OWS New York

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: OWS New York

Come on Greg....just go back to your yacht with your Cristal champagne and caviar...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I hate to say it, but OWS protesters are average Obama supporters.  Stupid, lazy, and self-centered.

I wouldn't go that far. I think the fact that most of these Occupiers are so young that it shows how clueless they are and I think it gives us all a really good idea what this younger generation is all about.
    These kids are from the "everybody wins" model. I think it shows how much trouble we're in as a country. Everybody doesn't win all the time. In life there are winners and losers. Always has been and always will be. Having everyone be equal just doesn't work. Never has, never will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: OWS New York:
    [QUOTE]I hate to say it, but OWS protesters are average Obama supporters.  Stupid, lazy, and self-centered. I wouldn't go that far. I think the fact that most of these Occupiers are so young that it shows how clueless they are and I think it gives us all a really good idea what this younger generation is all about. These kids are from the "everybody wins" model. I think it shows how much trouble we're in as a country. Everybody doesn't win all the time. In life there are winners and losers. Always has been and always will be. Having everyone be equal just doesn't work. Never has, never will.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

This is fairly spot on, and just lately I've been catching myself more bewildered with the parents of the protesters than with the protesters themselves.

Who raised these people to believe that somebody else owed them a living, or indeed that life was going to be in any way "fair."

It's very troubling to me that there are so many people who view this as perfectly acceptable.

I hate to be the one to break this to some of you, but real life keeps score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to say it, but OWS protesters are average Obama supporters.  Stupid, lazy, and self-centered. I wouldn't go that far. I think the fact that most of these Occupiers are so young that it shows how clueless they are and I think it gives us all a really good idea what this younger generation is all about. These kids are from the "everybody wins" model. I think it shows how much trouble we're in as a country. Everybody doesn't win all the time. In life there are winners and losers. Always has been and always will be. Having everyone be equal just doesn't work. Never has, never will.

Are you saying these kids are too big to fail? 

I agree on the everyone wins scenario.  They are not equating hard work with success.  In their world, success is a birthright.  I would say that makes them stupid, lazy, and self-centered.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]they're not equating hard work with success because hard work doesn't equate with success.. lol... "OWS is obama supporters" hahahahahaha i think old naive people are what is wrong with this country.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Not always.  But you seem afraid to try. 

That's the real shame here.  these kids are flushing their future away.  Hard work is rewarding, getting ahead is rewarding.  Instead, they throw little temper tantrums hoping the government will steal some money for them.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]i've never had a problem maintaining a job. these kids aren't flushing anything away. they are makng their future. again, not everyone wants to be a wage slave, work hard, and be underpaid and over worked. that's your life, maybe you like that.

Nice talking points. Last I checked it takes money to pay for things like shelter, food, clothing, etc. People obtain money through working, whether for themselves or for someone else...you know because it's impossible for everyone to own a business. 
    Just because YOU accept jobs where you're underpaid and over worked is your own fault. Been working for 20+ years now and I can count on two hands how many times I've had to work more than 8 hours in a day.
    These kids have no clue about reality.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : This is fairly spot on, and just lately I've been catching myself more bewildered with the parents of the protesters than with the protesters themselves. Who raised these people to believe that somebody else owed them a living, or indeed that life was going to be in any way "fair." It's very troubling to me that there are so many people who view this as perfectly acceptable. I hate to be the one to break this to some of you, but real life keeps score.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

They were raised the ongoing idea of the "American Dream".  They are upset that they may not be able to achieve it.  There is a gap between the ideal and the reality.  Part of that is just growing up, but part of it is the current nature of our society and economy.  These kids feel they are looking at a very questionable future.   And to a large extent they are right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]i've never had a problem maintaining a job. these kids aren't flushing anything away. they are makng their future. again, not everyone wants to be a wage slave, work hard, and be underpaid and over worked. that's your life, maybe you like that.

I am truly sorry that you see work this way.  I think you are missing the glorious blessing of work.

As far of those who don't want to work, well, don't.  However, that is not a ticket to my paycheck to feed them.  If you don't want to work, go to some mountain somewhere and await the fate that comes to those who do not help themselves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : They were raised the ongoing idea of the "American Dream".  They are upset that they may not be able to achieve it.  There is a gap between the ideal and the reality.  Part of that is just growing up, but part of it is the current nature of our society and economy.  These kids feel they are looking at a very questionable future.   And to a large extent they are right.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

I agree that might be part of it, but as you indicate, there has always been a gap between the ideal and the reality.  If you really want to find blame for crushing the American dream, well, plenty of blame to go around, most of it I lay at the feet of politicians, both parties.  Wall st, not so much, but a bit. 

