I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

I have posted on numerous occasions about the rotting flesh that is our culture. This is the biggest issue that faces us as a species and society; we need to reverse the so-called liberal onslaught against values. Religion, belief in God or gods is irrelevant, we need to have a sense of virtue, restraint, and grasp of good vs. bad, light vs. dark etc. That is the real target of moral relativists. I still wonder why there is no outcry against the duke U gay-sex-son-slave incident or the gay cop that raped illegal immigrants in Florida. THIS ALL HAPPENED PEOPLE! If this involved heterosexual men it would be all over the news for weeks on end, alas, it’s a double standard that many just ignore. But you can't ignore this any more, it’s creeping into everything and this article shows you where it is ultimately headed....

Lastly, I am a veteran. I will never fight for a country that devolves to this and you need moral warriors like me!! Because it’s not going to be hedonists that make unselfish sacrifice for the greater good and hold the line - they'll be thinking of themselves all the way to oppression. After reading this, I have no problem writing that I often question what I actually fought for and it rips me to pieces to know deep down that I loathe what this once great country has become. Good luck finding people like me and my fellow brothers cause we were the last line of defense out there. Of course there will be someone who knows all these people still eager to rush the hill, well, I say now that I know many people who are/were the vanguard of a certain class in the military of a very prestigious branch and I know where they stand.

A teacher was told by a 15-year-old high school sophomore that he was having homosexual sex with an "older man." At the very least, statutory rape occurred. Fox News reported that the teacher violated a state law requiring that he report the abuse. That former teacher, Kevin Jennings, is President Obama's "safe school czar." It's getting hard to keep track of all of this president's problematic appointments. Clearly, the process for vetting White House employees has broken down.

In this one case in which Mr. Jennings had a real chance to protect a young boy from a sexual predator, he not only failed to do what the law required but actually encouraged the relationship.

According to Mr. Jennings' own description in a new audiotape discovered by Fox News, the 15-year-old boy met the "older man" in a "bus station bathroom" and was taken to the older man's home that night. When some details about the case became public, Mr. Jennings threatened to sue another teacher who called his failure to report the statutory rape "unethical." Mr. Jennings' defenders asserted that there was no evidence that he was aware the student had sex with the older man.

However, the new audiotape contradicts this claim. In 2000, Mr. Jennings gave a talk to the Iowa chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools. On the tape, Mr. Jennings recollected that he told the student to make sure "to use a condom" when he was with the older man. That he actively encouraged the relationship is reinforced by Mr. Jennings' own description in his 1994 book, "One Teacher in 10." In that account, the teacher boasts how he allayed the student's concerns about the relationship to such a degree that the 15-year-old "left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated."

Mr. Jennings' denials about these events reveal a lack of remorse. He has not admitted that he made mistakes in this case, and he now refuses to answer any questions about the scandal. Don't forget, this is a presidential appointee we're talking about. Mr. Obama should make clear what his standards are for public servants serving at the pleasure of the president. Encouraging and covering up man-boy sexual activity are serious offenses. The White House should force Mr. Jennings to come clean.

Mr. Jennings has made extremely radical statements promoting homosexuality in schools and about his utter contempt for religion that render him unsuitable for a prestigious White House appointment. His job in the Obama administration is to ensure student safety, and this scandal directly calls into question his ability to perform that job. Mr. Jennings and Obama administration officials refuse to answer any questions about this newly discovered evidence. A lot of Americans want answers about this guy and how he was approved for a job in the White House.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

Every few months you focus on a homosexual related issue or incident. It obviously weighs upon your mind.  Be a good "moral warrior" and tell us what you are planning on doing about this situation.  It's not enough to identify a problem, how are you going to repair the "rotting flesh that is our culture"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

