I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : With respects to my intellectual friend, I would suggest that "decency" is an objective standard.  Most moral philosophies have as an objective truth an ethical standard that calls on people to do no harm.  This "golden rule" is understandable on a rational, emotional and intuitive level.   Gay people cause no harm to others and therefore we cannot cause harm to them.  That is an objective standard of decency both in theory and in application.  That also means we can call out bigots for their lack of decency and have some intellectual power behind the effort.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Reuben, to a moderate decency is an objective standard. To the far left, who want a world of relativism, it is what it is. I didn't want to get into this thread because of the gay bashing but I agree (I am going down a rabbit hole) with the larger premise of relativism. When a Whoopie (spelling?) Goldberg can say with a straight face "it wasn't rape, rape" and NOW doesn't have a coronary there is something desperately wrong with the left. They wish not to judge lest they be judged.
    I was amazed that NOW was silent during the Clinton "affair". But now I understand it. He was their guy and it didn't matter if he saw women as toys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it

In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Reuben, to a moderate decency is an objective standard. To the far left, who want a world of relativism, it is what it is. I didn't want to get into this thread because of the gay bashing but I agree (I am going down a rabbit hole) with the larger premise of relativism. When a Whoopie (spelling?) Goldberg can say with a straight face "it wasn't rape, rape" and NOW doesn't have a coronary there is something desperately wrong with the left. They wish not to judge lest they be judged. I was amazed that NOW was silent during the Clinton "affair". But now I understand it. He was their guy and it didn't matter if he saw women as toys.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree.  Both extremes of the spectrum are problematic.  The left has amoral relativism while the right has moral authoritarianism.  If I have to choose between the two I would have to go left as they support freedom (if sometimes too much).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Sux to get your ar-se wooped, TFF!!!!!!!
    Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know.

"TFF"?????

Are you who I think you are?
    Obsess much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Target, come on, CUSIP number - if you trade bonds, as you say, then you should know what a CUSIP number is... um the serial number for individual securities ??? Dude, I'm helping you out here, don't make me embarrass you. Now, if you trace the CUSIP numbers of the most recent treasury auctions (government issued debt) then you will find that the 'demand' for these bonds, which is also the mechanism for keeping interest rates low, is not from market based sources such as regular investors (you and I), institutions and foreign investors. Actually it’s the banks that got bailed-out that are buying large chunks. Got it so far? Okay, what that means is that the "successful" auctions are actually being artificially supported, so, there not so successful after all . The implication: this cannot last forever; in fact it’s a very fragile arrangement. Um, it’s really not a 'conspiracy' or troofer-type thing, target, it’s actually pretty real. But, you know that already as a bond trader right?
    Posted by aconvosier10[/QUOTE]

I know what a cusip is, numbone.  Its like asking a dentist if he knows what teeth are.  If you want to have a serious discussion on TARP, bailouts, and the capital markets then by all means I'm game.  For one, banks are always the biggest buyers of Treasuries.  Now you can rationally discuss if buying on the run issues when the Fed is buying your older supply amounts to nothing more than a shell game.  Especially given that the government is trying to get the banks back in to the banking business again instead of just stashing their assets.  I'd say no, but at least you may be able to argue your point intelligently.  But you can't expect to garner much credibility with posts like your earlier one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]There is no way Target trades bonds. Two of my buddies trade bonds and they barely have enough time to breath, nevermind going onto message boards during the day. Not too mention the fact that there isn't a bond company out there that would hire someone with his remedial math skills.
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

"Bond company"??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

What's a "Bond Company", Dexie?

Is that retardospeak for asset management firm?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emugoesnaa. Show emugoesnaa's posts

Dude, you are the worst.  Do us all a favor... get in a little boat, sail it faaaaaar away from the country that you loathe so much, and then crash it to smithereens on some sharp rocks.  For the love of god, I CANNOT believe I read that whole rambling, incoherant blurb of lunacy.  Face it dude, your not decent.  You dont stand for decency.  You sound like a freakin Nazi, do you realize that??  Your a hater.  And you spew hate.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nlitenme. Show Nlitenme's posts

whats a troofer?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

A "troofer" like Aconvosier10 is someone that is convinced 9/11 was a government/jew conspiracy and that there were no hijackers.  Its a spin on their incessant whining about exposing "the real truth".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Now can someone tell me what a "bond company" is?

