Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin

How is it that David Letterman can be seemingly appolgized for by his supporters because he's just an entertainer and not a politician? 

Rush Limbaugh is a talk show host; not a politician yet he's often criticized for every little thing. Even the most insignificant comedic skits clearly satire are called rude, crude, insensitive and demeaning.

Both use the same forms of medium to convey their messages; implicitly or explicitly; yet there is a double standard.  

Why?

Anti-conservatives try too hard to have it both ways.

Why criticize Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin if they're insignificant?  Why criticize the audience they preach to and call them kool-aid drinkers if they don't matter?

If you're not familiar with the concept of a double negative; here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin

Hope this helps.  Letterman is a comedian and entertainer.  Limbugh is a talk show host and entertainer.  Palin ran for the office of the Vice President of the United States of America and is unintentionally entertaining.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin:
    [QUOTE]Hope this helps.  Letterman is a comedian and entertainer.  Limbugh is a talk show host and entertainer.  Palin ran for the office of the Vice President of the United States of America and is unintentionally entertaining.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

If I thought someone didn't matter to me; if I thought they were an insignificant piece of trash

- and yet obsessed over every little thing they did told people to stay away from them; don't talk to them; or so much as give them the time of day.

What would you think of me?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarah84. Show sarah84's posts

xx, obviously David Letterman should be sold on ebay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Is that where you got you "Big John Stud" model?  I hear that thing takes 16 D batteries.  Is that true?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin :   If I thought someone didn't matter to me; if I thought they were an insignificant piece of trash - and yet obsessed over every little thing they did told people to stay away from them; don't talk to them; or so much as give them the time of day.   What would you think of me?
    Posted by xttwo[/QUOTE]

All three cited people have significance as national celebrities.  They have some influence.  What is your point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

What a great start to a cocktail party invitation list!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : All three cited people have significance as national celebrities.  They have some influence.  What is your point?

Only Hollywood liberals would have a dillusional belief that what they say can change the world; starting with american society - telling them who to vote for.

By that logic, they think of themselves as politicians without the title, or the need to show up in congress or formulate bills; vote or chair committee hearings.

Of course they hate Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin. 

As an elitist; you never want to believe anyone has as much power ( influence ) if not more over a mindless population of sheep.
    Go to fullsize image

People can and will think for themselves.  ( eventually )

If conservatives have nothing to fear from the George Clooneys Barbra Streisands Michael Moores and Sean Penns of the world; liberals can sleep easy knowing Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh roam the countryside. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

At least Limbaugh and Letterman have established themselves as leaders in their respective genres for well over two decades.  In fact, one could make an informed contrast/comparison between their respective core audiences - those folks who have (and will) support them no matter what.

Palin doesn't really belong in this discussion; she has not (as yet) distinguished herself in one career with any sort of consistency.  Of course, with time and considerable effort that may change....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

God I hope not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

As a conservative I like Sarah Palin, she's a conservative and far cuter than any hideous liberal feminist walking the globe.  That includes blood drinking Angelina Jolie; meaty mouth Janeane Garofalo and the rest of plastic surgery Hollywood.

As a homer ( Massachusetts ) I like Mitt Romney but I'll vote for either one.

Sarah Palin's popularity proves you don't need to be established at all. Mitt Romney has the money, the contacts and can set up a first rate campaign organization. Yet who did the republican party nominate?  A corpse. 

A one-dimensional Bob Dole lookalike that didn't have the slightest idea or clue as to how to handle the faultering economy.

When it finally blew up in everyone's faces in October; McCain pulls the lamest stunt in all presidential campaigning history by suspending it and trying to goat Obama back to the US. Senate making him look weak, vulnerable and afraid of a debate.

Are you kidding me?

What a joke.  Picking Sarah Palin was probably the only productive thing he did in all of two failed campaigns ( 2000,2008 ). 

If it wasn't for my own belief that the republican party still holds credibility in the mantra of smaller government, smarter fiscal and foreign policy as well as strong national defense; I'd happily change my status to either independent or unenrolled.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]As a conservative I like Sarah Palin, she's a conservative and far cuter than any hideous liberal feminist walking the globe.  That includes blood drinking Angelina Jolie; meaty mouth Janeane Garofalo and the rest of plastic surgery Hollywood. As a homer ( Massachusetts ) I like Mitt Romney but I'll vote for either one. Sarah Palin's popularity proves you don't need to be established at all. Mitt Romney has the money, the contacts and can set up a first rate campaign organization. Yet who did the republican party nominate?  A corpse.  A one-dimensional Bob Dole lookalike that didn't have the slightest idea or clue as to how to handle the faultering economy. When it finally blew up in everyone's faces in October; McCain pulls the lamest stunt in all presidential campaigning history by suspending it and trying to goat Obama back to the US. Senate making him look weak, vulnerable and afraid of a debate. Are you kidding me? What a joke.  Picking Sarah Palin was probably the only productive thing he did in all of two failed campaigns ( 2000,2008 ).  If it wasn't for my own belief that the republican party still holds credibility in the mantra of smaller government, smarter fiscal and foreign policy as well as strong national defense; I'd happily change my status to either independent or unenrolled.  
    Posted by xttwo[/QUOTE]

Your embrace of Sarah Palin certainly establishes your intellectual credentials. Got a job yet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Rush and Dave both have better chances of being a presidential nominee than Palin, and neither of them have any chance at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]Hope this helps.  Letterman is a comedian and entertainer.  Limbugh is a talk show host and entertainer.  Palin ran for the office of the Vice President of the United States of America and is unintentionally entertaining.

