Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

http://www.history.com/topics/cinco-de-mayo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Just another excuse to drink heavily, not that I'm opposed to that in any way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!:
    Just another excuse to drink heavily, not that I'm opposed to that in any way.
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkinButler:

Well said. A couple shots of tequila and I do not care about much for some time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm looking forward to Bastille Day now although I have to admit that tequila is much more effective than a glass of Pinot Noir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

I'm looking forward to Bastille Day now although I have to admit that tequila is much more effective than a glass of Pinot Noir.
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

Then maybe you should think outside the box and go wild and go with something else but wine come Bastille Day, mais oui?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : StalkingButler: Then maybe you should think outside the box and go wild and go with something else but wine come Bastille Day, mais oui?
    Posted by andiejen

Perhaps a fine cognac then? Still, I'm looking forward to the holiday where it's manditory to drink some well aged bourbon wiskey. Say, when it Jim Bowie's birthday anyway? Damn, I'll even take David Bowie's birthday in a pinch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : Perhaps a fine cognac then? Still, I'm looking forward to the holiday where it's manditory to drink some well aged bourbon wiskey. Say, when it Jim Bowie's birthday anyway? Damn, I'll even take David Bowie's birthday in a pinch!
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

Does not Mardi Gras go with bourbon? I mean, you even go down Bourbon Street when you are there.

And Tom Waits wrote "Jockey Full of Bourbon". How about his birthday?

Not to discount the suggestion by WDYWN of course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to both the "no holiday necessary" and "mardi gras" suggestions... I'll drink to that!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to both the "no holiday necessary" and "mardi gras" suggestions... I'll drink to that!
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

Do not like Tom Waits????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Bottoms up :-)
    Posted by msobstinate99

Heh,

Happy to see you. I am just about to do just that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to "Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!":
    In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : StalkingButler: Do not like Tom Waits???? Posted by andiejen
    I'm a fan of Mr. Waits (and a huge fan of his gal pal Rickie Lee) and I suspect that he is no stranger to finding excellent reasons to spend the entire day at a local tavern. Warm beer and cold women, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to "Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!": I'm a fan of Mr. Waits (and a huge fan of his gal pal Rickie Lee) and I suspect that he is no stranger to finding excellent reasons to spend the entire day at a local tavern. Warm beer and cold women, right?
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

I have been told he has been known to imbibe frequently, and for long periods at a time.

As for the warm beer and cold women, well, those are not my preferences. I cannot drink beer or wine, so when offered, I just ask what that have in hard liquor. As for cold women, lucky for my husband, that is not the way I go.

So now all you need is his birth date. GOOGLE is a wonderful thing.

More posters should take a whack at this thread. The others are so dreadfully serious and nasty. Seems spring came in, and almost everyone lost their sense of humor.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : More posters should take a whack at this thread. The others are so dreadfully serious and nasty. Seems spring came in, and almost everyone lost their sense of humor. I'll drink to that!! WDYWN said he may skip posting til after the election (I doubt that) anywho, I may take up heavy drinking til after the election :-)
    Posted by msobstinate99

My posting is going to be even more sporadic than usual for a while as I'm finding that this work thing is interfering of both my drinking and chatting schedules. Oh well, someone's got to do it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

A Rock for the Forgotten by David and David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHqyZkhq8U

My favorite barfly song.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : My posting is going to be even more sporadic than usual for a while as I'm finding that this work thing is interfering of both my drinking and chatting schedules. Oh well, someone's got to do it.
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

Well, you cannot let that happen. We only live once as they say. Maybe you will start a movement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Speaking of drinks. Hingham woman accused of repeated OUI HINGHAM — A Hingham woman with three OUI convictions was arrested again Monday afternoon after an officer found her sitting behind the wheel of a running car and smelling of alcohol, police said. Joan M. McArdle, 54, of 47 East St., was released by the Hingham District Court clerk magistrate Monday night after posting $40 bail . She was due to be arraigned this morning on one charge of fourth-offence driving under the influence. Police said an officer was sent to the intersection of Emerald and Central streets around 1:45 p.m. Monday after someone reported that a suspicious vehicle had been stopped in the street for about 20 minutes. The officer found McArdle sitting behind the wheel of a 2002 Infiniti parked in the middle of the road with the engine running, near where children where playing, police said. The officer said McArdle smelled of alcohol, spoke with slurred speech and had glassy, bloodshot eyes. After she got out of the car, officers determined that she was too unsteady on her feet to safely perform a field sobriety test, police said. Police said McArdle admitted to drinking a “a glass of wine” before driving. Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x2069499507/Hingham-woman-accused-of-repeat-OUI#ixzz1uILlrWBn
    Posted by msobstinate99

msobstinate:

Not to be judmental but, pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

A Rock for the Forgotten by David and David http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHqyZkhq8U My favorite barfly song.
    Posted by StalkingButler

StalkingButler:

Thanks. Will give it a listen. Time to lighten up.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : Three DUI's and set loose on $40.00, or the equivilant of three bottles of wine.
    Posted by msobstinate99

msobstinate:

As I posted, pathetic. Her and the judge who set her rididiculously low bail. My family and yours drive the same streets. He has given her a license to kill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20120508/LOCAL07/305089969

– FORT WAYNE – Police have charged a man accused of driving three blocks with four young children strapped to the hood of his vehicle with driving while intoxicated and neglect of a dependent.

Fort Wayne police were called about 5:30 p.m. Monday after someone saw a man and woman strap four children to the hood of a car in the parking lot of a liquor store at 2116 Fairfield Ave. and then drive away, according to a statement from police spokesman John Chambers.

The witness told police he saw a man and woman using a tow strap to tie the children to the car and then drive away, police spokeswoman Foster said.

"Apparently they were traveling a short distance, and he believed they would enjoy it," Foster said.

She said a U.S. marshal overheard the police radio traffic, spotted the car and pulled it over.

Foster said she had no information about the children's reaction to the ride.

The man had a blood-alcohol content of 0.17 percent, more than twice Indiana's legal limit for driving, Foster said. The man and woman's relationship was unclear.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to "Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!":
    In Response to Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo! : Have you tried absinthe? Posted by movingtarget3
    Yes. Once. Hated it.

Sections
Shortcuts