Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?

You picked the white chick!!!!

Kudos to Beyonce for restoring some class to a show that really needs it.

If I ran MTV, I'd tell this jerk not to show up next year, "you ain't gettin' in"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

Re: Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?

The joke is on you.  This scripted crappy "entertainment" is as real as the WWF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

In Response to Re: Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?:
    [QUOTE]The joke is on you.  This scripted crappy "entertainment" is as real as the WWF.
    Posted by heynow98[/QUOTE]

You mean the WWE.

As far as Kanye, according this; ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549800,00.html??test=faces ) he was " asked to leave ". 

I don't know why these stupid award shows are still being broadcast. Outside of the academy; what other awards show is there really worth watching?  

I was busy watching some good games on Sunday; well at least they were good until the 3rd quarter.  Jets/Houston - Redskins/Giants and the late game Bears/Green Bay.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Kanye is an ego maniac

...but that in itself does not make an idiot.

In some artistic circles, it's damm near a requirement.

No excuse, but that's just how it is sometimes....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

What he did was ignorant. Let her have the stage. She just won an award. Regardless of whether it's MTV or the Oscars there should be some level of respect given to those who win.
    But his rant about his not winning proves what a pu55y he his. You lost, act like a man and accept it and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCsheeple. Show BDCsheeple's posts

In Response to Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?:
    [QUOTE]You picked the white chick!!!! Kudos to Beyonce for restoring some class to a show that really needs it. If I ran MTV, I'd tell this jerk not to show up next year, "you ain't gettin' in"
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

So true.

This show was so classless, i almost didnt watch it, but i keep hoping for another wardrobe malfunction so i couldnt look away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I don't even know why he got up there and did that, obviously Beyonce was horrifed so it wasn't to "defend" her honor.

Right now, is there a bigger jerk in all of entertainment?  I would opine that there is not. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aconvosier10. Show aconvosier10's posts

This guy is a joke. Ego might be a common characteristic in artists, thats true, but is Kayan really an artist? Um, no, and for that matter lets look at some "ideal" artists throughout history and compare them to today's sorry example or "art".

Some 'real' artist include...Van Gogh, Debussy, Mozart, Rembrandt, Turner, Monet, Thoreau, Kipling, Bob Dylan, Spielberg - those are, of course, some of my favorites (you get the idea). Although each one is different in time, style and medium they had/have one singular "thing" about them - they did not create art that was good or trendy they created lasting works that shaped our culture and transcend generations speaking to us through time as it is...I very much doubt anything will remain of Kayan or Kanye or whatever this fool calls himself in a few short years. I hear better rhymes from a Dr. Seuss book, which I think he and many of his 'pop' rockstars or hip hoppers use repeatedly to manufacturer their mass-produced noise.
     This guy and the entertainment industry represent the frailty in our culture, the enabling of lowest common denominator in most of us. Celebrity worship is absolutely pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTM. Show RTM's posts

I've flushed bowel movements that had more talent.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seabell. Show Seabell's posts

No - Kanye West wins the biggest dope slap that can be allowed.  HIS NAME SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL'S NAME.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I thought MTV went off the air a decade ago.  Who knew.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know anything about this guy (apart from the fact that, apparently, he likes fish sticks), and I am simply astounded that anyone over the age of 13 is watching anything on MTV, but all that said, this whole thing sounds like it was contrived to bring this network's moribund programming more coverage than it would have gotten otherwise.

To ask if there is a bigger idiot than some hip-hop poser from a tony Chicago suburb is an exercise in futility. You will certainly get the response you are looking for, but it's like asking people if they think it's wet in the ocean.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

In Response to Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West?:
    [QUOTE]You picked the white chick!!!! Kudos to Beyonce for restoring some class to a show that really needs it. If I ran MTV, I'd tell this jerk not to show up next year, "you ain't gettin' in"
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

West is painfully, the biggest a--hole in the entire universe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Hey, when a racist swigs cognac straight from the bottle before the show.......what do you expect?

