Government shutdown complaint board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hilarious. Show Hilarious's posts

Re: Government shutdown complaint board

The Affordable Care Act that was passed is not being implemented as what was passed.  Some unions, some businesses, and congress have been designated as being exempt and they were not shown as exempt when the law passed.  The President has tweaked to change the original law which makes it unconstitutional.  Fair is fair.  If it is implemented as the original bill, that would be okay, but with the changes I want the Republicans to keep challenging that. Also, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosie, and Mitch McConnell needs to go home and retire.  They are only adding to the problem. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjheckma. Show rjheckma's posts

In response to L142's comment:

The democrats not negotiating on any proposals, and then blaming the tea party faction & others is despicable.  The Dems rammed thru Obamacare with all democratic votes & now even they don't want it.  Obama is once again on the golf course, reid shut down the senate all weekend & returns hours before a shutdown.  The Dems will not compromise & play the blame game, all the while hoping for a shutdown.  Well they got what they wanted & I blame them.

I think when the subject of healthcare was brought to the floor of Congress Republicans were in lock step opposition to any and all Democrat initiatives. So spoke Mitch McConnell. What truly is amazing is that the framework is from a conservative think tank. So I guess my position is opposite yours. It's Republicans obstructing as they have for 5 years. That they are holding our country hostage on legislation they could have participated in a long time ago, simply doesn't make any sense to me. So let's take the government down. Today, tomorrow and any chance we get. You have your opinion, mine is single payer and sane governance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texasfan25. Show Texasfan25's posts

In response to cmansj's comment:

The Affordable Care Act of 2012 is a law, passed by the citizens of the USA and should stay as such.  Members of the House and Congress who delay our government should be penalized with fines from their very own pocket for putting our government in jeopardy.

Congress passed the ACA, not "citizens".  It was done so when the Democrats had super majorities in both houses in Congress. In 2012 "citizens" took the super majority in the Senate away from the Democrats and gave the House to the Republicans. Thus the current stalemate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from swirygirl. Show swirygirl's posts

I would like to start a new movement.  In the next election, zero incumbent victories. ZERO...I don't care how long or how little you've been there, your experience means nothing.  You have failed at your job, failed to lead and failed to work together.  You have failed your people and you have failed your country.  Failure isn't always a bad thing---good can come of it.  But our current leaders have been failing for some time now and shown zero ability to change.  There has been no progess towards improving transparency or the processes that keep this great country running.  It's time to send them back to the real world and learn to relate to real people----they can try to run again after gaining additional experience.

I don't care if you're a Republican or if you're a Demorcrat, this is our country, not theirs.  This is a decision that we as voters can make---roll the dice people...Let's do it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RCC02150. Show RCC02150's posts

Any sane person would be in lock step opposition to Obamacare (34 Democrats also voted against the insane bill) and it barely passed the Democratically controlled House in 2010.  Who in his/her right mind would sign a contract without reading it?!!

In response to rjheckma's comment:

[QUOTE]

The democrats not negotiating on any proposals, and then blaming the tea party faction & others is despicable.  The Dems rammed thru Obamacare with all democratic votes & now even they don't want it.  Obama is once again on the golf course, reid shut down the senate all weekend & returns hours before a shutdown.  The Dems will not compromise & play the blame game, all the while hoping for a shutdown.  Well they got what they wanted & I blame them.

I think when the subject of healthcare was brought to the floor of Congress Republicans were in lock step opposition to any and all Democrat initiatives. So spoke Mitch McConnell. What truly is amazing is that the framework is from a conservative think tank. So I guess my position is opposite yours. It's Republicans obstructing as they have for 5 years. That they are holding our country hostage on legislation they could have participated in a long time ago, simply doesn't make any sense to me. So let's take the government down. Today, tomorrow and any chance we get. You have your opinion, mine is single payer and sane governance.

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 148634. Show 148634's posts

so you have no probelm with the elected ones in washington being exempt, doesn't it kind of tell you something that those who created it don't even want it.. or the fact unions got to escape the tax till 2018 for voting for obama kind of smells of a crooked deal now doesn't it.. or maybe the fact so many back it but haven't a clue what is in it.. from all the reading i did on the bill i must be in the very small minority of those who even tried to read the entire mess. sort of like pelosi stating we don't know all the details in it but we need to pass it... the idea was good on merit but once it is fully exposed all the favors written itto it for backing the party make it wrong..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dayglo. Show dayglo's posts

Point of interest:

Congressmen/women and Senators, along with the President, Vice President, Agency Secretaries AND ALL their senior staffs are getting $paid and are ALSO getting the BEST Medical coverage available in the Country!.....but not the Zoo keepers????

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 148634. Show 148634's posts

see my health care is great, so why can't i keep it as is just like the elected ones in washington and the unions, oh wait i don't fall into a favored group of guarantee voters for dems. wait if you don't back it 100 % your either a racist or a tea party member sorry i am neither and think this bill has way to many kick backs that make it rotten to it's core.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bean24. Show bean24's posts

It should be a requirement that these people go to a compromise and team building class and PASS. This didn't happen over night. It took more than one person to make the economy the way it is. ENOUGH of the finger pointing. You should not be paid until you can do your job! Like every arguement - there are pros and cons....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grillmasters. Show Grillmasters's posts

Come election time I recommend all incumbent Congressmen and Senators be voted out!  They were elected by the people FOR the people.  Them with their 6 figure salaries, not negatively impacted by shutdown.  The American people have mortgages, car loans, bills, and food to put on the table.

SHAME on Washington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from warreng. Show warreng's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to Subcritical's comment:

[QUOTE]

Excuse me, but there has been an election both for the office of President as well as Senate and House seats.  In all three, republicans lost more seats in Congress and the bid for president even though they ran on opposition to ObamaCare. 

The majority just spoke less than a year ago and re-elected Obama and put more democrats in office knowing that ObamaCare would be supported.

The radical minority TEA Party faction of the republican party is way out of line, dangerous and clearly out of control.  They essentially have held this nation hostage at gun point because they can't get their own, dangerous way.

It is clear they need to be voted out in 2014 as they are a menace to this Nation's integrity.

51% of the electorate voted for this fool. They don`t even know what Obamacare is.  60% of the AMERICAN PEOPLE are against Obamacare and have been since it`s inception.  They still are today.  It costs $1.8 TRILLION and is destroying jobs. 

If you think for one second the misinformed, uneducated, welfare-ites, that voted for Obama in November know anything other than their need to keep their EBT cards coming......you`re sadly mistaken.

2014 will be a Republican sweep in huge numbers.

[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA that's laughable...republican's in huge numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from warreng. Show warreng's posts

this Govt. gridlock is shameful and despicable on both sides. Its time the congress govern based on their constituent's want's/needs as opposed to outdated, stale party ideology.

Vote all these clowns in both parties out of office until they actually start representing the people.

This era in US politics will go down as one of the most shameful in history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbsteve. Show mtbsteve's posts

The fact that those who passed it have exempted themselves proves exactly how much of a boondoggle this whole thing is!

Also, time to realize that the medical device tax increase is not good for med device manufacturers, especially local ones who are already squeezed or are just trying to get started in the business. Higher prices equal higher insurance premiums or less R&D budget to develop new life-saving products/services, who wins?  Not us.  Just like full time retail jobs going part time to avoid Obamacare, you will see negative implications.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm97. Show jm97's posts

In response to BDCEditor's comment:

The government may be partially closed, but we're not. Should President Obama renegotiate Obamacare or are the Republican faction in the House wrong to hold the government "hostage," as the President has said. Sound off here about the government shutdown.

The Republicans are trying to invalidate a legally enacted law of the United States.  Their idea of renegotiation is to not enact the law.  President Obama should not cave in to Tea Party blackmail techniques.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from client09. Show client09's posts

You either have the votes or you don't.

