Should Union Dues be deducted from an employee’s pay check?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tale47. Show tale47's posts

Should Union Dues be deducted from an employee’s pay check?

Should employers be forced to deduct membership payments for a country club, a political party, or a wholesale club as it does for union membership?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Should Union Dues be deducted from an employee’s pay check?

Absolutely.  After all, its not my responsibility to pay for the things I want and need.  If management is so negligent that they can't provide this necessary benefit, then unions will have to do it, again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

If a employee works at a union shop and recieves benefits because of belonging to that union he or she should have dues or fees deducted from his or her paychecks. I don't really see an argument on that. Semper Fi !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beltway. Show Beltway's posts

The law should be changed preventing employers from deducting union dues from their employees.  Why is it the responsibility of their payroll department to do the unions' work for them?

Instead, the unions should do what everyone else does, solicit dues directly from their union members.  Let the union send out invoices to all their members and have them pay the unions directly.  If a member doesn't pay, cancel their union membership.  We can only hope the default rate is high. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Beltway make sure you know where to send the flowers for the death of the middle class if union are destoryed. But I guess you must have missed the news that the GOP attack on union's rights have blown up right in their supply sider's faces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Should Union Dues be deducted from an employee’s pay check?:
    [QUOTE]yes, There is no reason to change something that works.  This is just another attack on workers.  When will we get over punishing the workforce for the mistakes and criminal behavior of wall street and big business?
    Posted by kaijilly[/QUOTE]

Funny.  I almostt hought you were serious there. 

Yah, unions, you know, the ones who are wearing out the carpet in the oval office, they are definitively NOT looking out for the average worker.   They are looking out for Obama.

Sections
Shortcuts