I will have you know that I am officially stealing that phrase from you, "unintentionally entertaining."

Thank you..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[QUOTE]At least Limbaugh and Letterman have established themselves as leaders in their respective genres for well over two decades.  In fact, one could make an informed contrast/comparison between their respective core audiences - those folks who have (and will) support them no matter what. Palin doesn't really belong in this discussion; she has not (as yet) distinguished herself in one career with any sort of consistency.  Of course, with time and considerable effort that may change....
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

It's so unnatural to agree with Mathew but it is what it is.  Palin's resume' lacks consistency.  In the private sector, she is unhireable.  Resigning as governor was not a bright move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : Your embrace of Sarah Palin certainly establishes your intellectual credentials. Got a job yet?
    Your emotional defense of that self absorbed arrogant bigot Professor Gates established your lack of thereof counselor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : Your embrace of Sarah Palin certainly establishes your intellectual credentials. Got a job yet?

I own a business;  that's better than you isn't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : It's so unnatural to agree with Mathew but it is what it is.  Palin's resume' lacks consistency.  In the private sector, she is unhireable.  Resigning as governor was not a bright move.
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

That depends on how you view ending her political career.

I consider that bright as the Sun

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

In Response to Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin:
    [QUOTE]How is it that David Letterman can be seemingly appolgized for by his supporters because he's just an entertainer and not a politician?  Rush Limbaugh is a talk show host; not a politician yet he's often criticized for every little thing. Even the most insignificant comedic skits clearly satire are called rude, crude, insensitive and demeaning. Both use the same forms of medium to convey their messages; implicitly or explicitly; yet there is a double standard.   Why? Anti-conservatives try too hard to have it both ways. Why criticize Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin if they're insignificant?  Why criticize the audience they preach to and call them kool-aid drinkers if they don't matter? ____________________________________________________________ If you're not familiar with the concept of a double negative; here it is.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative  
    Posted by xttwo[/QUOTE]

Limbaugh is a talk show host who presents himself as the leader of the Republican party. Letterman is a talk show host who does not. Palin is a whiny quitter, but can provide entertainment.  She doesn't currently host anything.  Letterman deserves criticism for his actions in his off-air life.  Palin and Limbaugh say things to rile people up ("I want Obama to fail", "Death panels").  Letterman's looking for a cheap laugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

In Response to Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : Limbaugh is a talk show host who presents himself as the leader of the Republican party. Letterman is a talk show host who does not. Palin is a whiny quitter, but can provide entertainment.  She doesn't currently host anything.  Letterman deserves criticism for his actions in his off-air life.  Palin and Limbaugh say things to rile people up ("I want Obama to fail", "Death panels").  Letterman's looking for a cheap laugh.
    Posted by mhc90

And throught the MIRACLE of THE TUNER, no one has to pay any attention to any of them at all if they don't want to.

Something the Fairness Doctrine doofbags just don't seem to get

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : Limbaugh is a talk show host who presents himself as the leader of the Republican party. Letterman is a talk show host who does not. Palin is a whiny quitter, but can provide entertainment.  She doesn't currently host anything.  Letterman deserves criticism for his actions in his off-air life.  Palin and Limbaugh say things to rile people up ("I want Obama to fail", "Death panels").  Letterman's looking for a cheap laugh.
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

So where is the criticism in what they say valid? 

No one should have a problem with Sarah Palin choosing to call Obamacare as a setup for  " death panels ".   

Free speech means she can say that or anything else she wants to.

It's the job of Obama and his co-horts to convince a public they believe voted for them; that their plan is worth implementing.   They should be saying " pay no attention to the woman behind the skirt ". 

Not whining and crying over what she and Limbaugh say.

That's a pathetic cop out.

George W. Bush didn't give a damn about what liberals said about him; he let way too many things go unanswered to the dismay of me and a lot of conservatives.

But he chose to actually act like a president and focus on the big picture; not get caught up in whiny little fights over what each individual critic has to say.

Notice the difference?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

did anyone in the government gag Palin?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh vs. David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin : I will have you know that I am officially stealing that phrase from you, "unintentionally entertaining." Thank you..
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

Should have copyrighted it!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Rush sounds like he is back on the Oxys.  His addiction did not humble him in any way.