It's about time a Democrat showed some moxy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

It's about time a Democrat showed some moxy.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Freshman U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson refused to back down Wednesday from remarks made on the House floor the night before, in which he said the Republican health care plan calls for sick people to "die quickly."

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Florida, made the "die quickly" remark on the House floor Tuesday night.

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Florida, made the "die quickly" remark on the House floor Tuesday night.

In fact, Grayson, a Democrat who represents a central Florida swing district that includes Orlando, made another floor speech in which he apologized to the dead and their families for not acting sooner on health care reform. He then defended both speeches on CNN's "The Situation Room."

"What I mean is they have got no plan," Grayson told Wolf Blitzer. "It's been 24 hours since I said that. Where is the Republican plan? We're all waiting to see something that will take care of the pre-existing conditions, to take care of the 40 million Americans who have no coverage at all.

"That's what I meant when I said that the Republican plan is don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quickly." Video Watch Grayson defend comments »

Republicans pounced on Grayson's late-night speech and demanded an apology. Video Watch Grayson's "die quickly" remark on House floor »

"That is about the most mean-spirited partisan statement that I've ever heard made on this floor, and I, for one, don't appreciate it," Rep. Jimmy Duncan, R-Tennessee, told Politico.

On Wednesday, Grayson apologized, but it wasn't the apology the Republicans wanted.

Citing a Harvard University study released this month that said 44,000 Americans die each year because they have no health insurance, Grayson called on Democrats and Republicans "to do our jobs for the sake of those dying people and their families."

"I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven't voted sooner to end this holocaust in America," he said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Re: It's about time a Democrat showed some moxy.

Its "moxie" not moxy.

"Where is the Republican plan?"

In the Republican address following President Obama's speech to a Joint Session of Congress on Wednesday, September 9, 2009, Dr. Charles Boustany (R-LA) outlined a series of solutions:
    • "We do need medical liability reform, and it needs to be real reform. We need to establish tough liability reform standards, encourage speedy resolution of claims, and deter junk lawsuits that drive up the cost of care."
    • "Let's also talk about letting families and businesses buy insurance across state lines. I and many other Republicans believe that will provide real choice and competition to lower the cost of health insurance."
    • "All individuals should have access to coverage, regardless of preexisting conditions."
    • "Individuals, small businesses and other groups should be able to join together to get health insurance at lower prices, the same way large businesses and labor unions do."
    • "We can provide assistance to those who still cannot access a doctor."
    • "[I]nsurers should be able to offer incentives for wellness care and prevention – something particularly important to me. I operated on too many people who could have avoided surgery if they’d simply made healthier choices earlier in life."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Allowing people to go to other states for insurance will cause all insurance companies to locate themselves in the states with the most relaxed regulation.  

That doesn't reform, that makes coverage worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"That is about the most mean-spirited partisan statement that I've ever heard made on this floor, and I, for one, don't appreciate it," Rep. Jimmy Duncan, R-Tennessee, told Politico.

After what we've all heard about "death panels", "euthanasia", "socialized medicine", and the like, Rep Duncan must have just crawled out of the cave he's been living in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Re: It's about time a Democrat showed some moxy.:
    [QUOTE]"That is about the most mean-spirited partisan statement that I've ever heard made on this floor, and I, for one, don't appreciate it," Rep. Jimmy Duncan, R-Tennessee, told Politico. After what we've all heard about "death panels", "euthanasia", "socialized medicine", and the like, Rep Duncan must have just crawled out of the cave he's been living in.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad somebody is fighting back.   People need to call up his office and make a donation.   Let the money show that the people want the Democrats to GROW A PAIR!

They're letting the Republicans beat them with lies and BS.   Not one Republican has had a legitimate idea and none of them have produced a plan.  They just attack with stuff they make up.  

They're dropping the public option?  Did they ever really want it?   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

from the crowd so incensed by "death panels"

God you're a funny bunch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]Allowing people to go to other states for insurance will cause all insurance companies to locate themselves in the states with the most relaxed regulation.   That doesn't reform, that makes coverage worse.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, especially since it is the cost of CARE that drives the cost of coverage.  How many years could Mass drivers not get coverage from out of state companies because they couldn't charge what they wanted?  I guarantee Mass citizens will not be able to get OOS coverage for care obtained in Massachusetts' high priced delivery system. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]Allowing people to go to other states for insurance will cause all insurance companies to locate themselves in the states with the most relaxed regulation.   That doesn't reform, that makes coverage worse.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of Massachusetts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

10. "All individuals should have access to coverage, regardless of preexisting conditions."
  11. "Individuals, small businesses and other groups should be able to join together to get health insurance at lower prices, the same way large businesses and labor unions do."

12. Both items have been available under Massachusetts law for many years. Also, "should have" clearly doesn't mean "will have", nor is there any attempt to say "how", and since when do "large businesses amd labor unions" get "lower prices"?
    Isn't that part of the problem, one of the reasons GM and the UAW went broke?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

• "We can provide assistance to those who still cannot access a doctor."

• Such as? And "can" doesn't say "will" or "how".

• "[I]nsurers should be able to offer incentives for wellness care and prevention – something particularly important to me. I operated on too many people who could have avoided surgery if they’d simply made healthier choices earlier in life."

• And how long before "incentives for...healthier choices" become penalties or denied coverage for NOT making healthier choices?  Perhaps it won't happen, but it is at least as possible as "death panels" and "rationed care". 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

"Where is the Republican plan?"

This idiot is citing that which he can't find.

I give him 13 months