Obama opens a six point lead on Romney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney

In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : But, I am better than the rest of you.  Isn't that obvious?
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

A little humor skeeter. I like it. Esp. this weekend. A lot better than the insane name calling that has occurred in the past by everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Someone described Romney as "a well lubricated weather vane." He has changed his positions to appeal to the crazy Republican base.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Unlike the liberal Democrats with Obama, we didn't fall for it.  That's why he is at 25% and holding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : A little humor skeeter. I like it. Esp. this weekend. A lot better than the insane name calling that has occurred in the past by everyone.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]

I might have opinions out of the mainstream, but I don't take myself as serious as many here.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : It's a quote from My Fair Lady.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

No kidding. But for those of us raised on music...literally...could we please leave "My Fair Lady", etc., out of the debating. Music feeds the soul. Hate to see it used to put anyone down.

Want to discuss greatest Broadway musicals that were made into films...those that succeeded and those that did not and why there are so few non-animated musicals in current times, why do we not have a discussion on that???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Obama opens a six point lead on Romney:
    [QUOTE]President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

The incumbent president only has a six point lead?...ouch...that's pathetic. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]The simple reason that Obama is leading romney is that romney just can't be trusted !
    Posted by Sistersledge[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha....NO politician can be trusted. Seriously it's like you're new to politics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Can we please agree to stop waving polls around? At least for 8 months?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I think that is one heck of a great idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]Can we please agree to stop waving polls around? At least for 8 months?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I agree as well...polls are essentially meaningless..that being said..Romney has turned out to be a big disappointment to me..given the recent cheap shots and disingenous advertisements..he's not the leader or the person I thought he was..well run campaign aside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : I agree as well...polls are essentially meaningless..that being said..Romney has turned out to be a big disappointment to me..given the recent cheap shots and disingenous advertisements..he's not the leader or the person I thought he was..well run campaign aside.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Campaign has been well run until that commercial. Unbelievably misleading is an understatement. All the neutral sites agree. I am surprised that the media continues to run that ad. Those are Sen. McCain's words from his losing 2008 campaign. President Obama, then Sen. Obama was merely repeating McCain's words in a campaign speech. 

So, Romney has proved once again he will do or say anything to become president. Newt, despite his recent surge, is a paper tiger. No money. Cannot wait to see what the GOP candidates do next.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

Was this poll taken by the same people who had Martha Coakley leading Scott Brown by some 15 percentage points just before the senatorial election?  Right, and how did that work out.  Chuckleheads. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Was this poll taken by the same people who had Martha Coakley leading Scott Brown by some 15 percentage points just before the senatorial election?  Right, and how did that work out.  Chuckleheads. 
    Posted by bobcatsr[/QUOTE]

Heh bobcatsr:

If you read the above the above posts, 3 of us have agreed to take a hiatus from waving around polls for about 8 months. Maybe you agree that might be a good idea as well?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SalveteAmici. Show SalveteAmici's posts

[QUOTE]President Obama has opened up a six-point lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. This is the widest gap between the two men since mid-August. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Obama earning 44% support from Likely Voters, while Romney receives 38% of the vote.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It continues to amaze me how this president continues the have this much continuing support. Are all totally blind to vote for bigger and bigger government and rally around a president who is a true believer in the European model welfare state despite them crashing?
    People all rile against Congress, but give a blind eye towards President Barack Obama for it is His Ideology, His Policies and His Directions and His actions, including class division (Warfare) for He cannot possibly defend his record. He has no other political alternative, but to attack and deflect, as a cover his own inability to govern effectively
    Congress is deadlocked as a result.

Think about it America,

We are now paying the full price for the careless and dangerous mistake made in November of 2008 with the election of Barack Obama as President. in my opinion,he has now passed President Carter as the worst president in US history...he can now place this award alongside his Noble Peace Prize.

Be honest with yourselves here

Barack Obama's primary qualification for being president was that he had been a U.S. Senator for only 142 days prior to announcing his run for the presidency. Prior to that, he had been a nobody. He had been a nobody Illinois state senator., where he was voted the most liberal Senator ever, and did not complete his elected term to run for president. Prior to that he was a community agitator an attorney for the formerly known corrupted Acorn. He had never ran a business and he had never met a payroll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : In Response to Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : It continues to amaze me how this president continues the have this much continuing support. Are all totally blind to vote for bigger and bigger government and rally around a president who is a true believer in the European model welfare state despite them crashing? People all rile against Congress, but give a blind eye towards President Barack Obama for it is His Ideology, His Policies and His Directions and His actions, including class division (Warfare) for He cannot possibly defend his record. He has no other political alternative, but to attack and deflect, as a cover his own inability to govern effectively Congress is deadlocked as a result. Think about it America, We are now paying the full price for the careless and dangerous mistake made in November of 2008 with the election of Barack Obama as President. in my opinion,he has now passed President Carter as the worst president in US history...he can now place this award alongside his Noble Peace Prize. Be honest with yourselves here Barack Obama's primary qualification for being president was that he had been a U.S. Senator for only 142 days prior to announcing his run for the presidency. Prior to that, he had been a nobody. He had been a nobody Illinois state senator., where he was voted the most liberal Senator ever, and did not complete his elected term to run for president. Prior to that he was a community agitator an attorney for the formerly known corrupted Acorn. He had never ran a business and he had never met a payroll.
    Posted by SalveteAmici[/QUOTE]

Be honest with yourself? Look to your own point of view. Obviously you have breathed in the ideological fumes of the right and they have consumed you ability to think rationally. Worst president ever? You don't know your history past or present. Try Buchanan who dithered while the country plunged into Civil War. Or Bush II who bumbled into a war we did not have to fight, then did not pay for it all while the economy tilted towards an economic collapse. Obama has his faults, but at least he is trying to cure some of what ails us. The G.O.P.? Endless complaints and empty platitudes are about all you get.  Now that is the reality.   Why don't you see it? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : Campaign has been well run until that commercial. Unbelievably misleading is an understatement. All the neutral sites agree. I am surprised that the media continues to run that ad. Those are Sen. McCain's words from his losing 2008 campaign. President Obama, then Sen. Obama was merely repeating McCain's words in a campaign speech.  So, Romney has proved once again he will do or say anything to become president. Newt, despite his recent surge, is a paper tiger. No money. Cannot wait to see what the GOP candidates do next.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]

Hi Andiejen...yes..the latest ads by Romney did it for me as well. My son is blissfully  happy no doubt that I am now officially over what he likes to refer to as my "Romney crush"...funny how wise he is. We all know crushes are never based in reality..but rather how we idealize a person. I guess I've been guilty of that...but there is ..for sure..a limit to how much or how long I will idealize someone and Romney has reached that limit.
    Good point about Gingrich being a paper tiger. I guess my concern now is that he is going to be a distraction in NH . I would love to see Huntsman as the nominee...but barring a miracle it will not likely happen.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]RCP averages all the pollsters and comes up with Obama +1.5. Hate to burst your bubble, but that ain't good
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Gregin:

I know this is called "Obama opens up a 6 point lead to Romney", but, on the last page it was proposed that maybe we all stop waving polls around for a bit. 

I agreed. What do you think? For a few months perhaps?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : In Response to Obama opens a six point lead on Romney : It continues to amaze me how this president continues the have this much continuing support. Are all totally blind to vote for bigger and bigger government and rally around a president who is a true believer in the European model welfare state despite them crashing? People all rile against Congress, but give a blind eye towards President Barack Obama for it is His Ideology, His Policies and His Directions and His actions, including class division (Warfare) for He cannot possibly defend his record. He has no other political alternative, but to attack and deflect, as a cover his own inability to govern effectively Congress is deadlocked as a result. Think about it America, We are now paying the full price for the careless and dangerous mistake made in November of 2008 with the election of Barack Obama as President. in my opinion,he has now passed President Carter as the worst president in US history...he can now place this award alongside his Noble Peace Prize. Be honest with yourselves here Barack Obama's primary qualification for being president was that he had been a U.S. Senator for only 142 days prior to announcing his run for the presidency. Prior to that, he had been a nobody. He had been a nobody Illinois state senator., where he was voted the most liberal Senator ever, and did not complete his elected term to run for president. Prior to that he was a community agitator an attorney for the formerly known corrupted Acorn. He had never ran a business and he had never met a payroll.
    Posted by SalveteAmici[/QUOTE]

Sal:

Hi. Nice to see you again, as it were. But I have to agree with Reub. in the next comment.

How about you share which of the GOP candidates you want in the President's chair...and why?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

So a Leftie starts a thread that pretty much backfires on the Left and now it's "hey let's not talk about polls". Haha....precious...ya just can't make this stuff up.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]So a Leftie starts a thread that pretty much backfires on the Left and now it's "hey let's not talk about polls". Haha....precious...ya just can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

I am happy to wave around polls, WhichOnesPink. Was not my idea. I just concurred. Maybe thought it would be more useful writing about other things.

The GOP polls have been such a roller coaster I am literally getting nauseated. Just like on real roller coasters. Why waste our time when they have proved to nothing but entertainment at this point? As, what will Romney say or do to get out of the 20s? Who is going to shoot up this week and who is going to go spiraling down? Who is up but is nothing more than a paper tiger? Rick Perry who? Michele Bachman who? Forget the candidates who never got traction.

So, if you would like to wave around polls for the next 11 months, I am sure we all can accommodate you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I think polls are useless. I was just merely pointing out how the Left's position changed when the info didn't suit them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]So a Leftie starts a thread that pretty much backfires on the Left and now it's "hey let's not talk about polls". Haha....precious...ya just can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Btw...really do not know where to put this, but this should brighten your day if you did not know already. Barney Frank is not seeking re-election. Is having a press conference to announce his decision. An open seat in MA. And Frank out of Congress. Merry Xmas.

Sections
Shortcuts