The DOW drops - republicans cheer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: The DOW drops - republicans cheer

Back when Obama was first elected..the republicans made no secret of the fact that would fight anything that made Obama look good in the eyes of the people. In spite of this tough talk, the Obama adminstration managed to accomplish some things..and in the course of trying to work with republicans make a mess of others ( HCR).
    Now, because the American people have reached the end of their tolerance level with Congress ( 12 percent approval) , the republicans have to back away from their earlier promises to sabotage any legislation that would cast Obama in a positive way. I have no doubt that every time the dow drops..there are a group that celebrate "Obama's failure"...we see it here from some of the far right posters. What they don't understand is that when the Dow drops..it's not a failure of Obama..it's a failure of government in general . This is the most abysmal congress I can remember in my lifetime.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

The sad part here that liberals seeem to think the GOP wants the economy in bad shape, we do not.

However watching Obama since he won in 2008 one thing has been very clear he has no real plan to help the economy, he adds spending which leads to inflation, adds in ObamaCare, adds in more and more regulations.  None of this helps the economy.

He talked about shovel ready jobs, he even laughs about that now.  He either lied about that to begin with or was so clueless that he really believed it, neither makes me happy.

The dems are under not to use the word stimulus, why it is such a joke to most it polls very badly.

He goes to NC and talks about bridges that are going to fall down soon, seems he lied about that, sorry he  over suggested about that. 

He says pass this bill, yet there is still no bill to pass.

OBama had the White House the dems controlled the Senate and the House, and they focused like a laser on passing ObamaCare.

He put a tax cheat in charge of the IRS, and Treasury, and wonders why he cant help the economy.

Then this very smart man talks about how this great country built the intercontinental railroad, the transcontinental railroad was not built by the government.  As Obama toss's up one gaffe after another you have to ask how smart this really smart man really is.

Obama is not a good leader, at this point I would settle for him just being an average leader, sadly he falls somewhere between either a bad leader, or not leading at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Oh and President Pass this bill fails to say one thing about his bill.

In todays globe they point out that even if it does add 1.9 million jobs, as Obama claims it would,(very unlikely) the bill becomes a drag on the economy in 2013 and 14.

But fixing the economy long term is not the point of this bill.  The point is to save Obama's job not to worry about 2013. 

How sad is what passes for leadership in the White House today?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

In Response to Re: The DOW drops - republicans cheer:
    In Response to Re: The DOW drops - republicans cheer : Yes, you do. The GOP has opposed President Obama at every turn. They are rude to him, even when he's making a State of the Union speech. He's vilified in a vicious manner daily on rightwing hate radio. Faux News, the propaganda outlet for the GOP, leads on non-stop attack on him. Then you have your pathetic evangelical preachers telling their sheepizen flocks every Sunday that Obama is the Anti-Christ. You republicans would make Hitler proud. 
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin

Way to ignore my whole post, dont debate any point I made, nope. 

I guess you either know I am right or you just cant.

President Pass This Bill........WHERE IS THE BILL?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

AlleyCat Bruin is absolutely correct. The Democrats never cheered under either of your scenarios WhatDoYouWantNow.

I too recall astonishment from the right, as well as utter lack of joy when Bin Laden was killed under President Obama's watch. If it had been under GWB, they probably would have petitioned for sainthood!

As it was, all the right saw was this is very very bad for their side in their mission to make President Obama an one term president. Much better that Bin Laden still be free and alive if it is good for the right. How very patriotic of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

To AlleyCatBriun et. al.:

I believe I have found the SageJohnLocke of the forums. Congratualtions jmel!

Or, is that you Sage, hiding behind this user name now that you have been banned 6 times from the site?

To any of you who do not know who TheSajeJohnLocke is/was, no matter. jmel is a mini me version of him.

To those of you who do know, as Muddy would say, BEHOLD...

Sorry jmel. If you ONLY post on forums, and do not attempt posting on open threads relating to current stories where everyone is all over everyone, then you would know what it is really like to have to hold your own.

As for intelligence, I will match me education, etc. against yours anyday. What I will not do is waste my time with a poster who shows a clear lack of respect and civility towards other posters. It has come to my attention that not just a few people on the forums use the ignore button on you. I have come to see why.