If they had the votes, they would't need to resort to holding the government hostage as a "negotiating tactic."

Act like a civilized person and admit temporary defeat until you have the votes to repeal the law. This isn't that tricky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Donkeyandshrek. Show Donkeyandshrek's posts

Only reason the law was passed was on a procedural vote - Devaluation ran Kirk down there before S Brown was sworn in to protect the vote.

Both sides are to blame:

1. Potus played golf Sat & Sun

2. Senate stayed away until 2pm on Monday - hope they too had a nice weekend

3. House Members - should have asked for delay and no exemption sooner

This is a paid vacation for Govt employees who will all get their salary back paid when shxt down is over.  Govt employees who work past mandated union hours each day will get over time pay so its a win for them too. 

The loosers are the tourists or the guy selling cheap flags and trickets

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from drummerboybac. Show drummerboybac's posts

From my understanding,  Gov't employees I have spoken to will not be getting back pay.  They were told they would get 2 hours pay today to have an orderly shut down, then thats it.

In response to Donkeyandshrek's comment:

Only reason the law was passed was on a procedural vote - Devaluation ran Kirk down there before S Brown was sworn in to protect the vote.

Both sides are to blame:

This is a paid vacation for Govt employees who will all get their salary back paid when shxt down is over.  Govt employees who work past mandated union hours each day will get over time pay so its a win for them too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrambled-eggs. Show scrambled-eggs's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to Subcritical's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Excuse me, but there has been an election both for the office of President as well as Senate and House seats.  In all three, republicans lost more seats in Congress and the bid for president even though they ran on opposition to ObamaCare. 

The majority just spoke less than a year ago and re-elected Obama and put more democrats in office knowing that ObamaCare would be supported.

The radical minority TEA Party faction of the republican party is way out of line, dangerous and clearly out of control.  They essentially have held this nation hostage at gun point because they can't get their own, dangerous way.

It is clear they need to be voted out in 2014 as they are a menace to this Nation's integrity.

51% of the electorate voted for this fool. They don`t even know what Obamacare is.  60% of the AMERICAN PEOPLE are against Obamacare and have been since it`s inception.  They still are today.  It costs $1.8 TRILLION and is destroying jobs. 

If you think for one second the misinformed, uneducated, welfare-ites, that voted for Obama in November know anything other than their need to keep their EBT cards coming......you`re sadly mistaken.

2014 will be a Republican sweep in huge numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Clearly, Republicans are against health care for the poor. 'Live Rich or Die' is the motto for the House majority. The 'sweep' will be the elitists being brushed out the door.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from egomaniac. Show egomaniac's posts

If these boneheads are willing to play with people's lives for a pointless political pissing contest, then they are clearly the least essential workers in the government and should be first to have their pay and benefits stripped away from them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from barryandews. Show barryandews's posts

Selective memory

Citizen's United is also settled law but the libs keep whining about that...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rh404. Show Rh404's posts

The Dems don't need to negotiate or compromise on any of these bills in the senate that all should be done in the house before the bills are sent to the senate. the house needs to summit bills like they are doing but the republican house members are not negotiating with the democat house members and are summiting bills on party lines And the senate will either accept or reject it and send the bill back to the house to be rewritten.  just think once this is settled we can do it all over again in 6 weeks the the republicans can shut down the country again because the senate won't pass a bill that overturn roe v. Wade, cut taxes, deport poor and elderly people and forces President Obama to resign the list will go on and on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from barryandews. Show barryandews's posts

In response to scrambled-eggs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

30 million poor will remain uninsured after this fiasco is in full effect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Donkeyandshrek. Show Donkeyandshrek's posts

In response to drummerboybac's comment:

They will get their pay owed as normal - if not, all the union hacks will strike - not one union hack will miss any pay when this is resolved in a few days (hours)

From my understanding,  Gov't employees I have spoken to will not be getting back pay.  They were told they would get 2 hours pay today to have an orderly shut down, then thats it.

In response to Donkeyandshrek's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both sides are to blame:

[/QUOTE]