The Tea Party Terrorists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: The Tea Party Terrorists

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Funny how 2 Democrat Presidents signed DADT and The Uniform Code of Military Justice that established the policy and process for discharging homosexuals from the military. Also you may want to look at which party tried to stop the civil rights act of 1964... The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress." On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation The vote by party... The original House version: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 152-96   (61%-39%) Republican Party: 138-34   (80%-20%) Cloture in the Senate: [ 13 ] Democratic Party: 44-23   (66%–34%) Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%) The Senate version: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 46-21   (69%–31%) Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%) The Senate version, voted on by the House: [ 12 ] Democratic Party: 153-91   (63%–37%) Republican Party: 136-35   (80%–20%)
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the history lesson. But I am talking about today not fifty years ago.  As you know, the Democrats had a lot of hardline southern conservatives in their coalition back then.  Their descendants are now all in the G.O.P.  Obviously by the recent vote on DADT the G.O.P. has little use for new civil rights legislation.  Indeed they are actively against it. For a party that is supposed to be a supporter of the rights of the individual they do a lousy job when push comes to shove.  Those social conservatives set the tone and drag the rest of the party with them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : DADT was also signed by a democrat president after a dem congress veto proofed the OUTRIGHT BAN on gays in the military. If you like presidents and civil rights, LBJ thanked republicans for passing CVA 64 and Ronald Reagan signed MLK Day into law. OOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Want to explain why the G.O.P. voted overwhelmingly to keep DADT?  Want to find fault with that effort or is just Democrats that you criticize?  At least Democrats try to make things better.  The G.O.P. either does not care or they looking to roll back the laws on civil rights. And I am talking about NOW not in some bygone era. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Want to explain why the G.O.P. voted overwhelmingly to keep DADT?  Want to find fault with that effort or is just Democrats that you criticize?  At least Democrats try to make things better.  The G.O.P. either does not care or they looking to roll back the laws on civil rights. And I am talking about NOW not in some bygone era. 
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Make things better?  It would seem to me that, while the intention might be to make things better, the Democrats in this case might conceivably make things worse for some.  

Oh, and history means something...and it's an insult to civil rights for you to diminish what the government did 50 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Just FYI, but the "Blood Libel" thing was first used in reference to Palin in 2009:

http://www.infocusnews.net/content/view/44244/135

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Skeeter, meet Gregin.  Gregin, meet Skeeter. Nice that you two agree with each other.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Yah, I get that a lot when I win arguments of fantastic logic against inferior progressives.  Yawn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Make things better?  It would seem to me that, while the intention might be to make things better, the Democrats in this case might conceivably make things worse for some.   Oh, and history means something...and it's an insult to civil rights for you to diminish what the government did 50 years ago.
    Posted by Rushfan2112[/QUOTE]

I did not diminish what was done several generations ago.  But we are focusing on where the parties are now.  The G.O.P. has drummed out virtually all their social liberals and have become a group that opposes virtually all civil rights initiatives. The Democrats still try to make a push in this regard.  DADT was a shameful result for the G.O.P.: despite the repeal being supported by the military's top brass and most of the rank and file, the Republicans went the anti-gay social conservative route.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]" Just FYI, but the "Blood Libel" thing was first used in reference  to  Palin in 2009: http://www.infocusnews.net/content/view/44244/135 " Oh, I see.  So naturally she'd just want to pick up the metaphor and run with it.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

For a person who started a discussion titled "TEA Party Terrorists"  you certainly have lost your standing to critisize Sarah Palin.  You laid down your chips.  you are a merchant of hate and uncivil speech.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : For a person who started a discussion titled "TEA Party Terrorists"  you certainly have lost your standing to critisize Sarah Palin.  You laid down your chips.  you are a merchant of hate and uncivil speech.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Ergoteal did not start the thread.  You are smearing the wrong person.   Or do you just mindlessly lump all people who disagree with you together so they are held responsible for any comment from the those to the left of you.  You do realize that would be virtually everybody...   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Crosshairs Sarah is a dimwitted, greedy, half-term governor without a clue. But hey, she said she can see Russia! Hahahahaaaaaaaaa! The republicans are such morons.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]
    Says the poster who continues to attribute a quote made in parody by an actress, to a VP Candidate/Governor. Yea THAT works! Pot meet kettle!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : I've heard this guy, and when he talks, it sounds like he's reading text prepared by Fox News. In the pre-Civil War era, he would have been referred to as a 'house slave.'
    Posted by bill1013[/QUOTE]
    So you are calling him an "Uncle Tom" because he says things you disagree with? And which group is racist? Is Bill Cosby an "Uncle Tom" too? How about Jesse Jackson who has FINALLY started to be honest and admit the Democrats have ruined the black inner city culture in this country!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Thanks for the history lesson. But I am talking about today not fifty years ago.  As you know, the Democrats had a lot of hardline southern conservatives in their coalition back then.  Their descendants are now all in the G.O.P.  Obviously by the recent vote on DADT the G.O.P. has little use for new civil rights legislation.  Indeed they are actively against it. For a party that is supposed to be a supporter of the rights of the individual they do a lousy job when push comes to shove.  Those social conservatives set the tone and drag the rest of the party with them.
    Wrong Reuben! That is the mistake liberals make! Conservatives think the Civil Rights Act handled 99% of this and we don't need 1000 laws making ever sub set of people a "protected group". Lets start universally enforcing our laws and most of this BS is solved! Are not gays and blacks "Americans"? Well, CRA 1964 covered that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Wrong Reuben! That is the mistake liberals make! Conservatives think the Civil Rights Act handled 99% of this and we don't need 1000 laws making ever sub set of people a "protected group". Lets start universally enforcing our laws and most of this BS is solved! Are not gays and blacks "Americans"? Well, CRA 1964 covered that.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Even a cursory knowledge of history will tell you that the fight for civil rights did not end in 1964.  A lot of work was still to be done.  One need only look at the issue of gay rights right now and the shameful opposition of the G.O.P. on DADT to realize 1964 was not the end point of this effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]The very premise of this thread is a mindless lumping. And if DADT repeal (which I supported) was an example of "the anti-gay social conservative route", then why wasn't it when it was put in in the first place, to thwart, yes, the DEMOCRATS? 

Talking about today.  Can't change yesterday, but can learn from it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Ergoteal did not start the thread.  You are smearing the wrong person.   Or do you just mindlessly lump all people who disagree with you together so they are held responsible for any comment from the those to the left of you.  You do realize that would be virtually everybody...   

Uncalled for Rueben.  I'm ignoring Alley cat, so at a quick glance, looked like ergotal started the thread.    Apologies to ergotal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Even a cursory knowledge of history will tell you that the fight for civil rights did not end in 1964.  A lot of work was still to be done.  One need only look at the issue of gay rights right now and the shameful opposition of the G.O.P. on DADT to realize 1964 was not the end point of this effort.
    It is a fight every day because the laws on the books are not being enforced! We don't need more!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Uncalled for Rueben.  I'm ignoring Alley cat, so at a quick glance, looked like ergotal started the thread.    Apologies to ergotal.
    I'm glad that Skeeter is ignoring me. It shows that he cannot handle any opposing views without crying like a little baby republican.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : It is a fight every day because the laws on the books are not being enforced! We don't need more!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

We had to get rid of one: DADT.  There are few more discriminatory laws and practices (like DOMA) that need the same attention, but certainly in Massachusetts we have created some good protections.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Ergoteal did not start the thread.  You are smearing the wrong person.   Or do you just mindlessly lump all people who disagree with you together so they are held responsible for any comment from the those to the left of you.  You do realize that would be virtually everybody...   
    He's to cowardly to smear the Alley Cat! He would need to have a crying Glenn Beck with him and the Drugster Rush on the radio at the same time. LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Ah, the fact it was the dems to begin with is irrelevant, NOW. Okey dokey counselor.  That'll work. Ditto civil rights and womens suffrage, eh?\ And of course, you take umbrage at being lumped in as all, in a thread with this title. LOL Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Run away Sir Robin.

The Republicans have a disgusting embrace of regressive policies in terms of civil rights today.  No wonder you want to talk about years ago.  Why don't you do a little self examination.  Why do you hang with a bunch of bigots?  I bet you want to run away from that real quick.  I can hear the coconuts as you march off into the sunset.  Run away!  Reality hurts: best avoid it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : The Republicans have a disgusting embrace of regressive policies in terms of civil rights today.  No wonder you want to talk about years ago.  Why don't you do a little self examination.  Why do you hang with a bunch of bigots?  I bet you want to run away from that real quick.  I can hear the coconuts as you march off into the sunset.  Run away!  Reality hurts: best avoid it.
    Republicans are just plain disgusting:)...........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : The Republicans have a disgusting embrace of regressive policies in terms of civil rights today.  No wonder you want to talk about years ago.  Why don't you do a little self examination.  Why do you hang with a bunch of bigots?  I bet you want to run away from that real quick.  I can hear the coconuts as you march off into the sunset.  Run away!  Reality hurts: best avoid it.

That's a pretty serious and unsubstantiated charge, ruebie, that the republicans have embraced regressive policies in terms of civil rights.   I don't see anything , care to elaborate, or are you just trying to fill out the  liberal template that republicans are bigots and racists, with out facts?  I guess you are comfortable flinging wild accusations.

So much for the much ballyhooed tone of civility from the last couple of weeks.  I guess we now know who are the uncivil ones.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Republicans are just plain disgusting:)...........
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

Some more of your witty insight.  Your open minded tolerance perhaps?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : I did not diminish what was done several generations ago.  But we are focusing on where the parties are now.  The G.O.P. has drummed out virtually all their social liberals and have become a group that opposes virtually all civil rights initiatives. The Democrats still try to make a push in this regard.  DADT was a shameful result for the G.O.P.: despite the repeal being supported by the military's top brass and most of the rank and file, the Republicans went the anti-gay social conservative route.

It sure seems that way.  Past performance means something...and your dismissing it to "focus" on today.  I sincerely doubt your assertion that the GOP opposes civil rights.  But everyone has an opinion...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : That's a pretty serious and unsubstantiated charge, ruebie, that the republicans have embraced regressive policies in terms of civil rights.   I don't see anything , care to elaborate, or are you just trying to fill out the  liberal template that republicans are bigots and racists, with out facts?  I guess you are comfortable flinging wild accusations. So much for the much ballyhooed tone of civility from the last couple of weeks.  I guess we now know who are the uncivil ones.

Look at the vote on DADT.  Despite the fact that the top brass and a substantial majority of rank and file in the military supported repeal, the G.O.P. overwhelmingly opposed the effort.  What other explanation could there be than just basic bigotry?  

Civility is still a value I uphold, but that does not mean you don't call out people when they engage in moral wrongdoing.  AND I am not putting cross hairs on anyone or talking about second amendment remedies to deal with the problem.  Stupid people need to be taught, not shot.

Sections
Shortcuts