Remembering Sept. 11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChickenFingers. Show ChickenFingers's posts

Re: Remembering Sept. 11

As I arrived to work at 11 Penn Plaza that morning, coworkers ushered me to an office window where we could see the towers burning. I knew it was no accident. All we had was the internet and radio to hear what was happening. The streets were filled with confused people, emergency vehicles only, and evacuated workers from Penn Station. I walked around seeing the faces of my fellow NY'rs and the fear and confusion. Friends and family tried to reach me, cell phones were overloaded. Due to a staff meeting about what was happening, we did not see the towers fall but when we came back to the window and saw an empty sky many started to cry, one woman almost fainted, others stared in disbelief...

Getting home was nothing less than insane for many. When I arrived home in Park Slope, my car was covered in ashes. My heart will always hold them...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjwu81. Show sjwu81's posts

makes me as mad and sad as ever...where are we now 8 years later? are world has forever changed because of this evil. have we even captured or killed thier leaders yet? have we even one the wars? yet we are releasing prisoners, and going after our own cia and justice dept while we wait for next attack...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moe441. Show Moe441's posts

Not all have forgotten.  I know a great many who thank you for your service for your country.  It is greatly appreciated.  I not only speak as a fellow veteran I speak as one who was lucky to leave Tower # 2 early enough on that horrofic morning.   67 work colleauges were lost that day and I guarantee you their family members also thank you for your sacrafice.

Semper Fi

In Response to Re: Remembering Sept. 11:
    [QUOTE]Psychology class in college...three months later I enlisted in the Army!  Two deployments to Iraq and I find myself returning to a country that has tried to put 9/11 behind them and completly forget about it. 
    Posted by belmonty1[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from belly-of-the-beast. Show belly-of-the-beast's posts

i was listening to howard stern and they said a plane hit the world trade center. at the time, terrorism didn't occur to them. i turned on the television to see the second plane hit. it was very confusing. i got on the train to hear a woman say that the pentagon was hit. i got to work to see the tv on and only a few minutes later the first tower fell. friends were calling, i was too shocked to feel anything. it was so fast and so confusing and unfamiliar.
    i work in the financial district of boston. my building management office called to suggest we "evacuate the office as soon as possible". it made me think "do they know something i don't know?". at that time it was known that the two planes left from boston and it seemed that anything could happen at any moment. there was also talk that there were many more planes hijacked. i couldn't help feeling that we were next.
    then i went outside and saw all the buildings emptying out.  it looked like nothing i had ever seen before. that's when i panicked.  it's not every day you see so many people on the streets of boston at once. at the time i lived in an area that you need to go through an airport tunnel to get to so i wasn't going home. i took the ferry to hingham to meet a friend and stayed down there for the day glued to the tv. i dialed a friend's number, who lived in the village, hundreds of times to see if she were okay and never getting through. i remember hearing natalie jacobsen report on the irony of the date in relation to the 911 call for distress and thinking what a foolish comment that was. i ended up going home and where i was so used to hearing planes taking off all day and every day, the skies were eerily silent for a long time but i could very distantly, at times, hear fighter jets.
    i then remember, a day or two later, hearing on an am talk show a person's account of carrying a handicapped woman down 20 flights of stairs in one of the towers. i burst into tears.
    then i saw congress singing "god bless america" on the steps of the capitol, and i burst into tears.
    i remember hearing people talk about how they knew someone who knew someone who was in new york that day. i remember my boyfriend's parents saying "so and so's cousin's brother's uncle's dentist's assistant's neighbor did a presentaion there a month ago!". lots of people wanting a piece.
    i remember hearing about a girl i used to work with, whom i wasn't very fond of, was a passenger on one of the planes and thinking it was a sick joke. it wasn't.
    i remember wanting to get back at the people who did it to us. i was supportive of talk of war. i was very naive, growing up in such a relatively warless, peaceful time. i thought "drop a bomb", end it all and carry on at the top again. as a fairly liberal person, i was happy there was a republican in the white house; republicans aren't afraid to push the button. i felt it would all be over very soon. all this osama talk then morphed into saddam talk.  it didn't seem far fetched to think saddam was behind it since we had had problems with iraq in the past. now i know we were lied to. it's a very emotional series of moments to retrace and when i get to the end i think i might be angrier now than i was when the planes first hit.

it was a beautiful day.

god bless america.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from catb. Show catb's posts

I was walking from the Path station to my office on Broadway when I saw people standing in the middle of the street gazing downtown at the towers on fire. I watched the towers fall, walked 50 blocks uptown, and eventually got out of the city.  I didn't make it home until the next day.  The faces of the missing on the flyers around the city still haunt me.  I will never forget.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorch. Show dorch's posts

I was in my office facing Logan Airport when my daughter called and said a plane had hit the World Trade Center.  I went to the window and looked over at the Trade Center but didn't see anything and told her she must have heard wrong but soon we became aware of what had happened.  At first we thought a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center by accident, but when the second plane hit, we knew it was not an accident.  My office has large television screens on one floor and everyone was riveted to what was happening.  Then we heard about the plane hitting the Pentagon and that a plane had crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.  Even as I write this, I cannot help but cry!  So many lives lost.  So many families torn apart by grief.  I wear a bracelet I had made for the stewardess who was on AA#11 who alerted the Tower at Logan about the hijacking, in memory of her sacrifice.   It is a constant reminder of that bright, sunny, warm day 8 years ago today when our lives were changed forever.  Let them not have died in vain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3824015. Show user_3824015's posts

