The Tea Party Terrorists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Tea Party Terrorists

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists:
    "The left"?  You mean a few stoned college kids? Frankly, I think most people were merely hoping he'd eat more pretzels.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow

So, now you are wishing he chokes to death on pretzels?  When does the hatred on the left stop? 

This is a prime example tha the ideas are on the Right, the hatred is on the Left  Lock-step with their masters, they wish death on those on the right at nearly every post possible..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

" However, I am in curious exactly what you think Palin is responsible for.  The shooting?" She's responsible for validating the fringe nutbags who consider using violence as a solution of some kind.  Her use of "blood libel" shows that she's OK with this kind of rhetoric.  If she were a leader, like she purports to be, she'd be trying to help calm the citizenry, not enflaming it by bringing up a whole new dimension of violence through her carefully considered use of "blood libel." I think she's looking to get rich, like Limbaugh, Beck, Malkin and the rest, and doesn't care who gets hurt, or what principles get stomped, in the meantime.
    Posted by Ergoetal

"She's responsible for validating the fringe nutbags who consider using violence as a solution of some kind."

HOW????  More rhetoric, no examples.  You can'[t come up with examples, becasue they don't exist.  you don't even get her point on blood libel.  Here's what Alan Derhiwitz has to say on the matter, a liberal with credibility:

"The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term."

Face it, you are caught up not in facts, but hate.  you don't even pretend to have facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Don't confuse it with the "no one said all" BS. That has ALWAYS been implied! Look at Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc. If you are against their racist BS you MUST be a racist and that has been the Dem. playbook for most of my life! It was Matty's and Rham Emanuel's favorite Saul Alinsky. He was the origin of Rahm's favorite saying "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”
    Posted by brat13

When you speak in absolutes ("all" dems do this...) it is in fat not implied that it is not an absolute ("some" dems do this...).  Speak what you mean. 

Remember Jackson and Sharpton have never actually been elected to anything.  They speak for only a small group in the Democratic coalition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : So, now you are wishing he chokes to death on pretzels?  When does the hatred on the left stop?  This is a prime example tha the ideas are on the Right, the hatred is on the Left  Lock-step with their masters, they wish death on those on the right at nearly every post possible..
    Posted by skeeter20

You are hyperventilating.  Slow down, get some air: excessive, irresposible hyperbole will be the death of you.  Now he will blame me (and all the "Left") for causing him to breath heavy and hyperbolize often...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill1013. Show bill1013's posts

The events in Arizona notwithstanding, the fact remains that the Tea Party is little more than a bunch of disgruntled, middle-aged white people who are mad as hell that a black man was elected president. These people would like to take this country back to the pre-civil rights era, when Jim Crow ruled the South. They are nothing more than the KKK minus the white robes and burning crosses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : You are hyperventilating.  Slow down, get some air: excessive, irresposible hyperbole will be the death of you.  Now he will blame me (and all the "Left") for causing him to breath heavy and hyperbolize often...
    Posted by Reubenhop

Examples.  give me examples of this personal hatred on the Right.  going on to two weeks, and not one example.  not one.  If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would at least try to change the subject like Ergotal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The events in Arizona notwithstanding, the fact remains that the Tea Party is little more than a bunch of disgruntled, middle-aged white people who are mad as hell that a black man was elected president. These people would like to take this country back to the pre-civil rights era, when Jim Crow ruled the South. They are nothing more than the KKK minus the white robes and burning crosses.
    Posted by bill1013

Really.  Care to support that claim? 

Seeing that the TEA in TEA party stand forTAXED ENOUGH ALREADY, I think you are blindly following the rhetoric of your leftist superiors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : When you speak in absolutes ("all" dems do this...) it is in fat not implied that it is not an absolute ("some" dems do this...).  Speak what you mean.  Remember Jackson and Sharpton have never actually been elected to anything.  They speak for only a small group in the Democratic coalition.
    Posted by Reubenhop

Sorry Reuben. When you have to make multiple qualifiers in a debate you have lost! So it has to be an elected Democrat?
    “Racism is the ability to take your discrimination based on race and turn it into public policy,” State Sen. Kevin Parker told WWRL radio in New York City. “There’s only one kind of racism that’s functional in the world, and that’s white supremacy. And that’s what . . . a lot of the Republicans are
    Or...

A Tennessee House Democratic leader is drawing fire from Republicans for charging that some of President Obama's conservative critics in Tennessee are motivated by racism.

Rep. Mike Turner of Nashville, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, made his remarks at a news conference Monday.
    Asked to elaborate afterward, Turner said, “I think some of the people who are against Obama are just against Obama because he’s African-American.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Posted by bill1013

You are a fool! Have you ever been to a TP rally? This US Rep. has and has spoken at several...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Democrats should avoid civil rights and the KKK like they do tax cuts, but NEVER seem to understand that it makes them look stupid.
    Posted by GreginMeffa

There was a senator in recent times that was a liberal, a democrat, and a member of the KKK.  Can't seem to put my finger on his name...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Sorry Reuben. When you have to make multiple qualifiers in a debate you have lost! So it has to be an elected Democrat? “Racism is the ability to take your discrimination based on race and turn it into public policy,” State Sen. Kevin Parker told WWRL radio in New York City. “There’s only one kind of racism that’s functional in the world, and that’s white supremacy. And that’s what . . . a lot of the Republicans are Or...   A Tennessee House Democratic leader is drawing fire from Republicans for charging that some of President Obama's conservative critics in Tennessee are motivated by racism. Rep. Mike Turner of Nashville, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, made his remarks at a news conference Monday. Asked to elaborate afterward, Turner said, “I think some of the people who are against Obama are just against Obama because he’s African-American.”
    Posted by brat13

So you have a couple poltiicans.  You still don't have "all".  Hyperbole is not helpful.  Focusing on the fringe and labeling it mainstream is an ongoing problem with BOTH parties. 

And don't you think like Turner said that SOME of the opposition to Obama is based in race? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Democrats should avoid civil rights and the KKK like they do tax cuts, but NEVER seem to understand that it makes them look stupid.
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Do remind me how the anti-gay laws in the military were revoked.  Who were the leading Republicans for this effort?  All but 8 Republicans opposed it in the Senate.  All but 5 (!) Republicans voted against it in the House.  It of course was signed by a Democratic president. Obviously if the Dems stay away from civil rights they simply wont happen. 

The Democrats may not have a perfect civil rights record, but the Republicans have a simply dreadful one.  Odd that you have no time to bemoan this central fact in your own movement.  Look to those around you.  It can be pretty ugly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : So you have a couple poltiicans.  You still don't have "all".  Hyperbole is not helpful.  Focusing on the fringe and labeling it mainstream is an ongoing problem with BOTH parties.  And don't you think like Turner said that SOME of the opposition to Obama is based in race? 
    Posted by Reubenhop

Come on Reuben! You do it regularly here! Those of us against illegals are racist. You have done it several times! That is the THE card for Dems.
    Hyperbole? Maybe a VERY little but every time it seems D's pull out the race card and the R's pull out the Patriot card.
    I think there is @2% in BOTH parties who are against Obama because he is black. The rest of us are against him because we disagree with his ideas and vision of America. BUT when we say it we are immediately labeled racists. I have been there done that my whole life because of my beliefs and where I was born!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Do remind me how the anti-gay laws in the military were revoked.  Who were the leading Republicans for this effort?  All but 8 Republicans opposed it in the Senate.  All but 5 (!) Republicans voted against it in the House.  It of course was signed by a Democratic president. Obviously if the Dems stay away from civil rights they simply wont happen.  The Democrats may not have a perfect civil rights record, but the Republicans have a simply dreadful one.  Odd that you have no time to bemoan this central fact in your own movement.  Look to those around you.  It can be pretty ugly.
    Posted by Reubenhop

Funny how 2 Democrat Presidents signed DADT and The Uniform Code of Military Justice that established the policy and process for discharging homosexuals from the military.
    Also you may want to look at which party tried to stop the civil rights act of 1964...
    The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."
    On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation

The vote by party...

The original House version:[12]

• Democratic Party: 152-96   (61%-39%)
    • Republican Party: 138-34   (80%-20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[13]

• Democratic Party: 44-23   (66%–34%)
    • Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%)

The Senate version:[12]

• Democratic Party: 46-21   (69%–31%)
    • Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[12]

• Democratic Party: 153-91   (63%–37%)
    • Republican Party: 136-35   (80%–20%)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill1013. Show bill1013's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : You are a fool! Have you ever been to a TP rally? This US Rep. has and has spoken at several...
    Posted by brat13

I've heard this guy, and when he talks, it sounds like he's reading text prepared by Fox News. In the pre-Civil War era, he would have been referred to as a 'house slave.'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Gosh Batman, who most recently used the term House Slave, which party was he speaking for and who was he referring to? This just gets easier
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Come on, Greg.  It's like this:

When a progressive says it, it's "speaking truth to power"

When a conservative says it, it's "hate speech"

Get it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Funny how 2 Democrat Presidents signed DADT and The Uniform Code of Military Justice that established the policy and process for discharging homosexuals from the military. Also you may want to look at which party tried to stop the civil rights act of 1964... The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress." On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation The vote by party... The original House version: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 152-96   (61%-39%) Republican Party: 138-34   (80%-20%) Cloture in the Senate: [ 13 ] Democratic Party: 44-23   (66%–34%) Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%) The Senate version: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 46-21   (69%–31%) Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%) The Senate version, voted on by the House: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 153-91   (63%–37%) Republican Party: 136-35   (80%–20%)
    Posted by brat13

Thanks for the history lesson. But I am talking about today not fifty years ago.  As you know, the Democrats had a lot of hardline southern conservatives in their coalition back then.  Their descendants are now all in the G.O.P.  Obviously by the recent vote on DADT the G.O.P. has little use for new civil rights legislation.  Indeed they are actively against it. For a party that is supposed to be a supporter of the rights of the individual they do a lousy job when push comes to shove.  Those social conservatives set the tone and drag the rest of the party with them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : DADT was also signed by a democrat president after a dem congress veto proofed the OUTRIGHT BAN on gays in the military. If you like presidents and civil rights, LBJ thanked republicans for passing CVA 64 and Ronald Reagan signed MLK Day into law. OOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Want to explain why the G.O.P. voted overwhelmingly to keep DADT?  Want to find fault with that effort or is just Democrats that you criticize?  At least Democrats try to make things better.  The G.O.P. either does not care or they looking to roll back the laws on civil rights. And I am talking about NOW not in some bygone era. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Want to explain why the G.O.P. voted overwhelmingly to keep DADT?  Want to find fault with that effort or is just Democrats that you criticize?  At least Democrats try to make things better.  The G.O.P. either does not care or they looking to roll back the laws on civil rights. And I am talking about NOW not in some bygone era. 
    Posted by Reubenhop

Make things better?  It would seem to me that, while the intention might be to make things better, the Democrats in this case might conceivably make things worse for some.  

Oh, and history means something...and it's an insult to civil rights for you to diminish what the government did 50 years ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Just FYI, but the "Blood Libel" thing was first used in reference to Palin in 2009:

http://www.infocusnews.net/content/view/44244/135

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Skeeter, meet Gregin.  Gregin, meet Skeeter. Nice that you two agree with each other.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Yah, I get that a lot when I win arguments of fantastic logic against inferior progressives.  Yawn.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Make things better?  It would seem to me that, while the intention might be to make things better, the Democrats in this case might conceivably make things worse for some.   Oh, and history means something...and it's an insult to civil rights for you to diminish what the government did 50 years ago.
    Posted by Rushfan2112

I did not diminish what was done several generations ago.  But we are focusing on where the parties are now.  The G.O.P. has drummed out virtually all their social liberals and have become a group that opposes virtually all civil rights initiatives. The Democrats still try to make a push in this regard.  DADT was a shameful result for the G.O.P.: despite the repeal being supported by the military's top brass and most of the rank and file, the Republicans went the anti-gay social conservative route.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

" Just FYI, but the "Blood Libel" thing was first used in reference  to  Palin in 2009: http://www.infocusnews.net/content/view/44244/135 " Oh, I see.  So naturally she'd just want to pick up the metaphor and run with it.
    Posted by Ergoetal

For a person who started a discussion titled "TEA Party Terrorists"  you certainly have lost your standing to critisize Sarah Palin.  You laid down your chips.  you are a merchant of hate and uncivil speech.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : For a person who started a discussion titled "TEA Party Terrorists"  you certainly have lost your standing to critisize Sarah Palin.  You laid down your chips.  you are a merchant of hate and uncivil speech.
    Posted by skeeter20

Ergoteal did not start the thread.  You are smearing the wrong person.   Or do you just mindlessly lump all people who disagree with you together so they are held responsible for any comment from the those to the left of you.  You do realize that would be virtually everybody...   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Crosshairs Sarah is a dimwitted, greedy, half-term governor without a clue. But hey, she said she can see Russia! Hahahahaaaaaaaaa! The republicans are such morons.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin

Says the poster who continues to attribute a quote made in parody by an actress, to a VP Candidate/Governor. Yea THAT works! Pot meet kettle!

Sections
Shortcuts