Racism and Right Wing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goright. Show Goright's posts

Re: Racism and Right Wing

The Tea Party National Convention condemned the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People for explicit racism.

Tea Party spokesperson Derrick Devan said members of the party were insulted by the association's use of epithets in its own name and its lack of diversity.

"In this day and age, to call someone a 'colored' is offensive and should be cast into the recesses of history with other reminders of a racist age," said Devan. "Couldn't they rename it 'National Association of People of Color?'"

Dr. Franklin Franks, a representative of the NAACP said that the association couldn't rename it for "people of color" because it may allow "other people" in.

"The next thing you know we'd have a bunch of Jews or Hispanics running the place," said Franks. "Or a Chinaman. You know how they are."

The Tea Party also condemned the organization's lack of diversity. While Tea Party members come in all races and nationalities, the NAACP only allows black people in.

It's a charge that Franks acknowledges, but says is just an attempt for Tea Party members to  deflect against its own allegations of racism.

"It's just the pot calling the kettle colored," said Franks. "err. Black." 

I hope a La Raza member can comment on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from estep11. Show estep11's posts

In Response to Re: Racism and Right Wing:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Racism and Right Wing : Affirmative action is nothing compared to the institutional racism that still exists in certain areas.  No one dies from affirmative action.  Many people have been killed by institutional racism.  The overall racial climate is better now, but the problem of racism still exists.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

The Institutional racism you cite must be the root cause of the Obama election.
    The liberal feel good machine found themselves the electable minority candidate preaching "change" you probably didn't notice the long line of corrupt officials in the background trying to "change" from the system that has made them.
    As for the racial climate being better now apparently you are naive enough to ignore the news.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]You mean like those Black Panther Party racists weilding weapons at voting booths....that Obama refuses to prosecute?
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

2 guys at 1 voting booth, 1 guy with a night stick.  It happened in November of 2008.  Obama took office in February 2009.  The Justice Department under BUSH investigated it and said it was a non-issue.

BUSH, not Obama.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]When you hear about "White Racism," consider this first:  A black kid can walk in my white neighborhood, and the locals and police have to be veeerrryyy cautious in dealing with them.  If they are even stopped, it's "Racism." If I, a white guy, walked into a black neighborhood, especially at night but even (some) during the day, I would get myself capped.  And the response about my murder would be, "well he shouldn't have been there anyways." All of which highlights the double standard and hypocrisy of the Democrat line on Racism.
    Posted by PragmaticAmerican[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?  Are you that afraid of black people?  The fact that you think that you would automatically get "capped" when you walked in a black neighborhood speaks volumes about you.

Is the likelihood of you getting "capped" in a black neighborhood really any higher than if you walked in a hispanic, Irish, wasp, etc neighborhood with the exact same income levels?  Are you saying that if you walked through a middle class black neighborhood you would expect to get capped but if you walked through a poor white neighborhood, you wouldn't?

Idiotic post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Racism and Right Wing : Thats just a load of crappola!!   just before the Bush administration left office, the Justice Department filed a voter-intimidation lawsuit against the men, the New Black Panther Party and its chairman. But several months later, with the government poised to win by default because the defendants didn't contest the suit, the Obama Justice Department decided the case was over-charged and narrowed it to the man with the nightstick. It secured only a narrow injunction forbidding him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of Philadelphia polling places through 2012 .   Filing suit does NOT equal it being a non-issue Obama, not Bush
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Bushies in the DOJ would never, ever do anything for political reasons.

Armed Minutemen allegedly attempted to intimidate Hispanic voters in Arizona in 2006. A November 8, 2006, Austin American-Statesman article reported (from the Nexis database): "In Arizona, Roy Warden, an anti-immigration activist with the Minutemen, and a handful of supporters staked out a Tucson precinct and questioned Hispanic voters at the polls to determine whether they spoke English." The article continued: "Armed with a 9mm Glock automatic strapped to his side, Warden said he planned to photograph Hispanic voters entering polls in an effort to identify illegal immigrants and felons."

Civil rights attorney "said he reported the incident to the FBI." A November 8, 2006, Tucson Citizen article (from Nexis) reported that Diego Bernal, a staff attorney with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) "said he reported the incident to the FBI." The article also reported that Pima County elections director Brad Nelson said: "If intimidation or coercion was going on out there, even though it might have been outside the 75-foot limit, it's something we take very seriously, and we'll be looking into it."

Perez testified that Bush-era DOJ "declined to bring any action for alleged voter intimidation" against Minutemen. As Media Matters noted, Thomas Perez, the assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division, cited the Minutemen case in his May 14 testimony to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights and said that "the Department declined to bring any action for alleged voter intimidation, notwithstanding the requests of the complaining parties." From Perez's testimony:

In another case, in Arizona, the complaint was received by a national civil rights organization regarding events in Pima, Arizona in the 2006 election when three well-known anti-immigrant advocates affiliated with the Minutemen, one of whom was carrying a gun, allegedly intimidated Latino voters at a polling place by approaching several persons, filming them, and advocating and printing voting materials in Spanish.

In that instance, the Department declined to bring any action for alleged voter intimidation, notwithstanding the requests of the complaining parties.

If you advocate for a voter imitimidation suit to be brought against Black men at a voter precinct in a black neighborhood but don't advocate just as hard for a suit to be brought against White men (carrying guns) intimidating Hispanic Voters at a voting precinct in a Hispanic neighborhood (with actual complaining parties), doesn't that make you racially biased (by you, I mean FOX News).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatItIsNow. Show WhatItIsNow's posts

[QUOTE]Are you that afraid of black people? ---------------------- Recall Jesse Jackson said he was.

I think the poster though is confusing hate crimes with normal crimes. I mean while its true if you walk through a dangerous neighborhood, you are more likely to be a crime victim than if you walk through a safe neighborhood; and it is also true that dangerous neighborhoods are more likely to have a bigger black population than non dangerous ones; he is confusing being the victim of a crime in one such neighborhood with being the victim of a hate crime. Just because the person who commits a crime against you is of another race, that doesn't make it a hate crime. A hate crime has to be motivated by identity in some way. If the person just stole your watch because they needed money ( or just really wanted to know what time it was), that wouldn't be a hate crime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]Are you that afraid of black people? ---------------------- Recall Jesse Jackson said he was.

Silly me, I thought you were going to make a post about how a suit should have been brought against the minutemen.