I was a junior in high school and lived in East Boston then.  What makes it so surreal for me was my route to school took me to Airport Station on the Blue line; which is only about a half-mile or so from the runway where the planes used in the attack took-off that morning. I remember going to my 3rd period C++ class and my instructor informing us of what had happened. He turned on the news telecast and we all watched it together. For the rest of the day all classes were basically suspended and every classroom had the TV tuned to the news channels.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[QUOTE]It was an inside job. I know because Charlie Sheen told me so.
    Posted by umustbekidding[/QUOTE]

Yes, Charlie is quite a man. Famous, rich, handsome, intelligent, fearless.

But to be truthful, there's a few others that share his views as well:

So select one, click on it and see what they have to say - don't be a girly man.

9/11 VICTIMS FAMILIES

Boston 9/11 Truth

Central MA 9/11 Truth

Boston Sons of Liberty

Western MA 9/11 Truth

Flyby News - MA

Vermont 9/11 Truth

Northern NE 9/11 Truth

Maine 9/11 Truth

We Are Change - NY

New York 9/11 Truth

Rochester 9/11 Truth

Albany NY 9/11 Truth

Jersey City 9/11 Truth

Philly 9/11 Truth

9/11 Research

York PA 9/11 Truth

9/11 Truth Campus Action

DC 9/11 Truth

SF 9/11 Truth

9/11 Truth LA

9/11 Truth Movement LA

Chico 9/11 Truth

9/11 Truth Seattle

9/11 Truth Tuscon

Colorado 9/11 Visibility

9/11 Reading Room Idaho

Lone Lantern Society - IL

Ann Arbor 9/11 Truth

North Texans for 9/11 Truth

Austin Citizens for 9/11 Truth

9/11 Blogger

Visibility 9/11

SD 9/11 Truth

PA 9/11 Visibility

9/11 Truth NC

MN 9/11 Truth and Freedom

Columbus 9/11 Truth

Cincy 9/11 Truth

TulsaTruth

Houston 9/11 Truth

New Mexico 9/11 Truth

Professional

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 truth

Veterans for 9/11 Truth

Pilots for 9/11 Truth

Firefighters for 9/11 Truth

Scholars for 9/11 Truth

Journal of 9/11 Studies

Patriots Question 9/11

Medical Professionals for9/11 Truth

Political Leaders for 911 Truth

Religious Leaders for 911 Truth

International

Denmark 9/11 Truth

Vancouver 9/11 Truth

9/11 Truth ORG

9/11 Truth Bristol UK

9/11 Truth DK

9/11 Truth Europe

Swedes for 9/11 Truth

Reopen 9/11 France

Operation 9/11 Germany

9/11 Video Germany

9/11 Truth Madrid

9/11 Truth London

9/11oz Australia

Irish 9/11 Truth Movement

Glasgow 9/11 Truth

Berkshire Group 9/11 Truth

9/11 Truth Peterborough

Oxford 9/11 truth

Brighton 9/11 Truth

W Yorkshire Truth Campaign

9/11 Truth Skipton

9/11 Truth Cumbria

United for Truth Europe

Truth Action

9/11 Truth Europe

9/11 Truth Slovakia

9/11 Belgium

9/11 Netherlands

International Truth Movement

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smartoyster. Show smartoyster's posts

Flying to chicago

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpankUveryMuch. Show SpankUveryMuch's posts

In Response to Remembering Sept. 11:
    [QUOTE]Where were you eight years ago today? Share your thoughts, condolences, and reflections on the terrible attack of Sept. 11, 2001.
    Posted by BDCFeaturesEditor[/QUOTE]

I was on my stepper as a plane crashed into the South Tower. As soon as both towers collapsed symmetrically, into their own footprints, I knew it was an inside job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpankUveryMuch. Show SpankUveryMuch's posts

[QUOTE]makes me as mad and sad as ever...where are we now 8 years later? are world has forever changed because of this evil. have we even captured or killed thier leaders yet? have we even one the wars? yet we are releasing prisoners, and going after our own cia and justice dept while we wait for next attack...
    Posted by sjwu81[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't the FBI want Bin Ladenfor 911?

They say "They don't have any hard evidence" OBL was involved in 911. Maybe you should call 911 and have them remove your head from your assss. 911 was an inside job,fool. But you'll gladly bend over and let them stick a probe up your behind to "keep you safe ' from phony terrorism.

And you'll enjoy every minute of it, won't you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCsheeple. Show BDCsheeple's posts

In Response to Remembering Sept. 11:
    [QUOTE]Where were you eight years ago today? Share your thoughts, condolences, and reflections on the terrible attack of Sept. 11, 2001.
    Posted by BDCFeaturesEditor[/QUOTE]

The terrible attack of Sept. 11, 2001? I dunno, I was huddled in the middle of my herd nice and safe and warm. As usual, I couldnt see anything but my neighbor'sbutt, and couldnt hear much either.

Could someone please tell me what happened?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Troofers are similar to cockroaches...

Cockroaches have more brainpower, though...