Neda

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Xaphius. Show Xaphius's posts

Re: Neda

[QUOTE]The discontent in the streets is obvious.  This is clearly not a manufactured event by the C.I.A. (as if we have much influence after 1979 revolution). Sheepy is a one trick pony: all facts are squeezed into his pathetic global elite conspiracy.  I am reminded of having dinner with a member the American Communist Party in the 1980s.  When asked about the Solidarity workers' protest movement, he dismissed it as a C.I.A. plot.  Sure.  The more things change...   Ideologues don't really think.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the discontent in Iran is for real.  This is why I keep begging people to step back from the ledge when it comes to aggressive posturing in that country.  I'm a broken record here, but moderate Persians are driven into the arms of radicals, when we attempt to dominate them.  Tribal pride - to say nothing of the will to survive - kicks in, and the common enemy that binds them, becomes us.

I think it would be strategically wise to make ourselves a less easy target of such hatred, which would make it harder for Iran's ruling class to use the non-stop scapegoating as a perennially successful campaign strategy.

But....it's hard for me to imagine that our CIA isn't at LEAST channeling money to opposition groups somehow, or getting involved in its habitual election tampering / propaganda ops (such as, fake 'Iranian' news outlets).  That's kind of their main gig (speaking of one trick ponies)....

Oh well.  I grasp and occasioanlly share your frustration, but as you know, I'm not different enough to feel anything but hypocritical if I were too very harsh.

I just tend to see the Big IT as more complicated, and less monolithic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

[QUOTE]Geesh... Bush did it. I don't give a craap if your US/UK CIA (BS) conspiracy theory is true. I don't give a craap about Iran. Let the Arabs kill each other.. better than them killing us (or our allies).
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

Happy to see an idiot conservative demonstating his ignorance.  Iranians are not Arabs.  If you were to call an Iranian an Arab, he would consider that an insult.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[QUOTE]Geesh... Bush did it. I don't give a craap if your US/UK CIA (BS) conspiracy theory is true. I don't give a craap about Iran. Let the Arabs kill each other.. better than them killing us (or our allies).
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

We should keep the F out of other peoples business. If they did that to us you'd be screaming as loud as you could.

If you don't want them to kill us or our allies, we should get the F out of their countries.

And, BTW, the US and UK have a long sordid history of overthrowing other countries, getting us into BS wars, and False Flag terror.

The governments of the US, UK, and Israel, are by far, the worst  terrorists in the world.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[QUOTE]Was the C.I.A. also responsible for the one man confronting the tank in Tianamen Square?   How about John Brown at Harper's ferry?   Jesus and the crucifixion?   Death of all the dinosaurs?  When does this conspiracy ever end???? 

Conspiracies will never end, my witless friend. They've been going on since the beginning of time.

The CIA AKA Cocaine Importation Agency, has been involved in many conspiracies since their inception. That's what they do, you know.

Ooops, I forgot who I was talking to. Of course, you don't know......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

[QUOTE]Pray for the people of Iran? Why? Just so they can have another regime that exports violence and genocide? Do the revolutionaries support a peace pact with Israel? Will they stop their attempts to build a nuclear weapon even though Israel has one? Will the revolutionaries stop exporting weapons and money to Iraq so that the Shia can kill Sunnis and Americans? I'll hold my prayers until they prove themselves different than most of the rest of the Islamic world.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Iran has a large young population who wants to improve relations with the West.   Watch the youtube video of her bleeding out and you'll make the human connection.  It is very sad to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting that Fox News refused to air the video this morning because of it's disturbing content. I don't know if they showed it over the weekend.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Just the photos and not the video

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]Happy to see an idiot conservative demonstating his ignorance.  Iranians are not Arabs.  If you were to call an Iranian an Arab, he would consider that an insult.
    Posted by TheMovieFan[/QUOTE]

Good point.  The Jews have more in common with Arabs than do Iranians.  A lot more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE] Bush lied about WMD's to attack Iraq as soon as they went away from he US petro dollar.
    Posted by wallykent[/QUOTE]

Yea, those Iraqi b@st@rds went off of the US currency to that UN Food currency so we attacked them!!! Yea that is the ticket! Really?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]The discontent in the streets is obvious.  This is clearly not a manufactured event by the C.I.A. (as if we have much influence after 1979 revolution). Sheepy is a one trick pony: all facts are squeezed into his pathetic global elite conspiracy.  I am reminded of having dinner with a member the American Communist Party in the 1980s.  When asked about the Solidarity workers' protest movement, he dismissed it as a C.I.A. plot.  Sure.  The more things change...   Ideologues don't really think.

There is no doubt in my mind that the CIA is in Iran and funding many student groups. Maybe even stirring the pot of this mess. That is their job and they are good at it. At the same time the KGB is also in there stirring the other way. That is how it works in the world.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Happy to see an idiot conservative demonstating his ignorance.  Iranians are not Arabs.  If you were to call an Iranian an Arab, he would consider that an insult.
    Posted by TheMovieFan[/QUOTE]

Golly Gee Billy... Hope I didn't p1ss them off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Hey - Obama is just outraged over Neda's story. However according to Obama at today’s press conference "He's gonna wait to see how this things unfold" as he snapped at NBC's Chuck Todd who was pressing him to explain his stance on the Iranian issue.

Hey - That’s a good response for the leader of the free world. When there's a chance to stand up for freedom and democracy he's gonna wait to see how things unfold. That’s up there with "above my pay grade".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

She is on page 1 above the fold all over the world.  She is the martyr the Ayatolla and Ahmaminijihad are terrified of.