Are there no righties that don't have "issues' anymore?  I just want to debate but this news board has been taken over by "Bimbos 4 Palin" and "The Troofer Squad".  Makes me not want to bother anymore.  When we had the old BDC format the people who frequented the news board would poke fun of the politics board people for being too afraid to come play with the varsity.  Pretty soon this whole place will just be one big Benetton ad of dysfunctional dimwitted dementia.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it:
    [QUOTE]Every few months you focus on a homosexual related issue or incident. It obviously weighs upon your mind.  Be a good "moral warrior" and tell us what you are planning on doing about this situation.  It's not enough to identify a problem, how are you going to repair the "rotting flesh that is our culture"?
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Hop, I am like many other people waking up to a country/culture that we had no say in developing i.e. the accession of gayness and other radical social changes. The reason for this is simple: Like me, most people who produce in this society do not have the time to counter-act the numerous conspiracies concocted by your leftist radical friends. Largely, these activists are well-funded some say from Soros (I imagine a lot of over-paid celebrities like Roman Polanski also contribute significantly - I will get to Roman don't you worry). And lets not forget that your loud mouth activist create nifty things like NGOs or 'social awareness' groups like ACORN that...drum roll...ARE SUPPORTED BY TAX PAYER DOLLARS - MY MONEY!! All of this is down under the cover of darkness or through a hazy shade of grey. What am I going to do about it, you ask, the same thing that many people like me are doing in greater numbers - we are getting involved. We are going to continue to expose perverts like Jennings, frauds like obama and his chicago friends, the czars, hollywood - whoopie goldberg refining rape for us. I am involved in numerous conservative groups now. Hop, you radical people have raped this country while keeping folks sedated with trashy TV and ever longer work weeks for far too long and if we don't stop you now your 'compassionate' leftist friends will trash the constitution for good and take over. Then they'll pass laws on things like abolishing the age of consent so that children can be abused at will by deviant sexual perverts. And, yes, homosexuality is an indication of mental flaw and perversion - there can be no more sugar-coating this any longer. In short - leftist activist should either hurry up and take over or get ready to be taken down. Either way, you people are being exposed for what you are, mindless hedonists, loud mouth babies, the definition of hypocrisy, and at the expense of sounding dramatic truly the embodiment of evil.  

Lastly, I repeatedly attack the gay movement, because, I am not afraid to voice my views against it. I think many people are stuck in this awkward grey zone of feeling naturally repulsed by these kind of people, societal guilt (fueled by over zealous activists), and the clever and often used rebuttal by gays that accuses the agitator of being secretly gay themselves a la the word “homophobia.” So, many people are stand-off(ish) about engaging in real debate – well I’m not that person. Bottom-line: I am not homophobic at all, I don’t fear gays any more than I do a normal person, and Hop, I don’t fear much. I am 100% secure in my sexuality as a heterosexual, period. That being said, I hope I can inspire other people to feel comfortable expressing their natural repulsion against homosexuality. Is that discriminatory or in the least callous? If it means right-sizing this up-side down world than it so be it. I will not accept that the end-state of all human existence and endeavor after all the sacrifice, the poetry, the art, the wars, the science, the knowledge – is to have sex! Maybe other simple-minded people believe that, but not me. And the only difference between a hetro and a h*omo is sex! Once more, all the left wants to do is support sex at all costs. Although I am a huge fan of sex with women and I do it as often as possible – I do not have to parade myself in public throwing my sexual exploits in people’s faces, which is exactly what radical leftist, h*omo, bi, straight insist on doing. Why? Answer – because they are perverts and now they want to get children too. What am I doing – stand by…stand the ‘F’ by.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it:
    [QUOTE]Are there no righties that don't have "issues' anymore?  I just want to debate but this news board has been taken over by "Bimbos 4 Palin" and "The Troofer Squad".  Makes me not want to bother anymore.  When we had the old BDC format the people who frequented the news board would poke fun of the politics board people for being too afraid to come play with the varsity.  Pretty soon this whole place will just be one big Benetton ad of dysfunctional dimwitted dementia.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