A reference to Bad News Bears?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

[QUOTE]A "troofer" like Aconvosier10 is someone that is convinced 9/11 was a government/jew conspiracy and that there were no hijackers.  Its a spin on their incessant whining about exposing "the real truth".
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

When have I ever said that I thought 911 was an inside job? Jew conspiracy?? I like Jews, don't accuse me of being anti-Semitic. The only truth here is that you are not a libertarian. The only thing you can rightfully accuse me of is being an opponent to debauchery and molesters.

Of course, we are discussing obama's advisor Mr. Jenny's and his fringe views to indoctrinate children to view sexual perversions as normal and to participate in these acts with grown adults. But since you keep referencing my 'trooferism' I'll give you a couple comments. Bottom-line: if you don’t think there is corruption in our government then I have a bridge to sell you. So if there is corruption than how far-fetched is it that this corruption serves a singular group or even groups? Is it far-fetched to assume these corrupt people work in cahoots with each other to keep the now status quo in place? You’re supposed to be a trader, so, I’m sure you understand the concept of quid pro quo – that’s not too extraordinary.
      And if you understand that corrupt people coordinate with each other to keep things corrupt, as a matter of self preservation, than apply that template to today’s “system” in the United States.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : When have I ever said that I thought 911 was an inside job? Jew conspiracy?? I like Jews, don't accuse me of being anti-Semitic. The only truth here is that you are not a libertarian. The only thing you can rightfully accuse me of is being an opponent to debauchery and molesters. Of course, we are discussing obama's advisor Mr. Jenny's and his fringe views to indoctrinate children to view sexual perversions as normal and to participate in these acts with grown adults. But since you keep referencing my 'trooferism' I'll give you a couple comments. Bottom-line: if you don’t think there is corruption in our government then I have a bridge to sell you. So if there is corruption than how far-fetched is it that this corruption serves a singular group or even groups? Is it far-fetched to assume these corrupt people work in cahoots with each other to keep the now status quo in place? You’re supposed to be a trader, so, I’m sure you understand the concept of quid pro quo – that’s not too extraordinary.     And if you understand that corrupt people coordinate with each other to keep things corrupt, as a matter of self preservation, than apply that template to today’s “system” in the United States.
    Posted by aconvosier10[/QUOTE]

So you think gays caused 911?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

thh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moveon. Show moveon's posts

Your post is riddled with indecency.  Oh, the irony.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnodog. Show Johnodog's posts

I am a conservative who supports gay rights and this guy is a moron. He has a right to be a moron and we have a right to tell him so. I will say this is a prime example of why not every thought should be vocalized or put to paper. Yikes!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it:
    [QUOTE]Posted by aconvosier10[/QUOTE]

Whether it's the Inquisition, the Nazis, the fine upstanding confederate states,  or current religious right (or WRONG),   all hide behind decency and religion whenever they take a stance that says,  I am right and deserve to have the world run my way, and no one else should have any rights if I do not approve.

Such a hateful God you claim to represent.  May you and those like you perish, and people who truly care for others more than just themselves take your place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Ironically enough, someone who admits to being "repulsed by gays" is, by definition, "homophobic".  So yes, Acon, you are a homophobe...not that there's anything right or wrong about that.  You just don't know any better. So, at least you don't have worry about defending against that moniker any longer. And, as with most fears, the only remedy is education...of the self, for the one who fears his surroundings also fears what is inside of him. 
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]
    Is that person homophobic or just has morals ?
    Does society / culture dictate what is right or wrong or what is deviant behavior?
    Does society decide morals over religious beliefs and teachings?
    How extremely judgemental to label someone who 'comes out of the closet' and declared what repulses them. Who are YOU to judge?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : With respects to my intellectual friend, I would suggest that "decency" is an objective standard.  Most moral philosophies have as an objective truth an ethical standard that calls on people to do no harm.  This "golden rule" is understandable on a rational, emotional and intuitive level.   Gay people cause no harm to others and therefore we cannot cause harm to them.  That is an objective standard of decency both in theory and in application.  That also means we can call out bigots for their lack of decency and have some intellectual power behind the effort.

