SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense

SNL political comedy can be creative and clever, if almost exclusively left leaning...
    But last week, SNL actually gave some stinging satire to Obama; it skewered Obama's penchant to 'do nothing' or go back on his promises.
    ARMISEN as Obama : On my first day in office I said I’d close Guantanamo Bay. Is it closed yet? No. (audience laughter)
    ARMISEN: [on Afghanistan], I said I would make improvements in the war in Afghanistan. Is it better? No, I think it’s actually worse. (audience laughter)
    The media reaction?  
    Was it, "it's just entertainment"?

Think again...
    State-run media MSNBC :  "This sketch missed the mark, because great comedy is based in truth.."

CNN actually put its reporters on the task of seeing if the comedy skit was 'fair'!!

Adair:: "I think SNL tended to kind of gloss over what is a- a fair amount of progress by this administration"...
    "Saturday Night Live is a very important factor in how people get information about American politics"

When Sarah Palin was skewered: "lighten up, it's just comedy"
    When Obama is skewered: "SNL is an important factor" and their comedy bit must be fact checked...
    The state run media reaction is funnier than the original skit....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense

Since when does the media fact-check SNL skits?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense:
    Posted by hawkeye01

When they skewer The Chosen One!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense:
    Posted by hawkeye01

Not at all since January 20, 2001, but things have changed.

Hell, CBS didn't even fact check itself!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Since when does the media fact-check SNL skits?
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

I think this is a new one. I've never heard of a network news station fact checking a SNL skit. Are they fact check Steve Martins "King Tut" skit too? Was he really born in Arizoney and then moved to Babyloney?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense : I think this is a new one. I've never heard of a network news station fact checking a SNL skit. Are they fact check Steve Martins "King Tut" skit too? Was he really born in Arizoney and then moved to Babyloney?
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

Or the Fey "I can see Russia from my front porch" that many wing nuts STILL think Palin said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense : Or the Fey "I can see Russia from my front porch" that many wing nuts STILL think Palin said.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

she did say an approximation of that, and it was in response to a question about foreign policy as it relates to Russia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense : she did say an approximation of that, and it was in response to a question about foreign policy as it relates to Russia.
    Posted by scauma82[/QUOTE]

Exact quote - "they are our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

100% true.

And I am no Paling fan.  Facts are facts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

It started funny, then turned sad...now it's just kind of tragic.

I'm not talking about the skit (which was funny and on point).

I'm talking about the incessant whining.  A few months ago, the residents of Wingnuttistan were b(i)tching that nobody jokes on Obama.  The rest of us said that the jokes will come in due time, just like they did for Clinton and like they do for Pelosi, Frank, etc. 

Now, an iconic comedy sketch show broadcast by one of the nation's largest corporations/networks skewers the president mercilessly, succeeds in actually being funny, sharp and poignant (not a given on that show these days)...and you STILL find something to b(i)tch about. 

Can't you just be happy that your hysterically proclaimed enemy and the personification of everything you find evil in the world has taken a few shots to the chin??  Chris(s)akes, can you people even find the humor in humor??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SNL skewers Obama as "do nothing"; media rises to his defense : Or the Fey "I can see Russia from my front porch" that many wing nuts STILL think Palin said.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

I know.  My jaw dropped when Sarah84 defended that remark even though a real fan of Palin would have known it was never uttered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

The media is clearly liberally biased.  Just ask Glenn Beck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]It started funny, then turned sad...now it's just kind of tragic. I'm not talking about the skit (which was funny and on point). I'm talking about the incessant whining.  A few months ago, the residents of Wingnuttistan were b(i)tching that nobody jokes on Obama.  The rest of us said that the jokes will come in due time, just like they did for Clinton and like they do for Pelosi, Frank, etc.  Now, an iconic comedy sketch show broadcast by one of the nation's largest corporations/networks skewers the president mercilessly, succeeds in actually being funny, sharp and poignant (not a given on that show these days)...and you STILL find something to b(i)tch about.  Can't you just be happy that your hysterically proclaimed enemy and the personification of everything you find evil in the world has taken a few shots to the chin??  Chris(s)akes, can you people even find the humor in humor ??
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

You missed the point. On purpose? Its not the right that is beeyotching. It is MSNBC and CNN that has a hair accross their arrse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Now, an iconic comedy sketch show broadcast by one of the nation's largest corporations/networks skewers the president mercilessly, succeeds in actually being funny, sharp and poignant (not a given on that show these days)...and you STILL find something to b(i)tch about. 
    ---------------------

I don't think you are paying attention as to whom is doing the b(i)tching

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Well, here it's Bob.

And I seem to recall a few other posters here testing the waters for what they could and could not say about the prez.

As for Adair's comment, that was equally absurd. 

But my point is that it makes no sense to accuse a comedy show of not pointing out a politician's flaws, then criticizing the criticism of the same show actually pointing out the politician's flaws.  I mean, it's either satire or it isn't...it can't be both.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Is anything MoveOn does breaking news?  I think XTTWO's job search updates are more newsworthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Are we all missing Bob's point?

The fact that SNL is starting to cut itself loose from this guy should tell you something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

You drank too much punch.  They skewer whenever it will be funny.  They have always made fun of Biden, even started a couple shows with such a skit.  And Hilary didn't get the velvet treatment either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Clearly "liberal bias."  Right. 

The media is biased unless every single anchor sounds like Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh, may they burn in hell for eternity.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Sorry.  Not a subscriber.  Is Herb Chambers' clearout sale of 2009 models news?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts