.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

OK. I agree. Now what? What do we as a species do to stop and/or reverse climate change? What evidence is there that what we do will work?  Or is it merely an opinion or theory that the often draconian suggestions offered will work, so let's give it a shot?

Sections
Shortcuts