Good Republican

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Good Republican

She seems to be the only Republican in Washington who is governing instead of just playing politics.

This is who the GOP should be following,  not Rush.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5383383n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Good Republican

How about Obama loosening restrictions on China getting our military technology and inviting the Russians to our secret nuclear sites to count how many war heads we have???

Being weak is one thing, being totally submissive is another.  Obama is doing what many people are sitting in prison for doing.  Other countries don't need spies, they just need to ask Obama.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbear. Show dbear's posts

Yeah, the typical repug is in favor of those 4 treasonous things; I really don't expect it from Snowe, and in general, she is much more thoughtful and proactive than your run-of-the-moron repug camp follower.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Hopefully she will pay politically for this.  If permitted, obama care will be the final nail in our coffin as a result of economic destruction.

I sincerely believe you're comfortable with the U.S. dollar tanking.  You are happy when we are "acting locally and thinking globally".  You're happy taking orders from the UN.  You're happy with big government ponzi schemes like social security.  By believing in hope and change, you and your collaborators have elevated our debt ceiling to $13 Trillion dollars.  We have 100's of trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities thanks to big government.  You're happy seizing the earnings of some, to redistribute to others. 

The economic destruction of the United States is a means to your utopia: global misery.

I can only hope we can vote out all liberals, democrats and republicans who voluntarily elect to keep borrrowing from China and printing more money. 

Entitlement programs, social welfare and corporate favoritism must end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

In Response to Re: Good Republican:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, the typical repug is in favor of those 4 treasonous things; I really don't expect it from Snowe, and in general, she is much more thoughtful and proactive than your run-of-the-moron repug camp follower.
    Posted by dbear[/QUOTE]

What makes your point of view superior?  How would you govern?  Explain to me how wealth redistribution, progressive taxation, racial/sexual favoritism, and identity politics makes America a better place.

Explain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully she will pay politically for this.  If permitted, obama care will be the final nail in our coffin as a result of economic destruction. I sincerely believe you're comfortable with the U.S. dollar tanking.  You are happy when we are "acting locally and thinking globally".  You're happy taking orders from the UN.  You're happy with big government ponzi schemes like social security.  By believing in hope and change, you and your collaborators have elevated our debt ceiling to $13 Trillion dollars.  We have 100's of trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities thanks to big government.  You're happy seizing the earnings of some, to redistribute to others.  The economic destruction of the United States is a means to your utopia: global misery. I can only hope we can vote out all liberals, democrats and republicans who voluntarily elect to keep borrrowing from China and printing more money.  Entitlement programs, social welfare and corporate favoritism must end.
    Posted by TeddyffromNH[/QUOTE]

Teddy,
    I wish you fist analyse what you are writing before doing it.  I will atke them on one by one:

- I sincerely believe you're comfortable with the U.S. dollar tanking.

Well, the biggest drop in $ value happened during G. W. Bush years.  The damage was caused mostly by the fact that we were running these massive deficits during a time of worldwide economic prosperity (so no mitigating circumstance), happened right after we got back on sound fiscal footing (surpluses the nineties), and a new currency competitor (the Euro).
    This year's massive deficit is unusual. It happened in an almost-depression. The rest of the world was in the same boat and running deficits just as big.  It will be different if the rest of the world recovers from their recession faster than us, but the jury is still out on that.

- You're happy taking orders from the UN. 

The US does not take orders from the UN. We lead the UN. We have the biggest influence on policy.  We have <5% of the world population, yet our influence is 10x that. But, you may be offended that somebody else might dare to object to anything we want, and have the chutzpah to voice it.  Get over it. 

- You're happy with big government ponzi schemes like social security. 

No. I think SS must be better financed. But, unlike you, I think it is necessary.  I traveled enough to see the difference between countries that have government safety nets and those that don't,a dn I want to be in those that do.  You might find Laos or Sierra Leone more to your liking. They don't have these "big government ponzi schemes like social security".

-your collaborators have elevated our debt ceiling to $13 Trillion dollars.  We have 100's of trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities thanks to big government. 

As a former republican, I can say that people I supported in the past are mostly responsible for the $13 trillions.  I am reformed now.

- 100's of trillions? 