Clean up your style of posting or soon you will just be posting to yourself.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

To AlleyCatBriun et. al.: I believe I have found the SageJohnLocke of the forums. Congratualtions jmel! Or, is that you Sage, hiding behind this user name now that you have been banned 6 times from the site? To any of you who do not know who TheSajeJohnLocke is/was, no matter. jmel is a mini me version of him. To those of you who do know, as Muddy would say, BEHOLD... Sorry jmel. If you ONLY post on forums, and do not attempt posting on open threads relating to current stories where everyone is all over everyone, then you would know what it is really like to have to hold your own. As for intelligence, I will match me education, etc. against yours anyday. What I will not do is waste my time with a poster who shows a clear lack of respect and civility towards other posters. It has come to my attention that not just a few people on the forums use the ignore button on you. I have come to see why. Clean up your style of posting or soon you will just be posting to yourself.
    Posted by andiejen

Down goes jmel Down goes jmel! Andie scores a knockout, and jmel concedes!

SWEET.

That was like a Terry O'Reilly punch to the head! Nice one, Andie!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I wonder if Phil Gramm , Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe have anymore good ideas left ?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Re: The DOW drops - republicans cheer : Ahhhh,......ah-hem,......you may want to read my "Ray Lewis" body-slam rebuttal to your "intelligent" friend (LOL).   God you`re dumb!  It`s really sad.
    Posted by jmel

You got knocked down and you know it. I say again "Down goes jmel, down goes jmel"! Face it jmel, you are out of your league. You can't hang with Andie, sis or me. Quick, get Pinky to help you! Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

I wonder if Phil Gramm , Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe have anymore good ideas left ?
    Posted by Sistersledge

The GOP hasn't had any good ideas since Teddy Roosevelt was President. All they can do is turn to the Tea Bag Party and their lunacy.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

jmel:

You know very well I corrected my speling errors right away. What is up on this forum is NOT what you have in your post. How unseemly of you.

You brought up intelligence. "Can you read?" for instance. Vitriol and venom the refuge of those when they cannot hold their own. Are you here to debate, or to spew anger?

As for the reference to The SageJohnLocke, you missed the point entirely. It was not about his being banned, but about his style of posting as anyone who has been on the site would know. Real men post on the site as well jmel. But then again, missing the point is probably not something entirely new to you.

I have been remiss in not acknowledging other posters for holding your feet to the fire in addition to AlleyCatBruin.

GreginMeffa. Keep pushing for that link to republicans cheering. We both know it will never happen, but I admire your tenacity very much.

miscricket. Of course President Obama was not responsible for the drop in the DOW. Good post.

movingtarget3.  Tax cuts are back. The new GOP rallying cry. Oh boy, is this going to be fun.  Great post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

jedwardnicky:

Thank you very much. Spot on post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

jmel:

You referred to me as running away "like a little brat". Gee, seems I have posted here quite frequently since I entered this forum. However, some of us have careers...serious careers. We cannot sit on the computer day and night waiting for your next jem to drop.

In addition, some of us also post quite frequently on the articles. That takes a lot of time. Give it a try. I do not remember you on any article. No guts?

And some of us actually have lives outside of Boston.com. Hard to imagine I know. Like spouses, families, homes, friends, real world politics to be involved in as well as other interests. Then,as they say on the site, there are those who live in their mom's basement. They have plenty of time to sit on the computer day and night. Or the retired. Maybe you fit into one of these two categories?

Is it even possible for you to stay on topic btw?

Do not think you will be on the paid site come next Saturday. That is for serious posters. Forums still will be here for free. On Boston.com. BostonGlobe.com requires money and an interest in reading and commenting on the articles.

Maybe you should start your own blog. "Jmel's Jewels" Allow only those comments that agree with yours. Downside:  Hard to spew vitriol at those comments.

Real people do have you on ignore. Reason being your comments are not worth their valuable time. Same thing happened to Sage. His reputation was one of a right wing windbag...a buffoon. Only time he was addressesed was when he posted incorrect facts. He was corrected because he got a quote wrong from Churchhill. Link was provided. He flamed that user for five weeks until he was banned. Tried to sneak back on many times. Pulled every time. He lived for posting on Boston.com. Gone forever despite boasting of a "stable full of lawyers" as well as a weekly lunch with a federal judge. That is who you remind me of jmel.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts