The Arab Spring, Hows that working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

The Arab Spring, Hows that working out?

So liberals were all thrilled with the Arab spring in Egypt.

We on the right were more then a little nervous as to were it might go, and the Muslim Brotherhood and other extremes in Egypt. 

We were told the Students in  Egypt inspired by Obama would bring a peaceful democracy to Egypt.

Anyone still think that is going to happen.

Could it be that the Obama Bots were wrong, how could that be they are so much smarter then the evil right wingers in America.

I have noticed that in recent months the MSM has giving little coverage to this story, and when they do they dont say how Obama's name anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out?

Well, in respect to the Arab world, you would have to beleive one of two things:

Possibility 1:  Obama and his acolytes are so stupid they actually thought stirring up radicals to revolt would lead to democracy.

Possibility 2:  This is what they intended, meaning Obama seeks actively to turn over the middle east to islamic radicals and terrorists.

I'm not sure which is true, but neither is good for this country.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I found it more then a little funny when the MSM and the liberals were saying the Arab spring was due to Obama, it was dumb.

But what I found even dumber was them not seeing what we coming next, A hard core Muslim government.  They I am sure are going to be blaming the take over of Egypt by the Muslim Brotherhood on Bush, it must be Bush or Cheney.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

shumirules, are you trying to say that we shouln't applaud the democratic aspirations of other nations ? I know how people of your ilk would like to take everybody's right to vote away.

The USA should remain committed to the spread of the democratic process through out the world. Peace, stability and prosperity in the Middle East will take years to come into fruition.

Another result of the Arab Spring Movement is, should Israel be apprehensive about the sweeping changes that is happening in the Middle East. I would say yes but also there could be more opportunities for a lasting peace with a new generation of Arabs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

shumirules if I'm not mistaken dubya's regime warned Mubarak that there were possibilities of up risings in Egypt . Mubarak continued to oppress his people and got what he deserved.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter how is the House of Saud and the House of bush connection working out for this country ? Oh yeah, it gave us 9/11 !  Now,that is what I call a real ally .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

In Response to Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out?:
    shumirules, are you trying to say that we shouln't applaud the democratic aspirations of other nations ? I know how people of your ilk would like to take everybody's right to vote away. The USA should remain committed to the spread of the democratic process through out the world. Peace, stability and prosperity in the Middle East will take years to come into fruition. Another result of the Arab Spring Movement is, should Israel be apprehensive about the sweeping changes that is happening in the Middle East. I would say yes but also there could be more opportunities for a lasting peace with a new generation of Arabs.
    Posted by Sistersledge

No what I am saying is how funny it was that the liberals in the USA actually thought that things would get better after the Arab spring.

I would hate to be a women, Christian, or gay in Egypt with what is about to come down on them.

Do I blame this on Obama or Bush, heck no I just found it funny that liberals all thought it was going to get better in Egypt and how they so wanted to give Obama the credit for it
      I am thinking the Dems wont be running any ads about how great Obama helped the people of Egypt in 2012 campaign.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

shumirules I was being a wise @ss.

It is a pretty interesting subject that you bring up though !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

shumirules, are you trying to say that we shouln't applaud the democratic aspirations of other nations ? I know how people of your ilk would like to take everybody's right to vote away. The USA should remain committed to the spread of the democratic process through out the world. Peace, stability and prosperity in the Middle East will take years to come into fruition. Another result of the Arab Spring Movement is, should Israel be apprehensive about the sweeping changes that is happening in the Middle East. I would say yes but also there could be more opportunities for a lasting peace with a new generation of Arabs.
    Posted by Sistersledge

Sister, the people are voting for Islamic radicalism, not democracy.  I guess if you consider a singular act to subjugate yourself to radical tyranny, to be democracy, well, then you would be right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter how is the House of Saud and the House of bush connection working out for this country ? Oh yeah, it gave us 9/11 !  Now,that is what I call a real ally .
    Posted by Sistersledge

Sister, I am unaware of Bush's involvement in the Obama foreign policy.  Can you elaborate?