Do you think that our GDP is going to zero any time soon?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IamYourDaddy. Show IamYourDaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Republican : Teddy, I wish you fist analyse what you are writing before doing it.  I will atke them on one by one: - I sincerely believe you're comfortable with the U.S. dollar tanking. Well, the biggest drop in $ value happened during G. W. Bush years.  The damage was caused mostly by the fact that we were running these massive deficits during a time of worldwide economic prosperity (so no mitigating circumstance), happened right after we got back on sound fiscal footing (surpluses the nineties), and a new currency competitor (the Euro). This year's massive deficit is unusual. It happened in an almost-depression. The rest of the world was in the same boat and running deficits just as big.  It will be different if the rest of the world recovers from their recession faster than us, but the jury is still out on that. - You're happy taking orders from the UN.  The US does not take orders from the UN. We lead the UN. We have the biggest influence on policy.  We have <5% of the world population, yet our influence is 10x that. But, you may be offended that somebody else might dare to object to anything we want, and have the chutzpah to voice it.  Get over it.  - You're happy with big government ponzi schemes like social security.  No. I think SS must be better financed. But, unlike you, I think it is necessary.  I traveled enough to see the difference between countries that have government safety nets and those that don't,a dn I want to be in those that do.  You might find Laos or Sierra Leone more to your liking. They don't have these "big government ponzi schemes like social security". -your collaborators have elevated our debt ceiling to $13 Trillion dollars.  We have 100's of trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities thanks to big government.  As a former republican, I can say that people I supported in the past are mostly responsible for the $13 trillions.  I am reformed now. - 100's of trillions?  Do you think that our GDP is going to zero any time soon?
    Posted by Charles2008[/QUOTE]

the value of the dollar go up and down over time ...is no big deal, who is complaining about the weak dollar. Our exporters are loving it. Oh china and Japan don't like it (tough love but there is nothing they can do about it, their economy depends on exporting to us, and have no chioce but to accept our cheap dollar)

You are a former GOP ... LOL liar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Good Republican:
    [QUOTE]She seems to be the only Republican in Washington who is governing instead of just playing politics. This is who the GOP should be following,  not Rush. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5383383n&tag=contentMain;contentBody
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]
    Snow's a moderate in a liberal environment. At least she's against the public option.  Now if this bill addresses tort reform, and pre-existing conditions prohibitions, I'd be on board.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Republican : Ah, so you are against the public option too.  Excellent, and welcome aboard dbear!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Snow is actually FOR a very robust Public option that kicks in only if uninsured rates do not fall below a certain percentage (5% is floated) within a few years. Robust measn WITH goverment subsidies, which is more agressive than any of the democratic proposals.

That triggered public option might actually end up in the bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Republican : the value of the dollar go up and down over time ...is no big deal, who is complaining about the weak dollar. Our exporters are loving it. Oh china and Japan don't like it (tough love but there is nothing they can do about it, their economy depends on exporting to us, and have no chioce but to accept our cheap dollar) Posted by IamYourDaddy[/QUOTE]

Good to see Daddy posting again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heathazrealm. Show Heathazrealm's posts

What is happening behind closed doors from the man who touted transparency is an abomination.
    America's voice is being ignored as we elected a man to bring hope and change. Not redistribution of wealth and a health care system that will fail to cover everyone but cost everyone more.
    America is where you go when your in the desert and need your life saved.
    America is where you go when your own countries universal health care fails you.
    Now thanks to Chicargos finest we will be bankrupt and waiting to die like the rest of the world..
    Snowe is not a good republican as she based her decision on this bill through rose colored glasses.
    Republician do not NOT want everyone to have health care.We just don't want government run and intervention.
    Health Insurances laws need to change.Competition is good.
    Even Obama will not have his family under a plan he is foisting upon this country.

We need good Republicans who are willing to stand up for the American people who want doctors treating them not Uncle Sam.
    Medicare and Social Security failures.
    Universal healthcare inferior.
    Have we lost our ever loving minds???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

The Northeastern Liberal Republican wing of Teddy Roosevelt,  Fiorello Laguardia,Nelson Rockefeller, and the Boston Brahmins had roots in the justifiable fear of the Big Dig mentality of the urban Democrats and their allies in the construction trades and concrete.
    The midwestern Republicans supported the farmers and railroad builders who connected the midwestern markets to both coasts.
    These Northeastern Republicans also feared the imposition of a civil servant dominance of urban budgetary decisions.Those  who laughed when Calvin Coolidge crushed the police strike,do not laugh anymore. They now know  a large unionized government group gets entrenched,the union  becomes part of the entitlement program for local politicians.They begin setting the tax assessments,and set up provisions for large scale borrowing to cover the ever rising salaries of police,teachers,firemen.
    Strangely enough the Democrats think they are liberating immigrants,when in fact they were finding new ways to give Irish the jobs.Then these liberated civil servants fought tooth and nail to lock out any attempts to increase the number of blacks,Italians,Puerto Ricans into their civil service.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

