The Greatest Generation...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SalveteAmici. Show SalveteAmici's posts

Re: The Greatest Generation...

In Response to The Greatest Generation...:
    [QUOTE]Just saw a History Channel bit on the rescue of the men trapped on the capsized USS Oklahoma, December 7, 1941.  Mistakes were made (use of blow torches ignited the flammable cement that held the plates together, and the fire sucked the oxygen and killed 8), but the tales of men pushing their buddies up through holes knowing they wouldn't make it...what can one say?. Here's what got me: "They got us on a hospital ship, but the funny thing is, no one would stay below decks.  EVERYone sneaked up to top deck, and we slept outside on the cold, hard steel." Damn, thats somethin'. 
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this. I am a product of that greatest generation, and while I agree I am, to a degree, (lol) somewhat suffer from melancholy, I believe the America I see developing all around me currently has never before in current times in more danger...Remember your history before it is distorted , perverted or gone forever....Be a proud American warts and all,....Honor and defend our Constitution as it was written...before it is all but a memory

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ROLLING OVER IN THEIR GRAVES AT WHAT IS GOING ON IN WASHINGTON D C TODAY...... AND TO THINK THAT THEY PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE SO THAT THE MOONBATS, RAD, SOC, WACOS CAN DRIVE TIS COUNTRY INTO THE GROUND !!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: The Greatest Generation...:
    [QUOTE]  ROLLING OVER IN THEIR GRAVES AT WHAT IS GOING ON IN WASHINGTON D C TODAY...... AND TO THINK THAT THEY PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE SO THAT THE MOONBATS, RAD, SOC, WACOS CAN DRIVE TIS COUNTRY INTO THE GROUND !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

My grandfather saw serious action in WWII and is a decorated Vet. Been a strong supporter of the democrats since FDR, and is very concerned about the growth of the right in this country. Like he always said, when the democrats are in office there is food on the table.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Greatest Generation... : My grandfather saw serious action in WWII and is a decorated Vet. Been a strong supporter of the democrats since FDR, and is very concerned about the growth of the right in this country. Like he always said, when the democrats are in office there is food on the table.
    Posted by ForumCleaner[/QUOTE]  THATS A "WOW" !!!    AS DAD WOULD SAY..........  "SON, WAKE UP, THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDFATHERS DEMOCRATIC PARTY"  !!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Greatest Generation... :   THATS A "WOW" !!!    AS DAD WOULD SAY..........  "SON, WAKE UP, THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDFATHERS DEMOCRATIC PARTY"  !!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

My grandfather would agree. He thinks it is much less favorable to the poor and working class than it was under FDR.

Sections
Shortcuts