Also, show us the evidence that the House of Saud orchestrated 9/11.  After all, I'm open minded, buy your contortion of time and matter is really astounding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Just curious. Should we have sent tanks, guns, and missiles to Mubarak? Should we back Assad? No? Then the stupid whining looks like just that.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Well, we might have, but, we can't send anything now.  You see, we have a new foreign policy standard.  A country needs to support homosexual marriage in order to receive foreign aid.  Guess that leaves most of the middle east off the list, before and after Obama.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out? : No what I am saying is how funny it was that the liberals in the USA actually thought that things would get better after the Arab spring. I would hate to be a women, Christian, or gay in Egypt with what is about to come down on them. Do I blame this on Obama or Bush, heck no I just found it funny that liberals all thought it was going to get better in Egypt and how they so wanted to give Obama the credit for it   I am thinking the Dems wont be running any ads about how great Obama helped the people of Egypt in 2012 campaign.
    Posted by shumirules

Shum,  liberals just don't get it.  They blame Bush, applaud Obama, and miss the giant leap backwards that the Obama foreign policy has created, ACTIVELY, mind you.  The OBama administration is not just innocent bystanders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out? : Do not attempt stand-up.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Oh, man, I didn't listen, and I did.  I did it on my own.  No government help.  Now what do I do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out? : Shum,  liberals just don't get it.  They blame Bush, applaud Obama, and miss the giant leap backwards that the Obama foreign policy has created, ACTIVELY, mind you.  The OBama administration is not just innocent bystanders.
    Posted by skeeter20

You are so right.  We should have supported the dictators in place so they could ruthlessly suppress the forces of change in this area.  Change and progress of any sort are to be reviled and thwarted because it might go in unexpected directions.  This is the policy you want to embrace?  Support fascism and dictatorship?  Then again... maybe you do.  Here and abroad?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The people of Egypt have spoken and they chose an agenda that they wish to follow through peaceful means, an ELECTION !

It's their country !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

The people of Egypt have spoken and they chose an agenda that they wish to follow through peaceful means, an ELECTION ! It's their country !
    Posted by Sistersledge

So the women can move to the back of the bus so to speak.

Maybe we you can be happy about this I myself am not so happy with women be treated like 2nd class citizen's, maybe that is no big deal to you, but that is just a sad statement on your real thinking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

shumirules why are you bringing up the subject about women rights and being treated like 2nd class citizens ? How about our own treatment of women rights here in this country. If it wasn't for progressives in this country your type would still perfer to have women barefoot and pregnant .

BTW you care about the treatment of women ? Not once have I seen you say anything about how women are treated on this thread, Hypocrite !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

shumirules why are you bringing up the subject about women rights and being treated like 2nd class citizens ? How about our own treatment of women rights here in this country. If it wasn't for progressives in this country your type would still perfer to have women barefoot and pregnant . BTW you care about the treatment of women ? Not once have I seen you say anything about how women are treated on this thread, Hypocrite !
    Posted by Sistersledge

Well its pretty simple I think both sexes should be treated the same.

I hate the way women are treated in country's in the middle east.

I hate that in China and India girls are aborted at a much higher rate, so that couples can have male children.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

I think that we spend entirely too much time worrying about what's going on in other countries and not enough time taking care of our own problems which we seem to have more than an abundance of.  We seem to have something to say about every issue that is frankly, none of our business.  We'll be much better off when our "leaders" spend their time taking care of our own business instead of being hypocrites and trying to tell other how they should live.  Charity, after all, begins at home. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Arab Spring, Hows that working out? : Well its pretty simple I think both sexes should be treated the same. I hate the way women are treated in country's in the middle east. I hate that in China and India girls are aborted at a much higher rate, so that couples can have male children.
    Posted by shumirules

Good thoughts.  Now what do you propose the country does about it?  Be constructive.  Endless criticism without any proposed solutions is just plain boring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Reuben, there is very little that we can do about it.

Most liberals dont even want to talk about the fact that a baby girl has much less chance to be born in those country's then a baby boy. 

In the middle east its like the 4th century in the way they treat women, I don't see them coming around anytime soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatGandTdontWantYouToKnow. Show WhatGandTdontWantYouToKnow's posts

The Globe's political cartoonist, Dan Wasserman, put out a cartoon that suggested that Republicans didn't seem to understand that the Arab Spring was a foreign policy "Victory" for President Obama.

Hey, Dan, do you STILL think that the "Victories" for the Muslim Brotherhood and Shariah Law are also "Victories for Obama?

Dan, got any more cartoons about the Arab Spring?

Also, if Obama thinks that the Arab Spring was so great, how come no American military support for an Arab Spring in Syria, Lebanon, or IRAN?

Sections
Shortcuts