Lipstick on a Pig

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

Whoosh. Completely over your head.[/Quote]

No, but irony seems to be completely over your head.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

This is a dumb controversy. Like everything about Sarah Palin, it distracts from the real issues. Obama may have made an ill-considered remark, given that Palin just did her whole "lipstick on a pitbull" analogy (oh yeah, good one!) but he wasn't even talking about Palin, he was talking about McCain's policies. The controversy is all smoke and mirrors and as voters, we are being duped by the flashy sideshow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

We all know Obama is extremely well scripted...sometimes using other politicians' scripts. [/Quote]

Yeah, in fact, it's from McCain's script. McCain said it about Hillary Clinton's policies. No one freaked out about THAT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

Totally disagree! Palin is a used up skank![/Quote]

Says the expert

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReasonedReply. Show ReasonedReply's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

This is a PLOY to distract and divert attention from REAL issues.
    Please, folks, demand that media and politicians get down to business.
    Not much time to get issues cycled through review and response.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]This is a dumb controversy. Like everything about Sarah Palin, it distracts from the real issues. Obama may have made an ill-considered remark, given that Palin just did her whole "lipstick on a pitbull" analogy (oh yeah, good one!) but he wasn't even talking about Palin, he was talking about McCain's policies. The controversy is all smoke and mirrors and as voters, we are being duped by the flashy sideshow.[/Quote]

I agree, this is completely stupid and blown way out of proportion and the press eats it up. It works both ways though, its just that this time its the Dems that are facing this crap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]Don't you love it?? Their panties are in a bunch over this...oh well, at least it's got Jane Swift working again.[/Quote]

She's probably billing the taxpayers for every complaint she utters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]That's total BS, everytime a politician opens his/her mouth the Dems explode over "intended" meaning like Gov. Patterson claiming that "Community Organizer" is code word for black. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander. If they dems don't like it they should stop making much ado about nothing themselves. Obama should stop claiming to be taking the High Road because he's nowhere near it.[/Quote]

I was specifically referencing when McCain used the same
    phrase.

Speaking of panties in a bunch. Better pick your wedge before it
    gets too sweaty and you can't wear those undies again
    tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]Totally disagree! Palin is a used up skank![/Quote]

But I like skanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaryMary2005. Show MaryMary2005's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

I'm an Independant and I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm not "right" wing or "left" wing. I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans. I base my vote on the qualifications of the candidate, the actual record of the candidate, not on their speeches or on their promises.

Even though I refuse to be tied down to a party, it is becoming more difficult to see the worth of the Democratic party. This is MY PERSONAL experience: I have found that the people I've had to deal with who declare themselves to be staunch Democrats are very intolerant and very elitist. Whenever I've had to vote and decided that the Republican candidate was better than the Democratic one, I've been called a traitor to my race and to my gender. (How do they know who I voted for? Some types of elections they make you declare a party if you want to get the parties ballot. My husband told them it was none of their business, but we wouldn't have been able to vote otherwise.) I refuse to get into any debates with them because I will be called all sorts of names if I happen to disagree with something they say.

I don't want to argue about the war or about the economy. My best argument will come when I step into my local voting booth, fill out and cast my ballot. No amount of name calling or screaming will change anything.

As far as I'm concerned, Obama and McCain are both pigs with lipstick and old fish in newspaper. Whether he meant those words towards Palin (and McCain himself with the old fish reference), I think the man knew EXACTLY what he was doing. This, however, isn't really newsworthy or worth arguing about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

But I like skanks.[/Quote]

we know

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-jack. Show s-jack's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

Yes, but Sarah Palin is hotter.[/Quote]

I think I'm in love with Sarah. To anyone afraid of Sarah "having her finger on the button", I'll tell you, she can put her finger on my button anytime she wants

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-jack. Show s-jack's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]Get over the black/white issues you have, you keep the stereotype of the scared, racist bostonian alive!][/Quote]

Michelle? Miss O?

hey I'm sorry but you do look like Wesley Snipes in drag

dems the breaks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevilinBoston. Show DevilinBoston's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote][Quote]any man married to Noxeema Jackson (aka Wesley Snipes' dragqueen in "To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"), has no business calling anyone a pig.

separated at birth?

www.haitiwebs.com/forums/attachments/world_news/14034d1212686667t-michelle_barack_obamas_show_them_silly_love-pf_obama_michelle.jpg" alt="" />www.prisma-online.de/image/d6/mm672516bcbd595ad6.jpeg" alt="" />[Typical boston, have any issue and it becomes an attack on anyone black. That virulent racism is always right there under the surface, isn't it. By the way idiot, if you had been bothering to read, the statement was in relation to McSame's policies, not about Palin. Get over the black/white issues you have, you keep the stereotype of the scared, racist bostonian alive!][/Quote]

And...scene...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

Palin is there for the stupid vote. Middle America who will jump on anyone that justifies their lack of schooling and throws around JESUS and CHRISTIANITY like they have any clue.

