Ice Storm death toll rises, Obama hosts party

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winston69. Show Winston69's posts

The national media thinks Kentucky is nothing but trailer parks, country bumpkins, podunk towns and rednecks. The NY Times has no problem if these people suffer so Obama has no presusre to do anything about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winston69. Show Winston69's posts

[Quote]Then why all the hypocrytical hooplah about Lincoln and Obama's lovefest with him? Lincoln the "bumpkin" is from Kentucky and so is this mensa. My lady friend is sitting in a freezing home with an "abundance" of four candles. Oh yeah "Brownie's doin' a fine job". Do those words echo? I'm deafened.[/Quote]

Obama and Lincoln were Senators from Illinois. It doesn't matter that he was born in KY.

The media does not care about white country bumpkins from KY. So neither does Obama. I am not saying that he shouldn't care, just that he soesn't as long as the NY Times, Wash Post, etc don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

This showed up on kentucky.com right around the time you were posting your screed:

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — President Barack Obama signed requests from Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe for federal emergency declarations after winter storms crippled those states, causing fallen trees and power outages."

You may all crawl back into your holes now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skyking239. Show Skyking239's posts

Obama where are you? Not a word.... Not a visit..... its been five days since this killer storm has devastated Kentucky. People are dying. How many more babies have to die before you take some action? You don't care!!!! If these were poor blacks or rich Hollywood types you would be out in front of the TV cameras but not for poor rural white folks. You are a racist. Like you wrote in your book you really must hate white people. Barry where are you when we need you??? Take a break for the Super Bowl festivities and say a word about our dying babies in Kentucky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skyking239. Show Skyking239's posts

Where are you Barry? Where is the "One" ? Why don't he send in FEMA? How many babies in Kentucky have to die before you act? He is obviously uncaring about poor white folks who didn't vote for him. He is like Stalin who implemented the Soviet Holodomor policy that starved millions in rural Russia who posed a political threat to him. Next Hussein Obama will close the coal mines and impose huge fines coal fired energy producers in the region.

Lincoln had it right when he said "All the armies of Europe and Asia . . . could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.'' I fear for the this country because of the mindless followers this false profit. Wake up America!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skyking239. Show Skyking239's posts

Where is the eloquent and caring Barry Hussein Obama in Kentucky's hour of need? Why hasn't he spoken of the need for all Americans to help these poor freezing people. Why can't we all contribute a little more to global warming to help these people out. Why cant he just take the $5,200,000,000 earmarked to ACORN in the Democrat Spending Bill in front of the Senate and send it to Kentucky? How many more babies have to freeze to death before he acts?

God help the victoms of this storm, we pray for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skyking239. Show Skyking239's posts

Dubaya was visiting New Orleans 2 days after Katrena. Its been five days and not even a word from"the one" on the plight of these people. I ask you why? Where is the Messiah when he is needed? He could have stopped this storm but he didn't. Today he is partying with his big wig Hollywood friends in the comfort of the White House on Super Bowl Sunday while his countrymen are freezing to death in Kentucky. What a hypocrite the Democrats are. Nothing but political hacks who put party before country. I a pray for this country in the next four years. Come on 2012.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]This showed up on kentucky.com right around the time you were posting your screed:

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — President Barack Obama signed requests from Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe for federal emergency declarations after winter storms crippled those states, causing fallen trees and power outages."

You may all crawl back into your holes now.[/Quote]

Ah, but Bush did that for Louisianna BEFORE Katrina hit.

Hey, you stepped in it, not me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]He could have stopped this storm but he didn't.[/Quote]

I'm sorry..... what? When did Obama gain the power to control the weather?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]The people's blood is on his hands. :([/Quote]

Just a little melodramatic don't you think? What exactly do you want him to do? Go to Kentucky and.... dig snow? And those 42 deaths are actually stretched over nine states and some were from traffic accidents. Want him to direct traffic? This is no Katrina which caused close to 2000 deaths and $80 Billion in damage. It is tough on the folks directly affected, but get some perspective. But me thinks you had none in the first place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

[Quote]The sense of isolationism is what almost gave Hitler license to the world. This cremation of care is an unforgivable abomination. Wait till the body count comes in. "As Obama dozed, people froze". Switch from the New York Post to the Huffington Post. My"hole" is a fine PAID FOR Victorian. My education, two Masters in business. My apartment, Wall Street. My "hole" and my heart are clean. Shame on you. You are next.[/Quote]

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! Godwin's Law! The discussion is over and Saylor has officially lost the argument!!!!!

