The Creator of Pop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

The Creator of Pop

Go to fullsize image Michael Jackson unquestionably filled all the gaps and thensome if anyone wants to know what the 1980's were like in America.

For the music industry, there was no such thing as " Pop " as a musical genre until Michael Jackson.  You had Country, Western, Rock, Soul, R&B, Jazz and Classical

Most black artists were especially lumped into either R&B, Soul and Jazz. 

Before there was rap music, there was Michael Jackson.   

Before there were dancing boy groups, there was Michael Jackson. 

Before there was Madonna and any other female artist that sung, danced, and used a mouth piece microphone, Michael Jackson pioneered it all. 

No one outsold him, or out performed him since and he's arguably the best of all those who came before him.  ( Elvis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones ) 

A man who can even outdance Fred Astaire on a stage deserves top billing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Re: The Creator of Pop

One of the greatest entertainers of the 20th century, without doubt, but without Berry Gordy and Quincy Jones, he's Shaun Cassidy with a 'fro.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Ah, but the boy scout leaders and priests didn't sell 800 million records

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3rdworldcountry. Show 3rdworldcountry's posts

In Response to The Creator of Pop:
    [QUOTE] Michael Jackson unquestionably filled all the gaps and thensome if anyone wants to know what the 1980's were like in America. For the music industry, there was no such thing as " Pop " as a musical genre until Michael Jackson.  You had Country, Western, Rock, Soul, R&B, Jazz and Classical Most black artists were especially lumped into either R&B, Soul and Jazz.  Before there was rap music, there was Michael Jackson.    Before there were dancing boy groups, there was Michael Jackson.  Before there was Madonna and any other female artist that sung, danced, and used a mouth piece microphone, Michael Jackson pioneered it all.  No one outsold him, or out performed him since and he's arguably the best of all those who came before him.  ( Elvis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones )  A man who can even outdance Fred Astaire on a stage deserves top billing.
    Posted by xttwo[/QUOTE]

you people are so pathetic.

it's like watching "glory", i couldda sworn you sutlers and camp followers won the American Civil War all by yourselves.

king of pop?

elvis, the beatles, stones, etc?

of course, they didn't get much air time on the r&b stations you listened to.

outdance fred astaire or gene kelly?

now that's too funny

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

I got this feeling Elvis met Jacko at the Pearly Gate with brass knuckles and said, "I've been waitin' for you freakboy.  Thank you very much"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: The Creator of Pop:
    [QUOTE]I got this feeling Elvis met Jacko at the Pearly Gate with brass knuckles and said, "I've been waitin' for you freakboy.  Thank you very much"
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

Elvis with his habitual drug use and his penchant for hitting women, I think Michael is an easy target. Beat up the weak. Is this type of welcome typical of the "pearly gates"? Do you have to fight your way in?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Creator of Pop : Elvis with his habitual drug use and his penchant for hitting women, I think Michael is an easy target. Beat up the weak. Is this type of welcome typical of the "pearly gates"? Do you have to fight your way in?
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3rdworldcountry. Show 3rdworldcountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Creator of Pop : Elvis with his habitual drug use and his penchant for hitting women, I think Michael is an easy target. Beat up the weak. Is this type of welcome typical of the "pearly gates"? Do you have to fight your way in?
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

so how many boys did the "King" Elvis molest?

did Elvis have pieces of his face falling off?

helps me. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

I think you idiots are pathetic if the only thing you seem to want to cling onto was his supposed child molestation accusations. 

Until you're convicted in a court of law, you're innocent until proven so.

Just hope no one accuses you of anything,  it'd be sad if it sticks to your forehead as long as you want it sticking to Michael's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Can Paul McCartney get his songs back?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Hey - Jamie Fox said "Micheal Jackson was a black man that the back community shared with the world and that he was responsible for giving us Barak Obama".

Gee - I liked Micheal Jackson up to now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

In the end - Jackson was just another junkie!

Though tragic - a very common tale......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In the end - Jackson was just another junkie! Though tragic - a very common tale......
    Posted by pymus1[/QUOTE]

Nah, I am just another junkie.  Elvis, Jimi, Janis, Jim and Jackson were genius junkies.

The real heros however, are folks like Frank Zappa, who never gave into the temptation, and Joe Walsh and anyone else (hello) who has overcome it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

I hear you Greg-

I have admiration for guys like  Keith Richards, Steve Tyler, Joe Perry who were outrageous junkies but who were able to kick it and stay sober.

The tragedy with Jackson Im sure we will learn in years to come was there were too many hangers on who depended on his inability to get clean including his own father . Even now Im hoping people are watching closely as the race hustlers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the "Spokes People" for Micheal Jackson. Where were you Jesse and Al in the months leading up to Jacksons death? What gravy train were you you mooching off of this time last year? The Obama Campaign?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Where were you Jesse and Al in the months leading up to Jacksons death? What gravy train were you you mooching off of this time last year? The Obama Campaign?
    ====================

Ding!