Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY

Race baiting sure and simple.  The Hispanics are coming.  The angry Blacks are taking over.  The Gays are being force down everyone's throats.  And let's not forget about the Muslims.

The Republicans have nothing to offer so the resort to scaring White people.  Lead by Rupert Murdoch, they play scary image after scary image to tap White Peoples' basic fear of race.  And it works. 

Shameful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

Re: Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY

"The sky is falling .. the sky is falling"...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY:
    [QUOTE]Race baiting sure and simple.  The Hispanics are coming.  The angry Blacks are taking over.  The Gays are being force down everyone's throats.  And let's not forget about the Muslims. The Republicans have nothing to offer so the resort to scaring White people.  Lead by Rupert Murdoch, they play scary image after scary image to tap White Peoples' basic fear of race.  And it works.  Shameful.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

What are you ranting about?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

No reason in particular.  Just feeling a little outraged by a certain news outlet using minorities to stir up passions.  Why should Murdoch care about the damage he causes to the US - it's not his country.

This country is in a mess - 2 wars and an economy in the toilet.  And yet the anger is directed at hispanics and blacks and the poor. It wasn't hispanics and blacks and the poor that put us in this situation.  But that's where the anger seems to be pointed at. 

The bankers that cratered the economy settle back in their mansions and their golden parachutes while the rest of us fight for scraps.  And instead of focusing on the real problems of the country - the issues that will put us back to work, the focus is on hispanics and blacks.  Shameful. 

It's not about what's good for the country.  It's about profits in the next quarter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY:
    [QUOTE]No reason in particular.  Just feeling a little outraged by a certain news outlet using minorities to stir up passions.  Why should Murdoch care about the damage he causes to the US - it's not his country. This country is in a mess - 2 wars and an economy in the toilet.  And yet the anger is directed at hispanics and blacks and the poor. It wasn't hispanics and blacks and the poor that put us in this situation.  But that's where the anger seems to be pointed at.  The bankers that cratered the economy settle back in their mansions and their golden parachutes while the rest of us fight for scraps.  And instead of focusing on the real problems of the country - the issues that will put us back to work, the focus is on hispanics and blacks.  Shameful.  It's not about what's good for the country.  It's about profits in the next quarter.

Hmmm. You have a very active immagination.  None of what you say is happening, except in your mind.

If you look a tthe world through the typical pessimistic progressive glasses, it looks quite dim indeed.  Why, just yesterday, I saw a white man walk right by a black man without even acknowledging the pain and oppression "the man" visited upon him.  How racist of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatItIsNow. Show WhatItIsNow's posts

With all due respect dirtywater, you sound like oscar when he rants about the liberal media controlling the politics of the country. For the first time in a long time, we actually have an honest and full debate about race and where the US is at the present moment. I do think what you are seeing is a reaction to the left's dominance of the debate and a challenge to many of the left's assumptions about race and racism. I don't think that is a bad thing. Not really much of a fan of fox news, but in this case, they are raising some important points. For too long, the debates been steered by activist scholars, who thrive on racial conflict existing.

For sure there is real racism and hate groups out there. I've seen hate crimes first hand. But what the left has done is looked for hidden racism, and become like the boy who cried wolf. It is one thing to point to a real hate crime and say "racism", another to take the bell hooks approach, and look for hidden modes of racism in media, the news, etc. Or to see any discussion about race that doesn't fit the critical studies hermenuetic as racist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Hey Dirty you do ooosh.  Fox news never even mentioned the name Shirley Shorrod, until after she had been fired by the WH.

Are facts getting in the way of your crazy theories???

Bah ha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CambridgeResident. Show CambridgeResident's posts

As I wrote here earlier, its all about the attitude of government leaders and big business. If you want a nation that shines above everyone else, do the work that needs to be done and make it happen.  Quality health care for everyone.  Quality education, second to none.  Quality mass and regional transit. Illegal immigration reform, where the penalties aren't aganist the illegals, but the people who hire them.  Want a more peaceful planet? Extricate ourselves from these two wars for starters.  Stop supporting hostile Arab countries for sake of oil and profit and watch the terror attacks decline.  Protect Israel, fine.  But restrain their ability to practice genocide and heavy handed tactics on the Palestinians.  Show that the U.S. cares about the promises it made to the Gulf during Katrina: build it up now. Use the Stimulas without more hagling.  Kick BP to cough up the monies now to the businesses that are suffering because of their mistake.   Rather than get large businesses to complain about legislation, get them to follow the current ones now concerning mining safety in West Virginia so we don't loose anymore workers and then during a choir of people stand around scratching their heads and blaming one another for a disaster that should not have happened.  Get the FBI to seize illegal guns where ever they are (gun rackets coming out of NC) and worry about the gun associations later, as many of these guns find their way into the hands of children and they do the rest) Do you best (who ever we are) to get kids to read books (or Kindles if your so high tech savvy) because reading adds to literacy and better educated kids are less likely to end up in jail and increase the prison population.  (poor and minority kids especially) And it couldn't hurt to encourage all people to go to church/synagogue/mosque every Sunday, as a bit of morality is good for everyone.

Nuff said?

