Government shutdown complaint board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxwinitall07. Show soxwinitall07's posts

Re: Government shutdown complaint board

In response to truefaith's comment:

In response to L142's comment:

The democrats not negotiating on any proposals, and then blaming the tea party faction & others is despicable.  The Dems rammed thru Obamacare with all democratic votes & now even they don't want it.  Obama is once again on the golf course, reid shut down the senate all weekend & returns hours before a shutdown.  The Dems will not compromise & play the blame game, all the while hoping for a shutdown.  Well they got what they wanted & I blame them.

You are completely delusional if you think the Tea Baggers aren't responsible for this mess. All the Speaker had to do was hold one vote and it wouldn't have happened, but he knew his own party would support the Democrats to avoid a shutdown and he would have lost his job. One orange-skinned guy afraid for his job is capitulating to a small faction of domestic terrorists in the GOP who haven't legislated a thing since coming to Washington. These GOP crazies have only one adgenda - take down Obama and get that black guy out of the White House. Regardless of the fact that every poll shows Americans want the Affordable Health Care Law and the majority of voters elected Obama TWICE to get it, you racist troglodites just refuse to accept the truth. 

Your delusional.  220 represenatives voted against funding Obamacare, and for good reasons.  Surely the president can make the needed modifications necessary to convert at least a few of these votes?  But he won't.  So here we are, nothing gets passed.  If Obama wasn't such a idealog, he would be seeking out those 10-15 votes in the house and figuring out what he could do to change to get their vote.   It's Obama that wants the shutdown, otherwise he would have negotiated a long time ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rental. Show rental's posts

Shitting down Non Estential Government is a Great thing.  We have a $16 Trillion Dollar Deficit and our Children are going to be paying higher taxes for the rest of there lives because of this debt.  Please tell me one Doctor who supports Obamacare??  Please tell me one hosptial that supports Obamacare?  This is a Flawed law which should of never of passed.  Hey we can layoff the 800000 government workers to Fund Obamacare...  The people of MA elect the dumbest people to represent them in Washington DC...  Ed Markey has IQ of Hay Rake and he is our US Senator...  These types of USE LESS HACKS we elect, cause our problems. We have no one to blame but our selves for the problems in Washington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hilarious. Show Hilarious's posts

The President is arrogant, unable to get our country back on track and people love him.  I did not realize he could be so popular with an economy in the dumpster. He also lies like a rug.  By the time he leaves office, people will think he is worse than Jimmy Carter.  Wait and see. I want him to get us back on track, but it is not looking good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

This is not the Democrat's or Republican's faults.....this is completely OUR fault!  We knew what we were getting with this guy.  We KNEW healthcare insurance costs were going to go through the roof, that coverages were going to get slashed, and that it was going to ammount to healthcare rationing.  We KNEW those who pay nothing would continue to pay nothing, and that those politicians who were touting this healthcare bunk as a good thing would not even have to live by the same rules!  We voted these bufoons in....and we continue to do so!  Is there any doubt at which way Elizabeth Warren will vote on these issues?  She will look at the big zero and which ever way he says to vote, she will vote.  Same with Markey.  These politicians do not represent the honest working class.  They represent unions, special interests, and the slugs of society...paid for on the backs of the middle class. 

We need to band together to throw the whole bunch out on their ear!  In the meantime, these politicians and unions who are touting Obamacare as the nirvana should be made to have to live with the same healthcare rules we live by.  See how long that would last!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama is waiting for Putin to save him again.......in the interim I'm guessing a speech is coming soon....he has a tendency to whine in a speech rather than take on issues head on...

Obama,......a real leader would call a meeting and tell the republican and dem congressional leaders they arent leaving the room until a solution is reached....but instead i bet you'll do what you always do...give a speech...speech, speech, speech, speech!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from client09. Show client09's posts

Look, I'm ambivalent on Obamacare. It's not really going to change things for me or most of the people I know... but someone has got to explain why the President should negotiate with those who have taken the government hostage because they don't have the votes to repeal the law.

