RIP McDonald's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

RIP McDonald's

It's been about 30 years since buying anything at McDonald's. What we see recently is no encouragement. [ Keith O'Brien, How McDonald’s came back, New York Times, May 5, 2012, at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/06/magazine/how-mcdonalds-came-back-bigger-than-ever.html ]

McDonald's has become Crisis Central in the young people's obesity race, especially in the Black community to which it panders. Maybe it will collapse from dead weight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Re: RIP McDonald's

Hmm, geuss you do not follow the news in the buisness area. Profits are good. People still eat. They still get good money from those who chose to eat McDonalds. BTW aren't the people who put food into their gob responsible for eating too much? Why don't you blame the stop and shop, for the fatty food they sell to people?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: RIP McDonald's:
    [QUOTE]There is healthier food at McDonalds than Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Ben and Jerry's. In fact the commies at Ben and Jerry's are no better than a tobacco company. The shiite they make is addictive and leads to arterial inflammation which instigates clogging of your arteries. It's not the fat, its the sugar. Plus there is very little, if any, nutritional value in their product.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You mean eating little overpriced containers of so-so tasting, frozen fat-laden milk, flavored with expresso beans grown by poor starving Andean sharecroppers, named after various marxists and druggies, is not good for you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: RIP McDonald's:
    [QUOTE]There is healthier food at McDonalds than Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Ben and Jerry's. In fact the commies at Ben and Jerry's are no better than a tobacco company. The shiite they make is addictive and leads to arterial inflammation which instigates clogging of your arteries. It's not the fat, its the sugar. Plus there is very little, if any, nutritional value in their product.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You're right, it is the sugar, but I'm not sure what you mean by "arterial inflammation."  To my knowledge it's the crystalline structure of sugar that's the problem; sugar crystals scrape arterial walls giving cholesterol a place to adhere and build up.  No scrapes, no build up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

There is nothing wrong with McDonalds in moderation.  But no-one really needs ice cream and donuts in their diet!  If people would just have these sugary things maybe once every week or two as a treat there wouldn't be a problem.  Sugar, fat and cholesterol are all separate issues, in fact many skinny people have high cholesterol, it's genetic, diet will help a little in some cases but some people just produce too much in the liver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Thoughts from the peanut gallery

Yes, indeed, there is something wrong. We suspect, having O'Ded 40 years ago on shoulder roasts from the former Pilgrim Market on Blackstone St, that nobody really benefits from fried hamburgers except maybe the McDonald's stockholders. The incredible pain of a gall-bladder attack will teach lasting lessons: not only a ban on McDonald's and likewise on Ben & Jerry's and on Dunkin' Donuts and their ilk but on all the fat-laden and sugar-laden pop foods that clog supermarket shelves. Fish and vegetables are cheap at the price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Thoughts from the peanut gallery

In Response to Thoughts from the peanut gallery:
    [QUOTE]Yes, indeed, there is something wrong. We suspect, having O'Ded 40 years ago on shoulder roasts from the former Pilgrim Market on Blackstone St, that nobody really benefits from fried hamburgers except maybe the McDonald's stockholders. The incredible pain of a gall-bladder attack will teach lasting lessons: not only a ban on McDonald's and likewise on Ben & Jerry's and on Dunkin' Donuts and their ilk but on all the fat-laden and sugar-laden pop foods that clog supermarket shelves. Fish and vegetables are cheap at the price.
    Posted by AppDev[/QUOTE]

The obvious solution is that the government have total control over the food supply, and give us not what we want, but what we need.  Of course, the government will be the ones deciding what we need, not us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts from the peanut gallery:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thoughts from the peanut gallery : The obvious solution is that the government have total control over the food supply, and give us not what we want, but what we need.  Of course, the government will be the ones deciding what we need, not us.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Have they not already started this with the soon to be in affect government forced ban on bake sales?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts from the peanut gallery : Have they not already started this with the soon to be in affect government forced ban on bake sales?
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

That's a start.  But, I am not sure I am eating right.  Maybe the government can remove this responisbility for me, and just install a chute, down which my daily nutrition will drop.  Add a bowl with some water, and I should be good for a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Quotes from Ronald Reagan.  He was on to something.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Man is not free unless government is limited

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts from the peanut gallery : Watch out for the nano-thermite.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I was expecting donuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Just a hamburger

Sometimes, to bowdlerize Freud, a hamburger...is just a hamburger. It may be you will tolerate it the rest of your life--however brief that might be.