[QUOTE]What is happening behind closed doors from the man who touted transparency is an abomination. America's voice is being ignored as we elected a man to bring hope and change. Not redistribution of wealth and a health care system that will fail to cover everyone but cost everyone more. America is where you go when your in the desert and need your life saved. America is where you go when your own countries universal health care fails you. Now thanks to Chicargos finest we will be bankrupt and waiting to die like the rest of the world.. Snowe is not a good republican as she based her decision on this bill through rose colored glasses. Republician do not NOT want everyone to have health care.We just don't want government run and intervention. Health Insurances laws need to change.Competition is good. Even Obama will not have his family under a plan he is foisting upon this country. We need good Republicans who are willing to stand up for the American people who want doctors treating them not Uncle Sam. Medicare and Social Security failures. Universal healthcare inferior. Have we lost our ever loving minds???
    Posted by Heathazrealm[/QUOTE]

What the heck are you complaining about?

America's voice is being ignored as we elected a man to bring hope and change.

No.  Most americans recognize that insurance companies are out of control, and must be reined in. Maybe you want to be told you are uninsurable because of your pre-existing condition, but most people do not. Maybe you like your 10-15% yearly premium raise, but most don't. 

...a health care system that will fail to cover everyone but cost everyone more.

So, if you mean what you wrote, I think you may like better a more robust HC reform. I think you will like a single payer universal HC system, a Medicare for all system, like Canada. I agree.  This would be a better proposal, but the neurotic reactionary will start hyperventilating if anybody proposes it.  These systems cost much less than anything we have, cover everybody, and have better outcomes (longer and healthier life).  Maybe in a couple of decades when people become a bit smarter.

Republician do not NOT want everyone to have health care.

Seems like a true statement, unfortunately.  That is why they have become totally out of wack.  Teddy Roosevelt is turning in his grave for what happened to a once sane party.

We just don't want government run and intervention.

Please, then, I would like you to give up your Medicare.  Are you ready for a $100k per year premium when you are 75y ?

Health Insurances laws need to change.

Exactly what the proposals are doing.

Competition is good.

I agree.  That is why we need a public OPTION, available everywhere in the country and to everybody, that can compete with the insurance companies.

Even Obama will not have his family under a plan he is foisting upon this country.

Of course he will.  All insurance plans will have to abide by the new regulations. Basically, it provide more protection for consumers.  Do you even know anything about what you are writing about?  Do you know anything about any of the plans in House pr Senate?

Medicare and Social Security failures. Universal healthcare inferior.

Failures?  What do you think your life expectancy be without them.  Try to compare ANY country with these systems vs. those without them. Do you think you are somehow genetically entitled to live to late 70's?  Get some perspective.
    You seem to be advocating for a Laos/Pakistan/Sierra Leone/Chad/etc. system.  I am sure you will not like the results. Get some perspective!

Have we lost our ever loving minds???