I would have to lay most blame at  the feet of politicians, who have systematically tried to eliminate failure in our society.  Why shouldn't Wall st. take big risks if the government will bail out  the failures?  isn't that what the capital asset pricing theory indicates?  So, even for Wall St, the blame comes back to the politicians, and the elimination of failure and risk in our society creates a financial environment where failure is not possible.  A financier has to bet big.

What does "to big to fail"  mean, anyways?  Out of failure comes the success of the next generation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : They were raised the ongoing idea of the "American Dream".  They are upset that they may not be able to achieve it.  There is a gap between the ideal and the reality.  Part of that is just growing up, but part of it is the current nature of our society and economy.  These kids feel they are looking at a very questionable future.   And to a large extent they are right.

Questionable future? Are humans going extinct within the next decade or two that I'm not aware about? Economies go up and down. We'll bounce back and jobs will come back and this time will be in history books until the next time off in the future when the economy takes another hit. Ups and downs....ups and downs.
    And how can these kids know they are unable to achieve the "American Dream" if they haven't even tried?
    My neighbor had her gutters cleans by some recent college grads that JUST formed their "company". It's two friends who put their services on Servicemagic.com. In lieu of no jobs in their fields they decided on a way to make money in the meantime. Instead of whining about having no opportunities they MADE their own opportunity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : Questionable future? Are humans going extinct within the next decade or two that I'm not aware about? Economies go up and down. We'll bounce back and jobs will come back and this time will be in history books until the next time off in the future when the economy takes another hit. Ups and downs....ups and downs. And how can these kids know they are unable to achieve the "American Dream" if they haven't even tried? My neighbor had her gutters cleans by some recent college grads that JUST formed their "company". It's two friends who put their services on Servicemagic.com. In lieu of no jobs in their fields they decided on a way to make money in the meantime. Instead of whining about having no opportunities they MADE their own opportunity.

You predict the future so well. But you have a job and no massive student loans to pay. That helps with your optimism.  One in three kids in their twenties are unemployed. That is a harsh reality that can't simply be wished away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : You predict the future so well. But you have a job and no massive student loans to pay. That helps with your optimism.  One in three kids in their twenties are unemployed. That is a harsh reality that can't simply be wished away.

When I graduated from college it was a tough economy with jobs being scarce. It didn't last forever. But lack of jobs isn't what OWS is about. But you know that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : When I graduated from college it was a tough economy with jobs being scarce. It didn't last forever. But lack of jobs isn't what OWS is about. But you know that.

Really?  You are in no position to speak for my thoughts.  I really think the primary motivation of their protest is a feeling of lost economic opportunity.  But what do you think is the "real" reason for the protest?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OWS New York : Really?  You are in no position to speak for my thoughts.  I really think the primary motivation of their protest is a feeling of lost economic opportunity.  But what do you think is the "real" reason for the protest?

Well for some they have no idea why or what they are protesting. But for those who do it's mainly the corruption between Wall St and our govt. Although for some reason they only seem to be focusing on Wall St.
    But then of course there are those who are protesting to have their student loans wiped away...and for some all debt wiped away. What a joke some of these aholes are

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]pink did you attend college? if yes, did you pay your own way? if yes, how much was tuition?

Yes. Yes. Go fcuk yourself

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]if you wanna know what pink thinks just turn on bill o'reilly or any other fox news station. same talking points, same ignorance, same flawed logic.

Really? Please point out just one of my posts that echoes something that was said on FOX. Considering I haven't watched O'Reilly/FOX since 2003 I would say YOUR logic is flawed

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]"Well for some they have no idea why or what they are protesting. But for those who do it's mainly the corruption between Wall St and our govt. Although for some reason they only seem to be focusing on Wall St. But then of course there are those who are protesting to have their student loans wiped away...and for some all debt wiped away. What a joke some of these aholes are" gee, looky looky i only had to go as far as your last post. same use of false dichotomies, same talking points, same ignorant insults.

Hahahaha....I could have said "my favorite color is green" and you would still accuse me of talking points. 
    Ok, let's see if you'll FINALLY actually answer a question...

What ARE they protesting?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]your need for short explanations for complicated topics shows how simple minded you are. i already provided you with a link to a columbia university discussion on ows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBzLnw2Ya8k&list=LLUbb484EiputGY3ZAjLBX5w&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Yup....just as I figured. You are simply unable to answer direct questions. 

Ironic how you accuse others of talking points but when you're asked direct questions you need to post videos to do your answering. I didn't ask Columbia University the question...I asked YOU...therefore I expect YOUR answer.