She shouldn't have compared herself to a dog to begin with. Now she should be mad about being compared to a PIG? Yeah, a pitbull was better.

We don't need another "stupid" vote. That's how we got in this mess as Bush made stupid the new COOL. Just make it up as you go, say you are for the good of the people AND GOD and now we have a nation of nobodies thinking they are the next to be handed millions of dollars for being alive.

Just look at TV. It's all "reality" shows filled with nobodies and they are EDITED. Where's the reality? American Idols when they are singing karaoke.

NO MORE STUPID! NO MORE STUPID!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver. Show madriver's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

Let's see.....McCain uses the expression when referring to something about Hilary Clinton and that was ok. He uses it a few more times (not sure of the context) and that's ok. Obama uses it once, as part of a critique of the McCain/Palin claim of being change agents, and the Republicans explode - with the first "rebuttal" issued just 1 hour after Obama's statement and an internet ad early the next morning.

What's wrong here? Is this how the next 2 months will be or can both parties start taking this election seriously? PLEASE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristenm72. Show kristenm72's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

We don't need another "stupid" vote. That's how we got in this mess as Bush made stupid the new COOL. Just make it up as you go, say you are for the good of the people AND GOD and now we have a nation of nobodies thinking they are the next to be handed millions of dollars for being alive.

Thank you so much for saying this! It is exactly what I have been thinking for the past 8 years, and "Bush made stupid the new COOL" sums it up beautifully. Sarah Palin is ready to pick up right where he's leaving off, and "middle America" is eating it up. Nauseating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]...I'll tell you, she can put her finger on my button anytime she wants[/Quote]
    Bet she wouldn't mind if you put your finger on her button, either....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote][/Quote]

Less pig, more chick!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]

That, to me, is the funniest part of all this: the person they actually trot out to feign outrage is Jane Swift?!??! By all accounts, Mrs. Swift has more experience than Mrs. Palin.

I compared Mrs. Palin to Mrs. Swift early on... the truth is much, much funnier when it hurts.[/Quote]
    That may not be fair, Palin probably got more done, but Swift had twins. Let us not forget how fast Jane Swift dropped out when Romney decided to run

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]we know[/Quote]
    But not hippie skanks. That's downright disgusting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]Let's see.....McCain uses the expression when referring to something about Hilary Clinton and that was ok. He uses it a few more times (not sure of the context) and that's ok. Obama uses it once, as part of a critique of the McCain/Palin claim of being change agents, and the Republicans explode - with the first "rebuttal" issued just 1 hour after Obama's statement and an internet ad early the next morning.

What's wrong here? Is this how the next 2 months will be or can both parties start taking this election seriously? PLEASE![/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

[Quote]Let's see.....McCain uses the expression when referring to something about Hilary Clinton and that was ok. He uses it a few more times (not sure of the context) and that's ok. Obama uses it once, as part of a critique of the McCain/Palin claim of being change agents, and the Republicans explode - with the first "rebuttal" issued just 1 hour after Obama's statement and an internet ad early the next morning.

What's wrong here? Is this how the next 2 months will be or can both parties start taking this election seriously? PLEASE![/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

I thought he was referring to the whole re-rollout of the disastrous Bush/Cheney economic policies with a new face: Lipstick on a pig. In any event it is a diversion. Another major bank went bellyup todoay. Experts say more to come. The GOP doesn't want to talk about its record, and the media haven't been able to get the McCain campaign to really let them question Palin. Meanwhile everyday there is a new disclosure about her record in Alaska, not quite the reformer they're trying to sell.

Ready to be Vice-President, according to the GOP, and still prepping for her first meeting with the press. So we get the identical stump speech everyday and the base is singing hosannahs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourimaginaryfriend. Show yourimaginaryfriend's posts

Lipstick on a Pig

Bush made stupid the new COOL.

I love that line!

Anyway, a Republican said today, and I qoute " This ( the lipstick comment) is getting "beyond stupid!" I couldn't find out who said it, but Brian Williams repoted it tonight on NBC