Westbound

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarBozachT00. Show OscarBozachT00's posts

[QUOTE]With all due respect dirtywater, you sound like oscar when he rants about the liberal media controlling the politics of the country. For the first time in a long time, we actually have an honest and full debate about race and where the US is at the present moment. I do think what you are seeing is a reaction to the left's dominance of the debate and a challenge to many of the left's assumptions about race and racism. I don't think that is a bad thing. Not really much of a fan of fox news, but in this case, they are raising some important points. For too long, the debates been steered by activist scholars, who thrive on racial conflict existing. For sure there is real racism and hate groups out there. I've seen hate crimes first hand. But what the left has done is looked for hidden racism, and become like the boy who cried wolf. It is one thing to point to a real hate crime and say "racism", another to take the bell hooks approach, and look for hidden modes of racism in media, the news, etc. Or to see any discussion about race that doesn't fit the critical studies hermenuetic as racist.
    Posted by WhatItIsNow[/QUOTE]

Democrat Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes asked Morgan Freeman: "How are we going to get rid of racism?"  Morgan Freeman's response, "Stop talking about it.  I'm going to stop calling you a white man and you'll stop calling me a black man."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatItIsNow. Show WhatItIsNow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY : Democrat Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes asked Morgan Freeman: "How are we going to get rid of racism?"  Morgan Freeman's response, "Stop talking about it.  I'm going to stop calling you a white man and you'll stop calling me a black man."
    Posted by OscarBozachT00[/QUOTE]

Yes, you posted that elsewhere. With all due respect, I have to disagree with both yourself and Morgan freeman. Race, Culture, Ethnicity...the solution to bigotry isn't to ignore our differences. Liberals tried that for 40 years and it doesn't work because, well we are all different. In theory, it makes sense. But in practice, for instance say you marry someone of another race and culture as I have, it isn't workable. There are real differences that matter and you don't overcome them by ignroing them.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrientalYakuza. Show OrientalYakuza's posts

Just feeling a little outraged by a certain news outlet using minorities to stir up passions.  Why should Murdoch care about the damage he causes to the US - it's not his country.

One good thing being an Asian. We don't give a zhyty about politics. We mind our own business and work...work....work...work 'till death, of course to feed everyone especially those who are complaining.

Oh by the way, I think you are mad with FOX (not really Murdoch) and therefore you are liberal. Tell everyone, don't hide. I don't tuck my tail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Hispanics, Blacks, and Gays, OH MY : Yes, you posted that elsewhere. With all due respect, I have to disagree with both yourself and Morgan freeman. Race, Culture, Ethnicity...the solution to bigotry isn't to ignore our differences. Liberals tried that for 40 years and it doesn't work because, well we are all different. In theory, it makes sense. But in practice, for instance say you marry someone of another race and culture as I have, it isn't workable. There are real differences that matter and you don't overcome them by ignroing them.
    Posted by WhatItIsNow

People kind of miss the point about diversity.  Diversity means we have differences - deal with it.

I had a friend who said, "I believe that people are bascially the same".  Uh, no.

People are basically different and therefore need to be treated differently. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Diversity great.

Special rules based on your skin color bad.

Seems simple to me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuestionOfBalance. Show QuestionOfBalance's posts

[QUOTE]Race baiting sure and simple.  The Hispanics are coming.  The angry Blacks are taking over.  The Gays are being force down everyone's throats.  And let's not forget about the Muslims. The Republicans have nothing to offer so the resort to scaring White people.  Lead by Rupert Murdoch, they play scary image after scary image to tap White Peoples' basic fear of race.  And it works.  Shameful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuestionOfBalance. Show QuestionOfBalance's posts

No, it's just your bizarre world where you think everyone is a victim, and entitled to what doesn't belong to them.
    Arizona needs to restore order (especially below I-8) before it can make progress.
    We still haven't been allowed to vote yet on gay marriage in Massachusetts, so the law continues to lack crediibility.
    Now we don't get to vote in Massachusetts on abolishing the electoral college.

You want affirmative action as policy? You pay for it.
    The biggest problems facing USA are no jobs, huge taxes, irresponsive leaders, and terrorism.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkyTart. Show SnarkyTart's posts

divide and conquer politics have always worked.   do i smell a revolution coming?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

And sure enough, about 2-4 weeks ago, our fellow BDC wingnuts followed suit and ranted accordingly.  Those poor poor disadvantaged white people being oppressed by racist blacks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

You know, I have been watching fox news the past week, and I think the OP has a point. They really are just parading any black or hispanic person they can who gets taped saying something racially controversial. They are race baiting. And the sad thing is, its working.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Maybe its all part of the Jewish conspiracy, as a smokescreen to get infighting among the others.
    LOL.

We can always rail against it and do something that we would not normally do, to embrace a bit of the other races cultures.

Me, I went for a haircut at a black-mans barber. It was an awesome eye-opener. I was the only white dude there, but what an amazing experience. Definitely going back. 

Regarding hispanic culture though, I am a bit stumped. Anyone know a good mexican restaurant in Boston? Wierdly enough I haven't been able to find one anywhere. There are tons in other US cities. Me want a fajita! All we have round here are stupid burrito take-out places. Yuck. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Well, it probably doesn't qualify as thoroughly "Mexican", but whatever it is, it's way better than other places that bill themselves as "Mexican"; nothing fancier than burritos, tostados, quesasdilla's, etc:  Viva Burrito.  Over on Staniford Street, near the Dept. of Mental Health.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe its all part of the Jewish conspiracy, as a smokescreen to get infighting among the others. LOL. We can always rail against it and do something that we would not normally do, to embrace a bit of the other races cultures. Me, I went for a haircut at a black-mans barber. It was an awesome eye-opener. I was the only white dude there, but what an amazing experience. Definitely going back.  Regarding hispanic culture though, I am a bit stumped. Anyone know a good mexican restaurant in Boston? Wierdly enough I haven't been able to find one anywhere. There are tons in other US cities. Me want a fajita! All we have round here are stupid burrito take-out places. Yuck. 
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

Jose's in Cambridge is pretty good.  It's on Sherman Street.
    On the Border is pretty good if you don't like spices - kind of like the Olive Garden of Mexican Food (Olive Garden, Italian food for people who don't like garlic).