Home sales rise 12%

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: Home sales rise 12%

In Response to Re: Home sales rise 12%:
    [QUOTE]After a divorce and then putting my two daughters through college, I was finally able to buy another house.  I closed in July 2005, the peak.  All my equity is gone and the house is really under water now but I can certainly afford the mortgage and is cheaper than renting.  But, we just found cracks in the foundation of the addition.  We have a structural engineer working on the cause.  He estimates to repair will be at least $15k and may be as much as the cost of a teardown and rebuild (100K?).  I was hoping the house would appreciate and I'd be able to sell and make a profit when I retired but that's not going to happen. 
    Posted by Hingmarsh[/QUOTE]

Mscricket would tell you it's still a good thing according to her earlier posts.

Sorry for your situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Stay calm, do the repairs in the most cost effective way you can and try to enjoy your home.  A lot of people are in the same boat, unfortunately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home sales rise 12% : Mscricket would tell you it's still a good thing according to her earlier posts. Sorry for your situation.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Thanks, me too.Cool  Hey, the way I look at it, I'm "renting" a really nice house for less than market rental and I get the benefit of the interest and real estate tax deduction.  Always the optimist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home sales rise 12% : Thanks, me too.   Hey, the way I look at it, I'm "renting" a really nice house for less than market rental and I get the benefit of the interest and real estate tax deduction.  Always the optimist.
    Posted by Hingmarsh[/QUOTE]

You have to be an optimist in that kind of situation otherwise you'll drive yourself to misery which does no good.
    Good luck!