Obama: Don't Pick Clinton as Veep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beoattlo. Show beoattlo's posts

He can win without her and she and her finger wagging husband will try to upstage her at every turn. Richardson is the better pick. Otherwise, if he picks Hillary, better get a food taster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StandardDeviation. Show StandardDeviation's posts

Please.   Give one more reason for the Hillary supporters to gather around McCain.  They actually hate Obama more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[Quote]Please.   Give one more reason for the Hillary supporters to gather around McCain.  They actually hate Obama more.[/Quote]
    By the time the election rolls around the Hillary Dems will get over it an vote for Obama. The Dems do not under an circumstance want another Republican President. No way, no how.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceanus58. Show oceanus58's posts

Absolutely not. This entire pre-campaign has been about her and Bill -- and all the slights they suffered along the way. If Obama picks her as his running mate, we can expect more of the drama. Please -- he said his campaign is all about change. Which means do not bring on the Clinton baggage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im-at-work. Show Im-at-work's posts

Not Hillary.  I don't think I can face the prospect of The Bill & Hillary Show, with all its angst & drama, even for the next 5 months.

Bill & Hillary were then, this is now. Obama promised change, and that's what we want. New faces, new ideas, new people. No more oldster America-Is-Number-One World War 2 rhetoric. No more baby-boomers fighting Sixties battles.

We want change and thinking for the 21st century, and Bill & Hillary aren't it.

Hillary is a strong and capable leader, but just wasn't chosen for the job. I'm tired of the both of them, Bill & Hillary...they're exhausting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nautic3727. Show nautic3727's posts

John McCain is the best choice for President.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runawaychild. Show runawaychild's posts

Hillary is not a good choice  for VP.  Obama is going to have enoug to deal with he doesn't need her baggage, namely Bill. Furthermore, should the Obama-Clinton team win the White House who's to say Bill won't get himself into one of his piccadillos and embarrass the Obama administration as he did his own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kisses. Show kisses's posts

[Quote]it would appear that Obama has absolutely no intention of putting Hillary in the VP slot. 

When a child or animal like a horse or an elephant needs to be trained and has a temper tantrum, you let them rattle and rail until they’re exhausted. You don’t fight them; you just let them work themselves into a frenzy until they get tired. Then after it all, you lead them to do what you want them to. Intense anger is hard to sustain for long periods of time.

Obama, while having nothing but praise for Hillary, has been ignoring her and her supporters for quite awhile now since his success appeared to be imminent these last few months. He’s doing it now. Hillary has been unconsciously feeding on her supporters negative emotions, and they’ve clouded her ability to see reality when everyone knew it a month or two ago, and chart a different course to maximize her position. She’s burned her bridges now, having forced the DNC to make difficult decisions on Michigan and Florida when it would have made no difference in the long run, and hinted at “force” of 18 million voters to Obama. A person’s character is fully revealed when they are in a losing position, and Obama has seen it.  He will let them be angry, to get it out of their system before August. Obama will probably be very very slow to choose a VP, to buy time and let the anger run down. When he makes an announcement on the VP, it won’t be Hillary. But by the time he chooses, Hillary and her team will be outspent on emotions and will buck a lot less than if he chooses now. His calm approach and his delay will be to his advantage.

How is this evident? Notice how his team has been told to be mum regarding Hillary’s antics. With calmness and understanding/sympathy they know she will eventually come to reality. As she has.

Next, he has chosen to take the classic corporate approach to dealing with difficult decisions. When a large company needs to lay off a considerable number of employees, they often choose to hire a consultant who comes to the same decision they already know. But the consultant takes the heat. When Obama announces the VP person and it’s not Hilary, the nation will look to the review team. How can the Democratic party vent as much anger as they would like on the view team when Caroline Kennedy, crown political princess of the party headed the team? Brilliant.

Last but not least, Obama has allowed the party, not his own camp to force Hillary to accept defeat. He will use them again at the convention. 

It will not be all roses, but the strategy will pay off far better than any other solution

So right....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

I think if  Obama picks Hillary as his VP he'll beat McCain.  Without her, I don't think he wins.

I really don't care either way.  McCain is a God-awful candidate and Obama is slightly worse.  We're hosed no matter who wins.

But the media loves this - they got what they've always wanted : two Liberal Democrats running for president.

Oh well.  We just gotta hold on until 2012.  Hopefully, by that time we'll get a couple of qualified candidates for president.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

I think if  Obama picks Hillary as his VP he'll beat McCain.  Without her, I don't think he wins.

I really don't care either way.  McCain is a God-awful candidate and Obama is slightly worse.  We're hosed no matter who wins.

But the media loves this - they got what they've always wanted : two Liberal Democrats running for president.

Oh well.  We just gotta hold on until 2012.  Hopefully, by that time we'll get a couple of qualified candidates for president.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

[Quote]John McCain is the best choice for mummification.[/Quote]

A mummified John McCain would be far less damaging to this country than Barack Obama.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]A mummified John McCain would be far less damaging to this country than Barack Obama.[/Quote]

Care to quantify that statement?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[Quote]Care to quantify that statement?[/Quote]

Republicans can't quantify anything.  They can only regurgitate talking points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

[Quote]Care to quantify that statement?[/Quote]

I did.  Go back a few posts.  This new message board is odd - my reply to you appears before your post.   Not sure what happened....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

[Quote]Republicans can't quantify anything.  They can only regurgitate talking points.[/Quote]

Funny.  Especially considering our do-nothing Governor Cadillac Deval Patrick got elected to office on nothing but talking points. 

And Barack Obama is an empty suit just like Deval - lots of flowery rhetoric and grandiose plans but no real plan on implementing any of it. 

At least Deval's damage is limited to just MA.  If Obama wins, the entire country will get Deval'd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistergman123. Show mistergman123's posts

[Quote]Republicans can't quantify anything.  They can only regurgitate talking points.[/Quote]

As an aside - who said I was a Republican?  Just because I don't like Obama or Juan McCain doesn't automatically make me a Republican.

It means I have a clue, but says nothing about my politicial affiliation...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from milliepolanco. Show milliepolanco's posts

to be sure  OBAMA SHOULD PICK HILLARY FOR THE VP SPOT >>>
    WE WILL WIN!!!!! WHEN YOU GET MARRY YOU WEAR OLD & NEW SO THINK ABOUT THIS .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doc51. Show Doc51's posts

If it wasn't for the DNC and the Clinton's who the heck would know Obama? Okay, it came back to bite them on the backside. Many of you hated Hillary from day she set foot in the White House. Do you really think Mrs. I Am Proud To Be An American won't be sticking her nose where it doesn't belong?
    I wanted to vote as a democrat. The night of Super Tuesday turned me off. We are going to do this. We are going to do that. Who the heck is we Mr. Obama? We the taxpayers who can't afford to sit on our backside, light up a Camel, because this isn't the promised land? 
    Just once stand up and say if you want to be part of the American dream...get a job and contribute to the economy and society. There is no WE in taxpayer. The free handouts have ended.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer11. Show summer11's posts

It's interesting how it is taboo to make any racial remarks about Obama or feminist remarks about Hillary but McCain's age is okay. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer11. Show summer11's posts

It's interesting how it is taboo to make any racial remarks about Obama or feminist remarks about Hillary but McCain's age is okay. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer11. Show summer11's posts

[Quote]John McCain is the best choice for mummification, but that's about the extent of it.[/Quote]

It's interesting how a racial remark about Obama or a feminist remark about Hillary is taboo but it is okay to slam McCain based on his age.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer11. Show summer11's posts

[Quote]John McCain is the best choice for mummification, but that's about the extent of it.[/Quote]

It's interesting how a racial remark about Obama or a feminist remark about Hillary is taboo but it is okay to slam McCain based on his age.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer11. Show summer11's posts

I am confused.  Is Obama a Republican?  Because he sure does not seem to be able to quanitify anything.  "Yes we can" "Change"  I believe there will be change but I think people seem to just assume the change they will receive will be positive.  If I become homeless tomorrow that is a change but not for the better.  I have not heard one single discussion about issues from this man.  I would like to give him a fair chance but not only is his experience lacking, the little we do know about him has proved to show very poor judgment. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from acaamano. Show acaamano's posts

I completely agree with beoattlo.

Obama can without Hillary on the ticket. Those still unable to deal with the reality that Obama is the presumptive nominee, of which there are many, who threaten that they will vote for McCain if they have to choose between him and Obama hardly sound as though they will change their minds if Hillary were made part of the ticket.

The only way to move the country forward is to add someone to the ticket who will bring in a new set of voters to the fold, such as Hispanics, if Richardson became part of the ticket. It also won't hurt to add Richardson's experience to the ticket, to tamp down some of the hollow critics regarding Obama's experience.

Sections
Shortcuts