Not much of a loss for some.  You do not seem to have much to start with anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heathazrealm. Show Heathazrealm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Republican : What the heck are you complaining about? America's voice is being ignored as we elected a man to bring hope and change. No.  Most americans recognize that insurance companies are out of control, and must be reined in. Maybe you want to be told you are uninsurable because of your pre-existing condition, but most people do not. Maybe you like your 10-15% yearly premium raise, but most don't.  ...a health care system that will fail to cover everyone but cost everyone more. So, if you mean what you wrote, I think you may like better a more robust HC reform. I think you will like a single payer universal HC system, a Medicare for all system, like Canada. I agree.  This would be a better proposal, but the neurotic reactionary will start hyperventilating if anybody proposes it.  These systems cost much less than anything we have, cover everybody, and have better outcomes (longer and healthier life).  Maybe in a couple of decades when people become a bit smarter. Republician do not NOT want everyone to have health care. Seems like a true statement, unfortunately.  That is why they have become totally out of wack.  Teddy Roosevelt is turning in his grave for what happened to a once sane party. We just don't want government run and intervention. Please, then, I would like you to give up your Medicare.  Are you ready for a $100k per year premium when you are 75y ? Health Insurances laws need to change. Exactly what the proposals are doing. Competition is good. I agree.  That is why we need a public OPTION, available everywhere in the country and to everybody, that can compete with the insurance companies. Even Obama will not have his family under a plan he is foisting upon this country. Of course he will.  All insurance plans will have to abide by the new regulations. Basically, it provide more protection for consumers.  Do you even know anything about what you are writing about?  Do you know anything about any of the plans in House pr Senate? Medicare and Social Security failures. Universal healthcare inferior. Failures?  What do you think your life expectancy be without them.  Try to compare ANY country with these systems vs. those without them. Do you think you are somehow genetically entitled to live to late 70's?  Get some perspective. You seem to be advocating for a Laos/Pakistan/Sierra Leone/Chad/etc. system.  I am sure you will not like the results. Get some perspective! Have we lost our ever loving minds??? Not much of a loss for some.  You do not seem to have much to start with anyway.
    Posted by Charles2008[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your notes Charles.
    Obama does not have the answer. Otherwise he would of been able to clearly define it as he campaigned it across this country and on his cherry picked media outlets.
    True I do not have the answer nor do Republicans at this time.  It doesn't mean you close the shades/doors Chicago style and getter done. His need to foist this upon the country since he has failed at everything else in his 9 month reign of illustrates his immense ego.
    I struggle to get by and have chronic health issues. Nobody but a PhD/MD is going to dictate my health care and that should go for everyone.
    You and your red lettering make it sound as if you are speaking for the masses.
    What Obama has proposed has brought people who never voted republican and/or swatted a fly to Washington DC to denounce his weakening of America.
    Just today in California another Obama protest and he whining about the left and right because he has not kept a single promise to either.
    Hope and change  ...yah cause now the dollars gone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

You do realize he was elected to do this, among other things.  Your language about "liberals" and "dictating" health care suggests you're full of it, but you write coherently so I think you're merely tempted by the dark side.  Keep in mind that the health care status quo is bankrupting the country.  If we had fixed it 10 years ago there would not have been a 2008 recession.  Yes, the impact to the economy is that big.  It is the biggest segment of the economy and expanding faster and faster.  Have they solved the problem yet?  Not by any stretch, but ignoring the problem is absolutely the worst strategy imagineable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heathazrealm. Show Heathazrealm's posts

[QUOTE]You do realize he was elected to do this, among other things.  Your language about "liberals" and "dictating" health care suggests you're full of it, but you write coherently so I think you're merely tempted by the dark side.  Keep in mind that the health care status quo is bankrupting the country.  If we had fixed it 10 years ago there would not have been a 2008 recession.  Yes, the impact to the economy is that big.  It is the biggest segment of the economy and expanding faster and faster.  Have they solved the problem yet?  Not by any stretch, but ignoring the problem is absolutely the worst strategy imagineable.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE

What can I say?
    I get a little fiery!Its like deja vu forcing another weak at best, far from defined and enormously expensive bill that may not even cover every American is frightening!
    Slow down!!!
    Maybe if Obama believed in what he was proposing he would be able to convey that to the masses.
    Obama needs to have the patience he allows himself with commiting troops Afganistan to health care reform

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I was flabbergasted that when they finally were in a position to propose a health care bill they looked like they were caught off guard.  Firstly, Obama should not have let the "death panel" thing fester for a month.  He should have gone on TV right away and worked his magic.  Secondly, I can not believe that nobody in Congress or the administration had tried to write something up before July 2009.  The Baucus bill is a compromise and is just the latest incarnation.  It won't do what we need to have done and I hope it fails.  Hilary tried to write up something quickly back in 1993 when health care costs were only 9% of GDP.  Now they are twice as much and still it seems like no one has really taken even a couple of days time to analyze this problem.  Just as Bush ruined his goodwill after 9/11 by invading the wrong country, I feel Obama has wasted his goodwill by coming to class unprepared.  This really isn't rocket science, but even a high school kid starts working on an english paper before it is due.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from omphalos204. Show omphalos204's posts

