Is it ok to hate the president?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: Is it ok to hate the president?

WWB. That is just as serious a charge as DWB. Not as serious as MWP(moron while president). What exactly is walking in a suspicious manner and why do you know how this poster walks?

Why else would he be followed? He said he is white so it's not a racial thing. He said he's well dressed so he's obviously not some thuggy looking kid. So why else would he be followed if he wasn't walking around suspiciously?
    To answer your question....someone walking around suspicious would be someone who's walking around with their head on a swivel. Someone who looks nervous or who appears to be looking around as if they are seeing if there is anyone in sight.
    When I was a kid I was at Osco Drugs in the magazine section. I was wearing gym shorts with no pockets so I had my money in my sock. I was standing looking at the magazines where I was between the racks. I then knelt down to check how much money I had. Realized I didn't have enough, stood up and walked out of the store. I was approached by security. They accused me of stealing. They said they saw me, then I "ducked" down and then saw me immediately leave the store. They said I looked suspicious.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president?:
    [QUOTE]Writer, I have read this thread a few times since you originally posted it. I was going to comment then decided not to. Then I would come back to it again. The comment I find most troubling is your statement (I hate white cops; ever since one illegally searched me years ago. Am I racist?    Nope.  Just traumatized.) This has to be one of the most obsurd things I have ever read. You do realize that white cops on many occasions have saved one of your brothers or sisters. And are there to take those emergency calls when they arise. True, there are bad cops but they are not all white only. There are bad black cops out there. I do not think it is fair to hate a group due to one incident. Prime example tying into todays breaking story. Do you hate Muslims, due to the one bad seed ?
    Posted by cathbunk[/QUOTE]

If you claim to have read every one of my messages; you apparently missed the part where I say I still respect cops;  white, black, and all else.

I have a personal distain ( with emphasis on the word PERSONAL ) for white cops. 

What does that mean?  It means deep down; I don't like white cops. 
    I can't forget what happened to me years ago. The embarassment I felt in public being hand groped by a white cop that drove up to me simply standing in one place waiting for someone.

I can't forget and I can't forgive. 
    All that means in practical terms; I'm not a cheerleader for police.

All I expect is the same most people do;  for police to do their job while making as little to no mistakes as possible. Mistakes that cause riots in LA, Cincinnati and New York

Remember?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

As for " The Donald " Obama gave him what he wanted.  That was phase one.
    Phase two is explaining his education at multiple colleges.

Most people have a hard time getting into and getting a good education at one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : If you claim to have read every one of my messages; you apparently missed the part where I say I still respect cops;  white, black, and all else. I have a personal distain ( with emphasis on the word PERSONAL ) for white cops.  What does that mean?  It means deep down; I don't like white cops.  I can't forget what happened to me years ago. The embarassment I felt in public being hand groped by a white cop that drove up to me simply standing in one place waiting for someone. I can't forget and I can't forgive.  All that means in practical terms; I'm not a cheerleader for police. All I expect is the same most people do;  for police to do their job while making as little to no mistakes as possible. Mistakes that cause riots in LA, Cincinnati and New York Remember?
    Posted by WriterXT[/QUOTE]

You clearly state the you HATE white cops. That is a dangerous and racist comment. Let me ask you this. If I was to state that I hated black woman due to an issue I had with a single black woman then stated that I hate all black woman because of this, would you consider me a racist ? Be honest.

This is just a question and did not happen in reality. I think we need to stop the hate not make excuses for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Writer has disdain AND respect for white cops.  Bipolar at best.  A confused racist at worst.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : You clearly state the you HATE white cops. That is a dangerous and racist comment. Let me ask you this. If I was to state that I hated black woman due to an issue I had with a single black woman then stated that I hate all black woman because of this, would you consider me a racist ? Be honest. This is just a question and did not happen in reality. I think we need to stop the hate not make excuses for it.
    Posted by cathbunk[/QUOTE]

Hypothetically; if you stated you had an issue with one black woman and because of it; you hated all black women.  Honesty; I wouldn't care.  

Neither would most black people.