Obama called him a "Jacka55" which is very true but, the POTUS show be presidential and not comment on individual disputes whether it's the police and college Profs or musicians.

He needs to stay above the fray and worry about our military problems in Afganistan which I just read he is going to leave the commanders hanging for "weeks and weeks".

I think he thinks the HC debate is more important and he doesn't want to drop any further in the polls by rejecting our troops.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

MTV is still around?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyahab. Show johnnyahab's posts

Kanye West blows...I agree that a huge DOPE SLAP is in order.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phoenix56. Show phoenix56's posts

Is this the same dum-dum who said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" while on stage with Mike Myers?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Go to fullsize image  Just think, this was the same guy whose claim to fame started when he accused Bush of being a racist. 

Gee, what a turn around it's been. 
      MTV video music awards kanye west taylor swift more photos

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Does MTV even still play videos?

Ahh, forget it, I don't really care.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know anything about this guy (apart from the fact that, apparently, he likes fish sticks), and I am simply astounded that anyone over the age of 13 is watching anything on MTV, but all that said, this whole thing sounds like it was contrived to bring this network's moribund programming more coverage than it would have gotten otherwise. To ask if there is a bigger idiot than some hip-hop poser from a tony Chicago suburb is an exercise in futility. You will certainly get the response you are looking for, but it's like asking people if they think it's wet in the ocean.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt in my mind that if Taylor were black, he wouldn't have done a thing.  Thats were ego becomes idiot, or a55hole if you prefer

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Its a real big stretch to suggest there was racism at play here.  Real big.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Its a real big stretch to suggest there was racism at play here.  Real big.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

About Tom Thumb territory.

West is a racist and was upset a white girl beat him out. He has made more "white man keeping us down" type comments than can be listed. Remember Katrina? He has an issue with white America and sees all as taking what is his. Sorry but I call them like I see them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]This guy is a joke. Ego might be a common characteristic in artists, thats true, but is Kayan really an artist? Um, no, and for that matter lets look at some "ideal" artists throughout history and compare them to today's sorry example or "art". Some 'real' artist include...Van Gogh, Debussy, Mozart, Rembrandt, Turner, Monet, Thoreau, Kipling, Bob Dylan, Spielberg - those are, of course, some of my favorites (you get the idea). Although each one is different in time, style and medium they had/have one singular "thing" about them - they did not create art that was good or trendy they created lasting works that shaped our culture and transcend generations speaking to us through time as it is...I very much doubt anything will remain of Kayan or Kanye or whatever this fool calls himself in a few short years. I hear better rhymes from a Dr. Seuss book, which I think he and many of his 'pop' rockstars or hip hoppers use repeatedly to manufacturer their mass-produced noise.   This guy and the entertainment industry represent the frailty in our culture, the enabling of lowest common denominator in most of us. Celebrity worship is absolutely pathetic.
    Posted by aconvosier10[/QUOTE]

Like it or not, the man is an artist.  The quality (highly subjective as it is) of the "art" has little or nothing to do with it.  The conflation of "artist" to "celebrity" has little basis in fact.

But your misunderstanding is in your blanket statement about the "entertainment industry" of which Kanye is but a small part (albeit a bigger part in his own mind).  Art is very much a product of its own time, so 1:1 comparisons with masters of old are fairly pointless, much less comparisons across media and genre.

Kvetching about the "entertainment industry" reaches the point where it's hard to take seriously as informed criticism.  At that point, it just sounds crotchety and out-of-touch.  Which is not to say that what Kanye did onstage is either "art" or "entertainment" or even "creative", it was just ridiculous and embarrassing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a bigger idiot than Kanye West? : About Tom Thumb territory. West is a racist and was upset a white girl beat him out. He has made more "white man keeping us down" type comments than can be listed. Remember Katrina? He has an issue with white America and sees all as taking what is his. Sorry but I call them like I see them.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

MT is correct, and you're not seeing it through a clear lens, but that's your opinion, and you've a right to it.