Well, well Mr Target, frustrated with the bimbos4palin, eh? Want to not bother anymore, eh. Don't let the door hit your a*s on the way out. First, Palin (in my humble opinion) is a bimbo and the worse person conservatives can endorse. So, I guess we found a little common ground - how strange. Second, as an esteemed bond trader (or so you say) have you bothered to trace the cusips for the latest government auctions? Dementia: in the context of this forum, this word is more appropriate for people who claim to be 'libertarian', like you, yet are closet leftist in disguise. Your rationale for no government interference is predicated on preventing the evil religious right from entering the bedroom, among other things. You couldn't be more backwards and wrong. Libertarianism, in the Ayn Rand sense, would never allow the courts to make laws and gay rights legislation to be passed. That also includes all the other 'special' things for target victim-groups. Although you say you are for libertarians, I think you’re actually a liberal fascists. If we enact libertarianism then all the little pet social projects will go bye bye and then a natural order such as homosexuals relegated to the outskirts of society, patriarchy etc, will take their rightful place. Dimwitted: You might have a point, why should I point out your flawed understanding of libertarianism, I should write nothing and let your ignorance help our cause. Yes, disregard...disregard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Ironically enough, someone who admits to being "repulsed by gays" is, by definition, "homophobic".  So yes, Acon, you are a homophobe...not that there's anything right or wrong about that.  You just don't know any better.

So, at least you don't have worry about defending against that moniker any longer.

And, as with most fears, the only remedy is education...of the self, for the one who fears his surroundings also fears what is inside of him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

P.S. It takes courage to "come out" and admit one is a bigot.  Now we know unequivocally where you stand.

If only more conservatives were as honest with themselves....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]Ironically enough, someone who admits to being "repulsed by gays" is, by definition, "homophobic".  So yes, Acon, you are a homophobe...not that there's anything right or wrong about that.  You just don't know any better. So, at least you don't have worry about defending against that moniker any longer. And, as with most fears, the only remedy is education...of the self, for the one who fears his surroundings also fears what is inside of him. 
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

Oh, but I do know better. I know that controlling language is an advantage that the left has enjoyed for some time. And, yes, I admit controlling language and other dark to grey tactics have kept the conservatives on the defensive - but that is what I want to change and think things are changing as more people wake up. I also know how dangerous controlling language can be to real freedom - but hey like Alinsky said the ends justify the means, right?   Okay I'll educate myself then - guess what, I'll start by reading Animal Farm and 1984, I'll get back to you on that.

What you really mean to say is that the word homophobe is used in common parlance e.g. I do fit the criteria in terms of disapproving of the homosexual lifestyle. Okay, tell me something I don't know already. What YOU don't seem to understand is my conscious dismissal of this word, its connotations and the entire institution behind it. You offer really no argument other than the lock-step/automated liberal response. How about you educate yourself on Mr. Jennings tactics, make note on how he is fond of using euphemism like "safety" to cloak his real agenda and how he acknowledges that his agenda will not to be adopted openly. I wonder if this is going on with one person what else is going on that WE THE PEOPLE are not aware of. Oh and by the way this person works for the obama administration – a very authoritarian administration!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]P.S. It takes courage to "come out" and admit one is a bigot.  Now we know unequivocally where you stand. If only more conservatives were as honest with themselves....

We will be, and it really does take courage to refute the liberal orthodoxy that is common-place today. You people are as much, if not more, one-sided and intolerant of alternate views than the most hardened jim crow advocate. Listen to the incendiary comments from van jones, yes; it’s going to take a lot of courage to counter his (and others like him) hate and rage. The left is violent, more than the right has been.

As I stated at the onset of this posting, I stand only for decency. The homosexual movement is really nothing more than the legitimizing of deviant sexual behavior, re-read the attached article if you don't believe me. There is no question that a connection between homosexuality, deviant sexual behavior and pedophilia exists; we as a culture have been too cowardly to acknowledge it...yet!