My honest thought is you have an issue. Having an issue with someone and because of it a person is soured against all people of that type?

Well nothing can change whatever happened.       

People are going to think what they choose to. 
    Free speech and freedom are prefixed with the phrase : Free

But the civil right's movement was based on fairness and opportunity.
    MLK and Malcom X didn't go around saying white people should like minorities just because we're human and no different than anyone else.

They said minorities deserve fair treatment and opportunity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : Hypothetically; if you stated you had an issue with one black woman and because of it; you hated all black women.  Honesty; I wouldn't care.   Neither would most black people. My honest thought is you have an issue. Having an issue with someone and because of it a person is soured against all people of that type? Well nothing can change whatever happened.        People are going to think what they choose to.  Free speech and freedom are prefixed with the phrase : Free But the civil right's movement was based on fairness and opportunity. MLK and Malcom X didn't go around saying white people should like minorities just because we're human and no different than anyone else. They said minorities deserve fair treatment and opportunity.

Well, at least you are consistent in your poorly thought out ideas...   Hating all because of the actions of one (or a few) is racism.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Q. Show -Q's posts

xt I am Q and I play for keeps......you are an out and out racist......people like you are un-American...........btw you would make a great spokesperson for the neo-con/tea-partiers.....likeminded peoples tend to gather together......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

Let me break this down a little further for you morons. 
    Question : is it possible to dislike someone ( or a group of people ) personally while still being capable of showing respect in public?

Answer : yes.

Example :  Barack H ( ussein ) Obama himself.

Remember early on in the 2008 Democratic primaries someone was rude to him; forced himself in Obama's orbit wanting to take a picture with him?

What did Obama say?

I'll take the picture; but I ain't gonna be smiling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_162-3989652-502443.html

Here's a man who had a very traumatic experience with a white person; doesn't have a particular fondness for the overbearring underclass who don't know how to behave themselves in front of " distinguished " people in close quarters. 

But Obama still showed calm, cool, respect.  Deep down. Personally. When the cameras are off; of course he has his personal issues about people just like everyone else.

Case Closed.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]Let me break this down a little further for you morons.  Question : is it possible to dislike someone ( or a group of people ) personally while still being capable of showing respect in public? Answer : yes. Example :  Barack H ( ussein ) Obama himself. Remember early on in the 2008 Democratic primaries someone was rude to him; forced himself in Obama's orbit wanting to take a picture with him? What did Obama say? I'll take the picture; but I ain't gonna be smiling. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_162-3989652-502443.html ____________________________________________________________ Here's a man who had a very traumatic experience with a white person; doesn't have a particular fondness for the overbearring underclass who don't know how to behave themselves in front of " distinguished " people in close quarters.  But Obama still showed calm, cool, respect.  Deep down. Personally. When the cameras are off; of course he has his personal issues about people just like everyone else. Case Closed.     

Yeah sure....taking a picture while not smiling is the same as hating ALL white police officers because of what ONE police officer allegedly did to you. Like I said before....it really sucks to be you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Q. Show -Q's posts

Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton are both racists....absolutely!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : Yeah sure....taking a picture while not smiling is the same as hating ALL white police officers because of what ONE police officer allegedly did to you. Like I said before....it really sucks to be you.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Why are you so concerned about my attitude about white police officers anyway?  

If you're a cheerleader for police; that's one thing.

If you're white.   That's another.

But what does that have to do with me? 

one person;one opinion.  

not likely affect anyone else  ( anyone else here )

So...................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Writer, let the hate go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : Why are you so concerned about my attitude about white police officers anyway?   If you're a cheerleader for police; that's one thing. If you're white.   That's another. But what does that have to do with me?   one person;one opinion.   not likely affect anyone else  ( anyone else here ) So...................  

It is about credibility.  Racists are not credible people.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it ok to hate the president? : Why are you so concerned about my attitude about white police officers anyway?   If you're a cheerleader for police; that's one thing. If you're white.   That's another. But what does that have to do with me?   one person;one opinion.   not likely affect anyone else  ( anyone else here ) So...................  