You either have the votes or you don't. Enough with the sour grapes... wake me up when they have the votes to repeal the law. Until then, how about Congress deal with the TEN THOUSAND others things that need to be fixed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from humina123. Show humina123's posts

In response to cmansj's comment:

The Affordable Care Act of 2012 is a law, passed by the citizens of the USA and should stay as such.  Members of the House and Congress who delay our government should be penalized with fines from their very own pocket for putting our government in jeopardy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from humina123. Show humina123's posts

[QUOTE]

The Affordable Care Act of 2012 is a law, passed by the citizens of the USA and should stay as such.  Members of the House and Congress who delay our government should be penalized with fines from their very own pocket for putting our government in jeopard

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepublic. Show joepublic's posts

Obama is doing what he always does....when there is credit to be had....he says "I" "I" "I", when there is blame, it is always "they" "they" "they".  "we" "we" "we" should have voted him out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

The democrats not negotiating on any proposals, and then blaming the tea party faction & others is despicable.  The Dems rammed thru Obamacare with all democratic votes & now even they don't want it.  Obama is once again on the golf course, reid shut down the senate all weekend & returns hours before a shutdown.  The Dems will not compromise & play the blame game, all the while hoping for a shutdown.  Well they got what they wanted & I blame them.

What don't you understand. This law was passed and upheld as Constitutional. Congress needs to be held accountable. They cannot pick and choose which laws they like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from humina123. Show humina123's posts

Passed by the citizens of the USA?  What are you smoking?   This law is a piece of garbage rammed down the throats of everyone by vote-buying democrats.   It was a party lines vote and I can understand why the republicans are so against it. How about coming up with something that has some support from each party?  For crying out loud, these idiot politicians didn't even read this law in its entirety!   Why don't we all ask the question of the politicians that love this affordable care act:  "Mr. Congress person, did you read this d..............ed law personally from cover to cover before supporting it? "  The honest answer for most of them would be no.  They are too busy fund raising and golfing, and acting like fools.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostoncomreader. Show bostoncomreader's posts

I am wondering how many of those ObamaCare apologists were going to enroll themselves into it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver1. Show madriver1's posts

Those that think that one-half of one-third of or government can be in charge have not read the Constitution. 

Extortion is unconstitutional. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill of Rights. Show Bill of Rights's posts

i do not want to deal with government bureaucrats for my personal health care.  I don't want my private information, shared only with my doctor up until now, made available to these bureaucrats.  Ever heard of wikileaks?  Snowden?  Need I say more?

This Obamacare is a huge government overreach and needs to be permanently repealed.

Do not tell me it's the law of the land when you spend so much time trying to overturn the Bill of Rights, a.k.a., the oldest laws of the land!

And as a taxpayer, I do not want members of Congress and their staff to be subsidized for their healthcare.  Why should I pay extra for them not to be thrown into the obamacare cesspool witht he rest of America? 

I think we have reached the tipping point.  I can see why the government is trying to buy up all the amunition and Obama is spending so much time trying to overturn the 2nd amendment. 

Nobody trusts the government, and with good reason.  Let's resolve Fast & Furious, Benghazigate, NSAgate, IRSgate, DOJgate - let's get some answers, then let's talk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingRasco. Show KingRasco's posts

I have no complaints.  The government should shut down permanently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cobbie2. Show cobbie2's posts

Our President is on tv wasting time by telling everyone what we already know - tell him to get to work & solve this problem- & shame on the TV producers & media for letting him get away with it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from powermanchief. Show powermanchief's posts

We must STOP the Professional politician all great governments have been destroyed by Professional politician.  BF

a person whose sole employment is political in nature, usually elected to office and collects a salary, but may collect donations from individuals, organizations and corporations.  (we the people must place limits on all)

1st limit to become a politician you must live in the real world for 8 years.

Mark E. Payton

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hadji. Show hadji's posts

In response to 666NSABenghazi666BarryRedLine's comment:

Um, sorry. We the people gave the GOP an enormous majority in the House to stop ObamaCare, and this is what they are doing.

More people voted for Democrats than Republicans in the House. The only reason they have more members is because of the gerrymandering that has occurred at the state level.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rwc2. Show rwc2's posts

In response to T.H. III's comment:

the apprentice president did one thing,poorly,( why do you think Hillery studied gov. heath care for 4 years and untold millions spent and came up with no answer?)  she knew  it was a disaster .

WHY DID CONGRESS VOTE TO EXEMPT THEMSELVES??

GREAT IDEA, NOT IMPLEMENTABLE WITH OUT FAILURE.