Do you actually believe the age of consent should be lowered? You realize the liberal camp believes it should (cause after all its all about getting off) I've certainly demonstrated my 'courage', as you put it, and could care less if it appears bigoted.
      That being said, if you believe in reducing the age of consent, why don’t you show your courage to acknowledge your endorsement of trans-generational love – that’s the new liberal pro-word, soon to be placed in common parlance, to describe child molestation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : We will be, and it really does take courage to refute the liberal orthodoxy that is common-place today. You people are as much, if not more, one-sided and intolerant of alternate views than the most hardened jim crow advocate. Listen to the incendiary comments from van jones, yes; it’s going to take a lot of courage to counter his (and others like him) hate and rage. The left is violent, more than the right has been. As I stated at the onset of this posting, I stand only for decency. The homosexual movement is really nothing more than the legitimizing of deviant sexual behavior, re-read the attached article if you don't believe me. There is no question that a connection between homosexuality, deviant sexual behavior and pedophilia exists; we as a culture have been too cowardly to acknowledge it...yet! Do you actually believe the age of consent should be lowered? You realize the liberal camp believes it should (cause after all its all about getting off) I've certainly demonstrated my 'courage', as you put it, and could care less if it appears bigoted.     That being said, if you believe in reducing the age of consent, why don’t you show your courage to acknowledge your endorsement of trans-generational love – that’s the new liberal pro-word, soon to be placed in common parlance, to describe child molestation .
    Posted by aconvosier10[/QUOTE]

Where to begin...

First of all, "phobias" are not parlance, liberal or otherwise; they are psychological intimations manifested as behavior, ie to avoid water or spiders, while ignoring the relative risk of such behaviors.  Those who are afraid of water have convinced themselves they will drown even if standing in water up to their ankles.

You say that you stand for "decency", so does that mean you consider it impossible for a homosexual person to also be a "decent" person?  I submit that 'decency' is entirely subjective and therefore devoid of any objective societal standard.  What you consider indecent, I might consider completely normal.  Who's to say that you're right and I'm wrong, and vice versa?  Maybe you should better define your terms.

You also seem to consider homosexuality to be a recent phenomenon, as if there were no gays before 1955 or something.  That is plain ridiculous.  Homosexuality not only exists in the animal kingdom - to which humans belong - but it exists as an evolutionary behavior just like swimming, or climbing trees, or fighting.  People have been "gay" as long as there have been people, and this is verifiable as long as we've had recorded history.

Lastly, your conflation of homosexuality with sexual relations is rather confused.  Being gay has nothing to do with gay sex.  Most people need close, personal relationships; they need camaraderie, acceptance, love, respect, and emotional support.  A person can be a virgin for their entire lives yet still be homosexual or heterosexual.  Commonality is also irrelevant; does it matter if lifelong virgins are less or more numerous than homosexuals?  Add to that your false conflation of homosexuality to pedophelia - not true - and it's safe to say that you lack the dissonance of placing yourself in the shoes of those you attempt to marginalize.  Anything less is intellectual dishonesty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Mental illness is a terrible thing to witness. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Well, well Mr Target, frustrated with the bimbos4palin, eh? Want to not bother anymore, eh. Don't let the door hit your a*s on the way out. First, Palin (in my humble opinion) is a bimbo and the worse person conservatives can endorse. So, I guess we found a little common ground - how strange. Second, as an esteemed bond trader (or so you say) have you bothered to trace the cusips for the latest government auctions? Dementia: in the context of this forum, this word is more appropriate for people who claim to be 'libertarian', like you, yet are closet leftist in disguise. Your rationale for no government interference is predicated on preventing the evil religious right from entering the bedroom, among other things. You couldn't be more backwards and wrong. Libertarianism, in the Ayn Rand sense, would never allow the courts to make laws and gay rights legislation to be passed. That also includes all the other 'special' things for target victim-groups. Although you say you are for libertarians, I think you’re actually a liberal fascists. If we enact libertarianism then all the little pet social projects will go bye bye and then a natural order such as homosexuals relegated to the outskirts of society, patriarchy etc, will take their rightful place. Dimwitted: You might have a point, why should I point out your flawed understanding of libertarianism, I should write nothing and let your ignorance help our cause. Yes, disregard...disregard.

Go home, Troofer, and take your imaginary cusip conspiracy with you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

You freaks are getting weirder and weirder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Decency = treating others as you would want to be treated, with kindness, compassion, respect, and understanding. Bigotry and hate because you are afraid of change is NOT decent, and therefore, by your own title, you have nullified your argument, and contributed to the "rotting flesh that is our culture" yourself.

"if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is. What we do, now, today....Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Go home, Troofer, and take your imaginary cusip conspiracy with you.

Sux to get your ar-se wooped, TFF!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Go home, Troofer, and take your imaginary cusip conspiracy with you.

Target,

come on, CUSIP number - if you trade bonds, as you say, then you should know what a CUSIP number is...um the serial number for individual securities???

Dude, I'm helping you out here, don't make me embarrass you.

Now, if you trace the CUSIP numbers of the most recent treasury auctions (government issued debt) then you will find that the 'demand' for these bonds, which is also the mechanism for keeping interest rates low, is not from market based sources such as regular investors (you and I), institutions and foreign investors. Actually it’s the banks that got bailed-out that are buying large chunks. Got it so far? Okay, what that means is that the "successful" auctions are actually being artificially supported, so, there not so successful after all. The implication: this cannot last forever; in fact it’s a very fragile arrangement. Um, it’s really not a 'conspiracy' or troofer-type thing, target, it’s actually pretty real. But, you know that already as a bond trader right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Rape, child prostitution (rape), cops beating people up, racism . . .

These things do not recognize political persuasions kids.

Heddy *Hedley!" Lamarr - Qualifications?

Bad guy:  Rape, murder, arson and rape.

Lamarr: You said rape twice.

Bad guy:  I like rape

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]Decency = treating others as you would want to be treated, with kindness, compassion, respect, and understanding. Bigotry and hate because you are afraid of change is NOT decent, and therefore, by your own title, you have nullified your argument, and contributed to the "rotting flesh that is our culture" yourself. " if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is. What we do, now, today.... Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."
    Posted by kellmoops[/QUOTE]

And your biggest mistake is assuming that people are generally good. I am sorry to inform you, this world, reality and nature are far too complex to make blanket statements such as yours above, however, pleasant or wonderful to believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]Mental illness is a terrible thing to witness. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I know this guy Jenny's is very sick indeed.

Or are you referring to me? If so, please comment on the article and the liberal’s desire to abolish the age of consent? Please elaborate and, be specific who you think is mentally ill. This could be very telling of your own personal desires.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

There is no way Target trades bonds. Two of my buddies trade bonds and they barely have enough time to breath, nevermind going onto message boards during the day.
    Not too mention the fact that there isn't a bond company out there that would hire someone with his remedial math skills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Hop, I am like many other people waking up to a country/culture that we had no say in developing i.e. the accession of gayness and other radical social changes. The reason for this is simple: Like me, most people who produce in this society do not have the time to counter-act the numerous conspiracies concocted by your leftist radical friends. Largely, these activists are well-funded some say from Soros (I imagine a lot of over-paid celebrities like Roman Polanski also contribute significantly - I will get to Roman don't you worry ). And lets not forget that your loud mouth activist create nifty things like NGOs or 'social awareness' groups like ACORN that...drum roll...ARE SUPPORTED BY TAX PAYER DOLLARS - MY MONEY!! All of this is down under the cover of darkness or through a hazy shade of grey. What am I going to do about it, you ask, the same thing that many people like me are doing in greater numbers - we are getting involved. We are going to continue to expose perverts like Jennings, frauds like obama and his chicago friends, the czars, hollywood - whoopie goldberg refining rape for us . I am involved in numerous conservative groups now. Hop, you radical people have raped this country while keeping folks sedated with trashy TV and ever longer work weeks for far too long and if we don't stop you now your 'compassionate' leftist friends will trash the constitution for good and take over. Then they'll pass laws on things like abolishing the age of consent so that children can be abused at will by deviant sexual perverts. And, yes, homosexuality is an indication of mental flaw and perversion - there can be no more sugar-coating this any longer. In short - leftist activist should either hurry up and take over or get ready to be taken down. Either way, you people are being exposed for what you are, mindless hedonists, loud mouth babies, the definition of hypocrisy, and at the expense of sounding dramatic truly the embodiment of evil.   Lastly, I repeatedly attack the gay movement, because, I am not afraid to voice my views against it. I think many people are stuck in this awkward grey zone of feeling naturally repulsed by these kind of people, societal guilt (fueled by over zealous activists), and the clever and often used rebuttal by gays that accuses the agitator of being secretly gay themselves a la the word “homophobia.” So, many people are stand-off(ish) about engaging in real debate – well I’m not that person. Bottom-line: I am not homophobic at all, I don’t fear gays any more than I do a normal person, and Hop, I don’t fear much. I am 100% secure in my sexuality as a heterosexual, period. That being said, I hope I can inspire other people to feel comfortable expressing their natural repulsion against homosexuality. Is that discriminatory or in the least callous? If it means right-sizing this up-side down world than it so be it. I will not accept that the end-state of all human existence and endeavor after all the sacrifice, the poetry, the art, the wars, the science, the knowledge – is to have sex! Maybe other simple-minded people believe that, but not me. And the only difference between a hetro and a h*omo is sex! Once more, all the left wants to do is support sex at all costs. Although I am a huge fan of sex with women and I do it as often as possible – I do not have to parade myself in public throwing my sexual exploits in people’s faces, which is exactly what radical leftist, h*omo, bi, straight insist on doing. Why? Answer – because they are perverts and now they want to get children too. What am I doing – stand by…stand the ‘F’ by.

My, my, I certainly struck a nerve.  Apparently I am responsible for the downfall of American culture as a part of some liberal master conspiracy to spread gayness, hedonism and other radical social changes.  Well, with my newly discovered power, I am going to order you "off the island".  For your own good, I think it best that you go to the peace, security and moral safety of that part of Pakistan controlled by the Taliban.  They are very much like you (although a bit more active) and I am sure it will be a good intellectual match.  Best of luck to you. We will manage some how without you. Bye.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Where to begin... First of all, "phobias" are not parlance, liberal or otherwise; they are psychological intimations manifested as behavior, ie to avoid water or spiders, while ignoring the relative risk of such behaviors.  Those who are afraid of water have convinced themselves they will drown even if standing in water up to their ankles. You say that you stand for "decency", so does that mean you consider it impossible for a homosexual person to also be a "decent" person?  I submit that 'decency' is entirely subjective and therefore devoid of any objective societal standard.  What you consider indecent, I might consider completely normal.  Who's to say that you're right and I'm wrong, and vice versa?  Maybe you should better define your terms. You also seem to consider homosexuality to be a recent phenomenon, as if there were no gays before 1955 or something.  That is plain ridiculous.  Homosexuality not only exists in the animal kingdom - to which humans belong - but it exists as an evolutionary behavior just like swimming, or climbing trees, or fighting.  People have been "gay" as long as there have been people, and this is verifiable as long as we've had recorded history. Lastly, your conflation of homosexuality with sexual relations is rather confused.  Being gay has nothing to do with gay sex.  Most people need close, personal relationships; they need camaraderie, acceptance, love, respect, and emotional support.  A person can be a virgin for their entire lives yet still be homosexual or heterosexual.  Commonality is also irrelevant; does it matter if lifelong virgins are less or more numerous than homosexuals?  Add to that your false conflation of homosexuality to pedophelia - not true - and it's safe to say that you lack the dissonance of placing yourself in the shoes of those you attempt to marginalize.  Anything less is intellectual dishonesty.

With respects to my intellectual friend, I would suggest that "decency" is an objective standard.  Most moral philosophies have as an objective truth an ethical standard that calls on people to do no harm.  This "golden rule" is understandable on a rational, emotional and intuitive level.   Gay people cause no harm to others and therefore we cannot cause harm to them.  That is an objective standard of decency both in theory and in application.  That also means we can call out bigots for their lack of decency and have some intellectual power behind the effort.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

My wife and I got pretty damned indecent last night.

I'm quite comfortable with my God and sense of decency.  The wife is walking kinda funny.  I like that.  Its a "Who's your daddy?" thing  :-)