Your attitude is what we are trying to get rid of. And your attitude affects many people....the fact that you don't get that is VERY telling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

And hatred is a bad thing...  Basic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

That's a funny phrase.    " get rid of..... " 

How does one get rid of how they honestly feel about something?

Why should I?

I'm not ( likely ) going to start loving white police officers. 
    I don't even really marginally care for police in general; quite frankly.
    I'm the only male in my family who hasn't been physically arrested by police at one time or another in my life.

I've seen my father taken away in handcuffs twice in my life.
    My uncles have been arrested when they were younger.
    My brother was once arrested for shoplifting. 

I'm not one that believes my family are all innocent lambs.
    But to me; one experience with police in my family is one too many.

If I'm fortunate enough never to have the misfortune of being arrested; the next best thing seems to be, being illegally searched.

It's safe to assume you people like police. It's probably safe to assume you people never had any circumstantial contact with police either.

So what is it about police ( besides the aforementioned ) that rubs me the wrong way.  I guess the best way to put it was Eddie Murphy's attitude about police in the movie 48 Hours.
     The character he plays thinks police are pompus mistake prone racists who if it weren't for their uniforms; badges and guns would be succeptable to getting every bone in their body pulverized by angry mobs of minorities who believe they ( police ) actually like giving people a hard time.

But particularly minorities who don't have the money to get lawyers to do their dirty work.  ( lawsuits )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]That's a funny phrase.    " get rid of..... "  How does one get rid of how they honestly feel about something? Why should I? I'm not ( likely ) going to start loving white police officers.  I don't even really marginally care for police in general; quite frankly. I'm the only male in my family who hasn't been physically arrested by police at one time or another in my life. I've seen my father taken away in handcuffs twice in my life. My uncles have been arrested when they were younger. My brother was once arrested for shoplifting.  I'm not one that believes my family are all innocent lambs. But to me; one experience with police in my family is one too many. If I'm fortunate enough never to have the misfortune of being arrested; the next best thing seems to be, being illegally searched. It's safe to assume you people like police. It's probably safe to assume you people never had any circumstantial contact with police either. So what is it about police ( besides the aforementioned ) that rubs me the wrong way.  I guess the best way to put it was Eddie Murphy's attitude about police in the movie 48 Hours.  The character he plays thinks police are pompus mistake prone racists who if it weren't for their uniforms; badges and guns would be succeptable to getting every bone in their body pulverized by angry mobs of minorities who believe they ( police ) actually like giving people a hard time. But particularly minorities who don't have the money to get lawyers to do their dirty work.  ( lawsuits )

Your views are hardly "honest".  They are based on hatred and perhaps fear.   Try a rational approach to life.  People are quite capable of changing their moral views through education.  Try it.

And, just so you know, I was a criminal defense attorney for over a decade and I saw all sorts of irresponsible behavior by policemen. With far more experience than you have, I would not dare generalize about "ALL" of these people, let alone hate them as a class.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I'm not ( likely ) going to start loving white police officers. 

Sigh....who said anything about you loving white police officers? Glad the entire point has gone completely over your head.
    So if a black man assaulted me, it would be ok with you if I hated ALL black men based on that ONE incident? That seems like reasonable rational thinking to you? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Writer, if I may quote you here;
    "The character he plays thinks police are pompus mistake prone racists who if it weren't for their uniforms; badges and guns would be succeptable to getting every bone in their body pulverized by angry mobs of minorities who believe they ( police ) actually like giving people a hard time."

Would this apply to black officers as well. I have been schooled in the past that  blacks can not be racist. What is your feeling on that thought? Do you hate all officers black or white?

Perhaps you need to look at the big picture when it comes to your families criminal history.  If they were arrested it was for a reason obviously. While being honest you are leaving pieces out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not ( likely ) going to start loving white police officers.   Sigh....who said anything about you loving white police officers? Glad the entire point has gone completely over your head. So if a black man assaulted me, it would be ok with you if I hated ALL black men based on that ONE incident? That seems like reasonable rational thinking to you? 
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

I asked the same, and was danced around.