I can feel it coming in the air.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: I can feel it coming in the air.....

In Response to Re: I can feel it coming in the air.....:
    [QUOTE]skeeter, of course these young patriots have something in common with the tea party, they are Americans too and have the right to be seen and heard. By the time I was 21 years old had I seen and done things that would make you sick ! By the time I was 24 years old I was working full time and taking 5 courses at UMASS on the GI Bill. By the time I was 26 years old my brothers and I had purchased our third three deckers. Age is nothing but a number. It's timing and luck that separates the men from the boys !
    Posted by Sistersledge[/QUOTE]

All that experience, and still, not a lick of common sense.

Why don't you turn all of your triple deckers over to these guys?  After all, seems like you don't need them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Seems the 99% is very very white, almost 99% white.

Remember when the MSM could only talk about how white the tea party is.  Funny how when its liberal and all white race is a non-issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter common sense ? That is one thing that have in spades !

I have enough common sense to be living very comfortably and not worrying about paying a surcharge !

BTW skeeter the three deckers that we once owned are now homes in Marco Island.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]skeeter common sense ? That is one thing that have in spades ! I have enough common sense to be living very comfortably and not worrying about paying a surcharge ! BTW skeeter the three deckers that we once owned are now homes in Marco Island.

Nice place Marco Island.  So, basically, you want to kick the ladder of success away from those entering the workforce and keep them impoverished?  That's common sense?  I think what you fail to realize is that every increase in regulation, every increase in taxation, has a negative impact on the economy. 

The founder of Home Depot, for example, has said repeatedly he could never start his company today given the onerous regulation.  there's a real success story, despite being a jerk, telling you success today is out of reach. 

Sure we need taxes and regulation, in balance with as much freedom as possible.  I guess that's where we are different.  you want as much control as possible, and I want as much freedom as possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]skeeter common sense ? That is one thing that have in spades ! I have enough common sense to be living very comfortably and not worrying about paying a surcharge ! BTW skeeter the three deckers that we once owned are now homes in Marco Island.

Sister, everyone should have the opportunity that you and your brothers had to succeed in this economy. You didn't depend on government handouts, if you had you'd still be sitting in a triple decker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter under Obama the Federal tax rate is about 14.5% of the GDP compared to dubya's 17.5 %.

Concerning regulation we need the EPA standards for clean air and water. I understandd that Obama is trying to eliminate outdated regulations.

Now to Marco Island like I said in a earlier post about timing and luck. It was a good time to buy so we did. I couldn't have done it 5 years ago but I was lucky this time around.

skeeter that isn't fair to say that I want government to control us. I never said that. We differ in the job of government. I want people to enjoy the same opportunities and I do and I want at least the appearance of fairness between 1 % - 12 % and 99 % - 88 %.

Anyway, be safe today !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

StalkingButler I did have government help when I was starting out. Even though I think I earned it. I had the GI Bill to help me.

The luck I had was older brothers looking out for me, advising me and sharing opportunities with me. It's funny that they are wicked Republicans and I'm progressive.

BTW did you ever try that Modern Bakery in the North End ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Someone is spending an inordinate amount of time patting themselves on the back....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WAKE UP AMERICA...... THE "BIG O" AND HIS RAD/SOC/MOONBAT FRIENDS ARE PLAYING THEIR NEXT CARD........ THANKS TO FOX T V, WE ARE HOLDING THE "BIG O" AND ERIC HOLDER IN CHECK !!!  WAKE UP. PLEASE !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]StalkingButler I did have government help when I was starting out. Even though I think I earned it. I had the GI Bill to help me. The luck I had was older brothers looking out for me, advising me and sharing opportunities with me. It's funny that they are wicked Republicans and I'm progressive. BTW did you ever try that Modern Bakery in the North End ?

Seems like your older brothers got the brains, while you got the shaft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Now, now skeeter, I thought we would stop with the insults, show some leadership qualties and maturity by agreeing to disagree and act like adults while we discuss our differences.

BTW do you know what my big brothers would do if they knew how you talked to me ?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

GreginMeffa you can't stand it when a lefty handles his money better than a righty.

I did everything the right way. I saved, invested, worked 2 jobs. I am even an employer.

When I go, my kids won't have to worry about putting their kids through college. That will be one more gifts that I will be giving them.

How do you like those apples, Pal ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]Now, now skeeter, I thought we would stop with the insults, show some leadership qualties and maturity by agreeing to disagree and act like adults while we discuss our differences. BTW do you know what my big brothers would do if they knew how you talked to me ?
    Skeeter would run like a scared little pansy:)........ That's what republicans do. It's the Rush Limbaugh way of doing things. Talk tough on the hate-radio show, but take Oxcycontin and hide when not being a loudmouthed bully. My own big brother would laugh in Skeeters face. I would too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can feel it coming in the air..... : What has Skeeter and Pinky upset is the fact that while the Tea Baggers carried guns to their protest rallies, the Wallstreet Occupiers have bongo drums. The Wingnuts can't stand bongo drums. LOL 
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]
    lol..too funny alleycat...

So today..I got together for a couple of hours with my cousin and a long time friend of hers..a family friend who I've met dozens of times. His nephew goes to college in NYC and was at the protests..and one of the 700 people arrested a week or so ago. His nephew..by the way..is working to put himself through school..since his family falls into that category of those who make too much to qualify for financial aid...but can't possibly afford to just write out a tuition check. I had to laugh when he was telling the story..because to listen to the right wingers on the site..the people at that protest are all a bunch of deadbeats. Although I did ask him how he felt about his nephew being arrested. He did have a certain gleam of pride in his eyes...I'll have to ask him if his nephew saw any bongo drums..lol

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can feel it coming in the air..... : lol..too funny alleycat... So today..I got together for a couple of hours with my cousin and a long time friend of hers..a family friend who I've met dozens of times. His nephew goes to college in NYC and was at the protests..and one of the 700 people arrested a week or so ago. His nephew..by the way..is working to put himself through school..since his family falls into that category of those who make too much to qualify for financial aid...but can't possibly afford to just write out a tuition check. I had to laugh when he was telling the story..because to listen to the right wingers on the site..the people at that protest are all a bunch of deadbeats. Although I did ask him how he felt about his nephew being arrested. He did have a certain gleam of pride in his eyes...I'll have to ask him if his nephew saw any bongo drums..lol
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Ask him to articulate the main thesis of the occupation. 

I expect it will be some broad accusation against wall st, an opinion I share, but ask him what he wants to do about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]skeeter under Obama the Federal tax rate is about 14.5% of the GDP compared to dubya's 17.5 %. Concerning regulation we need the EPA standards for clean air and water. I understandd that Obama is trying to eliminate outdated regulations. Now to Marco Island like I said in a earlier post about timing and luck. It was a good time to buy so we did. I couldn't have done it 5 years ago but I was lucky this time around. skeeter that isn't fair to say that I want government to control us. I never said that. We differ in the job of government. I want people to enjoy the same opportunities and I do and I want at least the appearance of fairness between 1 % - 12 % and 99 % - 88 %. Anyway, be safe today !!!!

Now we are getting somewhere.  I agree about government providing the same opportunities.  So, how do you get there by destroying the very system that allowed you to create your success?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]skeeter under Obama the Federal tax rate is about 14.5% of the GDP compared to dubya's 17.5 %. Concerning regulation we need the EPA standards for clean air and water. I understandd that Obama is trying to eliminate outdated regulations. Now to Marco Island like I said in a earlier post about timing and luck. It was a good time to buy so we did. I couldn't have done it 5 years ago but I was lucky this time around. skeeter that isn't fair to say that I want government to control us. I never said that. We differ in the job of government. I want people to enjoy the same opportunities and I do and I want at least the appearance of fairness between 1 % - 12 % and 99 % - 88 %. Anyway, be safe today !!!!

Oh, I forgot.  I'm not sure where you are going with the tax/GDP argument, other than Obama has contracted the economy so much, there are fewer taxable events?  Give me more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can feel it coming in the air..... : Skeeter would run like a scared little pansy:)........ That's what republicans do. It's the Rush Limbaugh way of doing things. Talk tough on the hate-radio show, but take Oxcycontin and hide when not being a loudmouthed bully. My own big brother would laugh in Skeeters face. I would too.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

this is why the left fails.  Because at their core, they are people who try to win their arguments with insults and injury, adding nothing to the debate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

I can feel it too Smile

Sections
Shortcuts