But perhaps we can continue on another thread about why Saylor needs TWO Masters degrees in the same discipline. Maybe his first one got revoked. Maybe some diploma mill was offering a 2-for-1 special. 'Tis indeed a mystery. Everyone I know with two advanced degrees either got masters degrees in two different fields or if they stayed in the same field went on to get a doctorate, like I did.

The one thing Saylor does say that is credible is that his hole is clean ... for clearly he discharges all his solid waste through his fingers into his keyboard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]Where is the eloquent and caring Barry Hussein Obama in Kentucky's hour of need? Why hasn't he spoken of the need for all Americans to help these poor freezing people. Why can't we all contribute a little more to global warming to help these people out. Why cant he just take the $5,200,000,000 earmarked to ACORN in the Democrat Spending Bill in front of the Senate and send it to Kentucky? How many more babies have to freeze to death before he acts?

God help the victoms of this storm, we pray for you.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]Where is the eloquent and caring Barry Hussein Obama in Kentucky's hour of need? Why hasn't he spoken of the need for all Americans to help these poor freezing people. Why can't we all contribute a little more to global warming to help these people out. Why cant he just take the $5,200,000,000 earmarked to ACORN in the Democrat Spending Bill in front of the Senate and send it to Kentucky? How many more babies have to freeze to death before he acts?

God help the victoms of this storm, we pray for you.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote][Quote]This showed up on kentucky.com right around the time you were posting your screed:

You may all crawl back into your holes now.[/Quote]

I do not call 5 days later, not even a fly over the area to see the damage, 11 trucks of water, 50 generaters and 5 truck loads of MRI meals and the National Guard showing up with out a signal chain saw help. Might I remind you that even Bush who the left bashed and bashed, did a hell of a lot more then "The One" is doing. Obama is a no show and just voted PRESENT on these poor people. His mantra was never again and yet he has only been in office 2 weeks and has already blown it big time. 77 degree oval office and $100 steaks are more inportant then addressing this issue. Carter would have done more than him![/Quote]

As Alaska Gov. Palin would tell you, the National Guard is under the command of the Governor except when being called up the by the Army. And what, exactly, would a fly over accomplish? Showing the public that he cares? He did what he was supposed to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

"The storm that began in the Midwest has been blamed or suspected in at least 42 deaths, including nine in Arkansas, six each in Texas and Missouri, three in Virginia, two each in Oklahoma, Indiana and West Virginia and one in Ohio. Most were blamed on hypothermia, traffic accidents and carbon monoxide poisoning."

And how many houses destroyed? How many left homeless? How much property damage?

Are you saying Obama needs to make a presidential visit every time there's a fatal car crash in the country? And where, exactly, over the vast area of the 9 affected states, is he supposed to visit?

Expressing outrage that the president didn't act like some rather ordinary weather that caused modest damage is a once-in-a-century storm that wiped out a major city shows one thing. You guys are making it amply clear why the electorate has given up on the Republican party.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Heh. The same people would complain of having stricter standards to allow people to drive cars, since that's the reason people died in the storm. More of that "meddling" the government is so fond of.

Want to help? Support greater spending/investment on infrastructure - roads, bridges, interchanges - to upgrade the nation's highways and help maintain them better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]Well for all of you who voted for him...ya should have known you couldn't trust a man who is ashamed to admit his own nationality and race..did you finally get your head out of the sand?[/Quote]

Has he ever denied that he is a Black American? I don't think so.

And what does this have to do with him shoveling snow and directing traffic in Kentucky?