Well, lets see, both of your points are factually wrong. Hillary didn't know it was a "disaster", she just couldn't get the votes in a Congress controlled by the special interests.

And then "congress exempting themselves" is a farcical claim made repeatedly by the far right that fact-checking organizations have repeatedly shown not to be true. The law requires that people get health insurance, either through the exchanges or through their employer, where most people still get it, INCLUDING federal employees and MEMBERS OF CONGRESS. The move among Republicans in Congress to force members to "take Obamacare" is simply a ruse to confuse people like you. What they really are proposing is to take away their employer-based insurance and forcing them into the exchanges without any subsidies, because they make too much. It's a farce. This claim is no more true than the Palin "death panels."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hadji. Show hadji's posts

By the way, to everyone who claims the Democrats are the ones who refuse to negotiate:

The Senate passed a budget SIX MONTHS AGO and has been asking the House to negotiate with them the whole time so they could send it to the President. The GOP-led House has refused to even sit down with them, not even once, because they were so determined to hold the government hostage with the looming shutdown/debt ceiling. Anyone who claims it's the Democrats who refuse to negotiate are either lying or haven't read the whole story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from affluentB. Show affluentB's posts

GOP and Tea Party nuts wants Obama to fail and they will take down the government to succeed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davess23. Show davess23's posts

In response to headergirl's comment:

This congress has one agenda - to prevent President Obama from having any success while in office.  The current shutdown can only be blamed on Republicans and the 1% who pull their puppet strings. 

This shutdown is an outrage to every tax paying American.  Congress needs to be punished for these reprehensible actions.

When are the protest marches scheduled to begin?

Absolutely correct. Sick to death of these Republican extremists pulling stuff like this. No respect for the processes of government, nothing but contempt for those who disagree with them, and a level of cynicism that lets them manipulate our country's seemingly endless supply of kooks, religious nuts and crackpots to support their relentless pursuit of power.

I used to think Republicans, while generally anti-middle class, were sometimes acceptable alternatives to some of the more notably corrupt Democrats. But this has convinced me that Republicans simply don't care about America. I'm through with them, for life. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teheath. Show teheath's posts

The Affordable Care Act of 2012 is a law, passed by the citizens of the USA and should stay as such.  Members of the House and Congress who delay our government should be penalized with fines from their very own pocket for putting our government in jeopardy.

Passed by whom?  The citizens of the United States?  No passed by those who were sent there to represent them.  That being said, had this been put to the citizens of the United States I dare say it wouldn't have passed.  Of course the will of the people doesn't play much of a role Government anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teheath. Show teheath's posts

In response to rwc2's comment:

In response to T.H. III's comment:

the apprentice president did one thing,poorly,( why do you think Hillery studied gov. heath care for 4 years and untold millions spent and came up with no answer?)  she knew  it was a disaster .

WHY DID CONGRESS VOTE TO EXEMPT THEMSELVES??

GREAT IDEA, NOT IMPLEMENTABLE WITH OUT FAILURE.

Well, lets see, both of your points are factually wrong. Hillary didn't know it was a "disaster", she just couldn't get the votes in a Congress controlled by the special interests.

And then "congress exempting themselves" is a farcical claim made repeatedly by the far right that fact-checking organizations have repeatedly shown not to be true. The law requires that people get health insurance, either through the exchanges or through their employer, where most people still get it, INCLUDING federal employees and MEMBERS OF CONGRESS. The move among Republicans in Congress to force members to "take Obamacare" is simply a ruse to confuse people like you. What they really are proposing is to take away their employer-based insurance and forcing them into the exchanges without any subsidies, because they make too much. It's a farce. This claim is no more true than the Palin "death panels."

Are you really that far gone?  Do you believe for a second that organizations are going to continue to offer the same level of healthcare once Obamacare is in place?  Why would they?  They can get out from under the largest expense they face and pass it on to the people who pay taxes.  Sure they will pay a fine, but nothing compared to the liability they face already.  This is a perfect example of Government not trying to fix the problem, which is the high cost of healthcare, but effectively trying to take it over.  I think everyone will agree that the Government is not equipped to run like a business.  So why does anyone think they are equipped to handle the biggest nut out there, healthcare.  Bad idea no matter which side you fall on.  People just take their blinders off and look at it with logic.

Sections
Shortcuts