No harm?..
    They do not propogate HIV, AIDS?
    They do not pander to the children, letting them know they have a choice?
    They do not push their literature into libraries and school systems?
    You dare to speak of decency in this light? 

Still on your white horse fighting bigotry Don Quixote?

Maybe if yo mama taught you right from wrong.. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Whether it's the Inquisition, the Nazis, the fine upstanding confederate states,  or current religious right (or WRONG),   all hide behind decency and religion whenever they take a stance that says,  I am right and deserve to have the world run my way, and no one else should have any rights if I do not approve. Such a hateful God you claim to represent.  May you and those like you perish, and people who truly care for others more than just themselves take your place.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

See now I have to admit I'm a bit confused. You chastise the person you replied to for representing a "hateful" God but then you turn around and wish this person and those like him/her to perish. Is that not "hateful"? I guess 2 wrongs make a right in your eyes?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : No harm?.. They do not propogate HIV, AIDS? They do not pander to the children, letting them know they have a choice? They do not push their literature into libraries and school systems? You dare to speak of decency in this light?    Still on your white horse fighting bigotry Don Quixote? Maybe if yo mama taught you right from wrong.. 
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

Bigots are ignorant people.  Gays do not propagate disease: people do.  AIDS may have had a start in the gay community in America (Patient 0), but it was also based in the drug culture and elsewhere it was based firmly in the heterosexual community.  I do not know what you mean by "pander to children" about "choice".  If you mean that acceptance of diverse communities is part of education than that is true. I do not know what "their literature" means, but we should not fear books. Shame on those who seek to limit choices and ostracize people for their differences.  Bigotry is indecent because it is irrational and harmful to those that are targeted as being different and inferior. 

To state the obvious, I have a better sense of ethics than you ever will and I am not chasing windmills: bigots are alive and well and writing on this discussion board. Why do you hate so much?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : Bigots are ignorant people.  Gays do not propagate disease: people do.  AIDS may have had a start in the gay community in America (Patient 0), but it was also based in the drug culture and elsewhere it was based firmly in the heterosexual community.  I do not know what you mean by "pander to children" about "choice".  If you mean that acceptance of diverse communities is part of education than that is true. I do not know what "their literature" means, but we should not fear books. Shame on those who seek to limit choices and ostracize people for their differences.  Bigotry is indecent because it is irrational and harmful to those that are targeted as being different and inferior.  To state the obvious, I have a better sense of ethics than you ever will and I am not chasing windmills: bigots are alive and well and writing on this discussion board. Why do you hate so much?
    My friend.. I HAVE missed our.. exchanges.
    I won't play the semantics game. It's to no end.
    Maybe there is no solution or answer here. You call it "acceptance of diverse communities " .. I call it deviant immoral behavior. I mean no ill will to anyone.. unless they intrude and impose (sell) their values (or lack thereof) on me or my family.

You have a better sense of ETHICS than I.. yet you defend and endorse this (and I'll be nice here) "lifestyle". They have all the rights I do and I'm cool with that. I don't believe they should have MORE rights or priveledges than I. Agreed?

I don't hate. I think it's okay to voice MY opinions and perspectives.. just like you. Dialogue is fine except until one party says it's smarter or better qualified than the other.

Your words and points aren't lost on me. I read them and think about them. I don't have to agree or be rude. Waiting to have that WH beer with you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]bigots are alive and well and writing on this discussion board. --------------- My Stratocaster is black, so there!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]
    Was it black BEFORE the campaign

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really just stand for decency, but if that means its bigotry than so be it : See now I have to admit I'm a bit confused. You chastise the person you replied to for representing a "hateful" God but then you turn around and wish this person and those like him/her to perish. Is that not "hateful"? I guess 2 wrongs make a right in your eyes?
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

And therein, Hawkeye, is where the problem lies. Determining a sense of decency and establishing a moral compass and setting standards of behavior are not in themselves bigotry.  It is when we set ourselves up to impose our ideas on all that peaceful and civil coexistance fall through the floor. And it works both ways, whether we are talking religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnicity, etc., etc., etc.

Sections
Shortcuts