1) One MAJOR promise of the Obama campaign was to END INSURANCE AS WE KNOW IT, and let us all recall he did WIN the election, against all odds, because the MAJORITY of us DO WANT TO HAVE AFFORDABLE MEDICAL CARE, hello.
    And having a PUBLIC OPTION is a critical part of that. And I hope that everyone in public service is REQUIRED to take the public option, ALL politicians. That way if anything IS wrong with the public option, it will get remedied rapidly, lol.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]One MAJOR promise of the Obama campaign was to END INSURANCE AS WE KNOW IT Uhm, no, he is bending over backwards to say the polar opposite.  Perhaps you think he is lying? “Nobody is talking about some government takeover of health care.  If you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep our plan.  Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” let us all recall he did WIN the election, against all odds Against all odds?  Fire your bookie, he's an idiot And having a PUBLIC OPTION is a critical part of that Tell the senate democrats.  THEY are your problem.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Greg, we have to encourage Dems in Congress to fight each other to the death to get what they want.  I hope not one dem gives in.  No compromise Dems, no prisoners!!! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Republican : Thanks for your notes Charles. Obama does not have the answer. Otherwise he would of been able to clearly define it as he campaigned it across this country and on his cherry picked media outlets. True I do not have the answer nor do Republicans at this time.  It doesn't mean you close the shades/doors Chicago style and getter done. His need to foist this upon the country since he has failed at everything else in his 9 month reign of illustrates his immense ego. I struggle to get by and have chronic health issues. Nobody but a PhD/MD is going to dictate my health care and that should go for everyone. You and your red lettering make it sound as if you are speaking for the masses. What Obama has proposed has brought people who never voted republican and/or swatted a fly to Washington DC to denounce his weakening of America. Just today in California another Obama protest and he whining about the left and right because he has not kept a single promise to either. Hope and change  ...yah cause now the dollars gone!
    Posted by Heathazrealm[/QUOTE]

His need to foist this upon the country since he has failed at everything else in his 9 month reign of illustrates his immense ego.

If you really expected these things to already been done in less than 9 months, in the middle of our biggest ression since Great Depression, you are either naive or not open to honest dialog.
    Listen, HC is the most complex issue to be tackled by the federal. It has been wanted and planned for for the last 100 years. Teddy Roosevelt wanted to do it, so did FDR , Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon and Clinton.  None was able to get half as far as we are today. It is a no brainer, but that has too many people with economic stake in the status quo. It is also too easy wip up a frenzy scaring people.  Death Panels anybody?
    Even Medicare was a sh-t fight in the 60's.  Do you hear anybody screaming to get rid of it.  Certainly nobody who running for any office.  In Canada or UK/Autralia/etc. , do you think the Conservatives are fighting against their universal HC system?  Or even advocating any scale back?  Not a chance.  This is one thing that once it happens, people will just say to themselves how could we ever been against this. 
    Not even with the Public option, none of the proposals even even moderately robust. What they are doing is holding down only the most atrocious abuses of insurance companies and some really over the top abuses.

Nobody but a PhD/MD is going to dictate my health care and that should go for everyone.

I agree.  But right now (unless you are on Medicare), you have your insurance company between you and your doctor, AND, their PROFIT is at stake if you spend too much.  Their profit is better IF they can deny you a procedure, regardless of how much you may need it.  I do not want PROFIT incentive between me and my doctor.  Why is it hard for some to understand this BASIC concept?

You and your red lettering make it sound as if you are speaking for the masses.

NO. I speak only for myself, and I also THINK for myself. I can read numbers, data and stats, and I can compare to other systems around the world and I the disadvantage we put on ourselves just to maintain our system.  I am also very well traveled, and I have seen how other industrialized countries work. 
    I am also a business owner, and I employ people here and in 5 other countries.  I can compare what we oblige our business to deal with here vs in other industrialized countries.

Additionally, my position on this issue has changed 180 deg in the last decade.  The data are not even close any more. It is that bad, and it has become extremely obvious.  It is a now no brainer. Benchmark comparisons are shocking, and the current system has become a massive drain on our economy.  You cannot allow a service segment of the economy to grow so much out of control. We are at 18% of GDP (read 1 out of every 6 dollars produced by us goes to this segment), while other industrialized countries are at 6-9% (and still live longer and healthier lives).  The biggest difference between us and them is that we have an insurance company  between us and our doctors, that collects our money, keep some of it for them, and pays the rest for service.

How much more do you need to keep being hit in the head before you say DUH!

So, I am not just listening to talk show hosts and spewing back what they tell me.  This is my own formed opinion, well researched and analyzed, and what it has become is so obvious that it even made me totally change opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts