Happy Thanksgiving!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving!:
    [QUOTE]How original. What's this the fourth or fifth time you've posted this thread? We get it already, you hate anyone who isn't a liberal. How sad for you that you live in such a bitter and hateful mindset.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]
    Hey Pinky, you either have multiple personalities or need new glasses. This is my first time posting Darlene McBride's Thanksgiving video. I know, she's a lot like Sarah "Caribou Barbie" Palin, and that bothers you wingnuts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! : You probably would have volunteered to command the Trail of Tears.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

LOL, great response, Reubenhop!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]Alleycat..cute video..but sadly there are probably people who would not understand the parody and would be nodding their heads in agreement. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...hope everyone has an enjoyable day and takes the time to remember that there are those who will not have the luxury of a bountiful Thanksgiving feast and the love of friends and family to share it with.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]
    Hey miscricket, hope your Thanksgiving went well. These Darlene McBride videos from MADtv make the wingnuts crazy! I guess they hit a nerve every time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hi Alleycat..thanks..my Thanksgiving was really nice..hectic but nice...you know it's been a successful holiday when the last guest leaves the next afternoon...lol At least this year I remembered the cranberry sauce ( actually..it was a cranberry pear chutney)...I hope yours was nice as well.
    The MadTV things are pretty funny...people need to lighten up and stop taking themselves so seriously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! : Hey miscricket, hope your Thanksgiving went well. These Darlene McBride videos from MADtv make the wingnuts crazy! I guess they hit a nerve every time!
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

They do?  I guess I'm just not with it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! :  I guess I'm just not with it. 
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Hey, we agree on something! :)......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hey guys. I just re-read all the posts. When did this particular discussion turn from kind of light hearted to name calling???

Undead describing his trial and tribulations every year with his in-laws...and his 2-fold plan of defense this year. Talking about the Lions-Packers game. Turkey. And cranberry sauce that goes Whoosh when it comes out of the can...which IMO means t is not sauce.

Just saying.  There are plenty of ingoing discussions where things are the usual. Just sad that this one is going that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I can finally sit in front of a computer again to type! 
     I had meant to do this sooner but misfortune hit on Saturday. I survived Thanksgiving but not the weekend as on Saturday I pulled a lumber muscle in my back and it has completely taken me out of commission until now. Still hurts like nobody's business but I can move around again. Figure I'll be back to full speed and motion by next weekend (it is feeling better compared to Saturday, however).

Thanksgiving came and went, surprisingly, quietly. 
     At my mother's place, my brother and I, once again, gave a first hand demonstration of how we got out of doing all the chores for the adults once the food hit the table (we were done with out plates when everyone else wasn't even 1/4 of the way through).
     Back at my place, the pain this year was someone (not at my place. They were across the street) took my parking spot, although I have to say I fully expected this as I was not going to be home to defend it.
     The troublemaker did talk to me but instead of insulting me she tried to give me financial advice and was telling me I was an idiot for dumping the Dunkin' Donut's shares I had (I dumped those over two months ago, and they're still worth less than what I paid for them initially). Never mind that I'm the one who works for a bank and understands how the market works.
     We had a discussion on finances and when she finally figured out that I was willing to watch the market on a daily basis to buy/sell she had no argument to argue with.
     No punches thrown, however, so all is good. After some help cleaning up I was finally able to get to the area of the house where the bedrooms are (was blocked by the table when I entered the house). 
     One surprising turn of events, though. I didn't control the remote until a while after I arrived. When I arrived, the kids had Nickleodeon on, and they were watching one of those completely clueless kids shows. At 1pm, it wasn't me, but one of my sister-in-laws who said:

Enough of this ****

and turned on the game. I was so happy I could cry.
     And once again, I gave a first hand demonstration of how fast I can eat a plate of food, for I came in just as they were hitting the 3/4 point of their meals and I was done before any of them.

As far as the pulled muscle goes, that happened after the festivities, but even this is not all bad. I had heard rumblings of a new time-based MMO based on The Godfather, and I found it (www.kabam.com).
     Warning to potential players, this one is not set up for noobs. Play it when you've gotten sick of Evony as you'll need to master supreme resource control or you'll run out fast and be stuck waiting and waiting and waiting to build.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! : Hey Pinky, you either have multiple personalities or need new glasses. This is my first time posting Darlene McBride's Thanksgiving video. I know, she's a lot like Sarah "Caribou Barbie" Palin, and that bothers you wingnuts!

You have posted similar threads before. 

Actually, what bothers me IS Palin. She's a fool. OOPS...that doesn't fit with your ASSumptions....D'oh!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE] I can finally sit in front of a computer again to type!   I had meant to do this sooner but misfortune hit on Saturday. I survived Thanksgiving but not the weekend as on Saturday I pulled a lumber muscle in my back and it has completely taken me out of commission until now. Still hurts like nobody's business but I can move around again. Figure I'll be back to full speed and motion by next weekend (it is feeling better compared to Saturday, however).  Thanksgiving came and went, surprisingly, quietly.   At my mother's place, my brother and I, once again, gave a first hand demonstration of how we got out of doing all the chores for the adults once the food hit the table (we were done with out plates when everyone else wasn't even 1/4 of the way through).  Back at my place, the pain this year was someone (not at my place. They were across the street) took my parking spot, although I have to say I fully expected this as I was not going to be home to defend it.  The troublemaker did talk to me but instead of insulting me she tried to give me financial advice and was telling me I was an idiot for dumping the Dunkin' Donut's shares I had (I dumped those over two months ago, and they're still worth less than what I paid for them initially). Never mind that I'm the one who works for a bank and understands how the market works.  We had a discussion on finances and when she finally figured out that I was willing to watch the market on a daily basis to buy/sell she had no argument to argue with.  No punches thrown, however, so all is good. After some help cleaning up I was finally able to get to the area of the house where the bedrooms are (was blocked by the table when I entered the house).   One surprising turn of events, though. I didn't control the remote until a while after I arrived. When I arrived, the kids had Nickleodeon on, and they were watching one of those completely clueless kids shows. At 1pm, it wasn't me, but one of my sister-in-laws who said:  Enough of this ****  and turned on the game. I was so happy I could cry.  And once again, I gave a first hand demonstration of how fast I can eat a plate of food, for I came in just as they were hitting the 3/4 point of their meals and I was done before any of them.  As far as the pulled muscle goes, that happened after the festivities, but even this is not all bad. I had heard rumblings of a new time-based MMO based on The Godfather, and I found it ( www.kabam.com).  Warning to potential players, this one is not set up for noobs. Play it when you've gotten sick of Evony as you'll need to master supreme resource control or you'll run out fast and be stuck waiting and waiting and waiting to build.  
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

What can one say. Good news. Thanksgiving went well. Bad news. Your back.

Glad you got to see the game. Victory over the remote. Suggestion. If your home has only one TV I would make a 2nd TV the gift that Santa brings this year. Even if it means no other gifts. Yikes. 

Have no idea about the Godfather part except the movies and you must be talking about some kind of game. Enjoy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! :   What can one say. Good news. Thanksgiving went well. Bad news. Your back. Glad you got to see the game. Victory over the remote. Suggestion. If your home has only one TV I would make a 2nd TV the gift that Santa brings this year. Even if it means no other gifts. Yikes.  Have no idea about the Godfather part except the movies and you must be talking about some kind of game. Enjoy.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]
    Andie, you are getting good at this. Keep up the good work. I'm impressed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thanksgiving! : Andie, you are getting good at this. Keep up the good work. I'm impressed.

AlleyCat:

Thank you. Remember...it was Sister and you that got me into the forums.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

The Godfather reference is to the mmorpg that's on kabam.com. Real-time based mmo, and this one is not for beginners. Play Evony if you don't know what kind of game this is and are interested in it as it has more options to get you going faster.
     A real-time MMO is perfect for people who can't play games all the time. This is because you build buildings and armies to stay alive and get more options. Each time you upgrade a building or build something, it takes a certain amount of time, and the larger an army or better a building gets, the longer it takes to build it (first building may take 20 seconds. Level 5 of the same building will take 8 or 10 minutes).
     The reason I say that the Godfather game is not for beginners is that there is no known way of building more than one building at a time and also no way to buy, sell, or transfer resources between players or NPCs. This means it takes much longer to build up your city to sustain itself than it would in other games.
     On the + side, initial city protection is 7 days, which is about what you need to get a decent army together for defense.
     For the first 3 days, you'll be on a lot as it doesn't take that long to build stuff, but eventually it'll take some buildings more than 100 hours to build, thus the reason I say this is perfect for people who work or are busy and can't constantly check the screen.
     If you're on the game, I'm on the newest server. Look for nagash (I don't have my coordinates on the map handy). If you'd like to know more about what this type of game is (real-time MMO) then send me a message or respond to this and I'll explain it, although the simple way to do this is to say it's the Sims on crack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE] The Godfather reference is to the mmorpg that's on kabam.com. Real-time based mmo, and this one is not for beginners. Play Evony if you don't know what kind of game this is and are interested in it as it has more options to get you going faster.  A real-time MMO is perfect for people who can't play games all the time. This is because you build buildings and armies to stay alive and get more options. Each time you upgrade a building or build something, it takes a certain amount of time, and the larger an army or better a building gets, the longer it takes to build it (first building may take 20 seconds. Level 5 of the same building will take 8 or 10 minutes).  The reason I say that the Godfather game is not for beginners is that there is no known way of building more than one building at a time and also no way to buy, sell, or transfer resources between players or NPCs. This means it takes much longer to build up your city to sustain itself than it would in other games.  On the + side, initial city protection is 7 days, which is about what you need to get a decent army together for defense.  For the first 3 days, you'll be on a lot as it doesn't take that long to build stuff, but eventually it'll take some buildings more than 100 hours to build, thus the reason I say this is perfect for people who work or are busy and can't constantly check the screen.  If you're on the game, I'm on the newest server. Look for nagash (I don't have my coordinates on the map handy). If you'd like to know more about what this type of game is (real-time MMO) then send me a message or respond to this and I'll explain it, although the simple way to do this is to say it's the Sims on crack.  
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

undead:

Thank you very much. Sounds like something new for me that would be interesting to try. As long as I do not hose my computer, cannot see any downside.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I can honestly say that I've never had any computer problems related to playing either Evony or Godfather.
     I believe you have to download something for Evony but you don't for Godfather.
     I can also honestly say that what you should really be worrying about is who the jerk is that's going to try and take over your city when your protection runs out (I can give you the details on how to prepare for this for both games).

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]I just lost a VERY dear member of my family (ON Thanksgiving day) MY faith tells me she is in a better place.  For THAT, I give thanks.  For those she leaves behind, I pray. How 'bout living up to this thread's title? Pacem, G
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Gregin:

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad you have a faith to give you comfort.

Peace to you as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Sorry to hear about that GreginMeffa. Hope you're doing ok and hoping you'll have a cheefrul Christmas, despite your loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Greg - very sorry for your loss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]I just lost a VERY dear member of my family (ON Thanksgiving day) MY faith tells me she is in a better place.  For THAT, I give thanks.  For those she leaves behind, I pray. How 'bout living up to this thread's title? Pacem, G
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Nothing but good vibes for you and your family:)................

21. This post has been removed.